• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Missouri State University Bears

Originally posted by goon View Post
    is there any TV view options or ESPN3?
    Most TV options are always located in the schedule. MVFC TV
    http://gojacks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

I was also able to find it on upcoming schedule on ESPN app (ESPN3).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Most TV options are always located in the schedule. MVFC TV
      http://gojacks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

I was also able to find it on upcoming schedule on ESPN app (ESPN3).
      If you click "watch" after clicking "details" in the GoJacks schedule, it redirects to Espn3 too.
      Missouri State Details.jpg

Comment

Anyone else notice that Farina isn't on the two deep? Coaches have been after him for a few weeks now for missed assignments/guessing wrong. It'll be interesting to see how Slade plays. Zo has had a really good season up to this point so I'm curious how much they use Slade this week. I'm comfortable with the Balster/Romenesko rotation.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Anyone else notice that Farina isn't on the two deep? Coaches have been after him for a few weeks now for missed assignments/guessing wrong. It'll be interesting to see how Slade plays. Zo has had a really good season up to this point so I'm curious how much they use Slade this week. I'm comfortable with the Balster/Romenesko rotation.
          That is interesting, my memory could be wrong but I was thinking Farina was gimping after the game. I wonder if he isn't a little dinged up. if not it's surprising if he fell that far out of favor.

Comment

Here are my matchups to watch: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...watch-msu.html

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Doesn't Farina have to sit out the first half this week because of his targeting penalty against UNI? He might not be listed because he can't actually play in the first half. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                Doesn't Farina have to sit out the first half this week because of his targeting penalty against UNI? He might not be listed because he can't actually play in the first half. Just a thought.
                Great call! Totally forgot that. My bad.

Comment

ESPN3 and Chromecast to the big screen and likely tune out the TV announcers and turn up Tyler on the radio. Often that results in hearing the play 10-15 second before seeing it on TV...like constant replays.

Guess/preference:
                  At the half, SDSU 24, MSU 0
                  Final: SDSU 48, MSU 3

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                    I still can't believe they upheld the ejection after reviewing that penalty. Pretty ticky-tac imo... Farina was clearly not aiming for the head and was actually letting up and went for the should pad. As the receiver's head came back, it glanced off of Farina's shoulder pad. I suppose with the way the rule is written they had to uphold the penalty, but it was just a wrong place wrong time deal for Farina. Such a huge momentum swing too. Would have given us the ball back with the whole 4th quarter to go and only down 12 with the momentum really in our favor.

Also... While I was taking a peak at the replay to see the targeting call, I fast forwarded to look at how UNI sustained that drive and it was on multiple 3rd down passing plays where we rushed 4, sat back in a VERY soft zone, and got torched. It's the same thing every time... Our linebackers barely move off the snap, our safeties back up, resulting in a 15 yard buffer zone between our linebackers and safeties, making for an easy throw and catch for a big gain and first down. Not to mention, we let the slot receiver run freely up the field without jamming him at all. Note to SDSU defensive coaches: you can jam receivers at the line and still run a zone defense. It's like our philosophy is "alright guys, they're going to want to get exactly the amount of yards for a first down, so let's set our linebackers up there, making a fence, but we don't want to get beat deep, so let's put 2 safeties really deep. They'll never think to throw it somewhere between our LBs and safeties, will they?" This is a coaching issue. Either figure it out and stop calling the same play, or coach the players better so they understand how to run the play. Either way, it's all on the defensive coaches. Unbelievable how many times this happens over and over again. Can you imagine how good our defense could be if we could fix this one issue?! Frustrating.

Comment

Thinking of heading to the watch party at Shenanigans this week with the family. Wondering if the viewing has been improved last year we went to a watch party and the game was on 1 very small TV. If this is how it is still I will find another option.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        I still can't believe they upheld the ejection after reviewing that penalty. Pretty ticky-tac imo... Farina was clearly not aiming for the head and was actually letting up and went for the should pad. As the receiver's head came back, it glanced off of Farina's shoulder pad. I suppose with the way the rule is written they had to uphold the penalty, but it was just a wrong place wrong time deal for Farina. Such a huge momentum swing too. Would have given us the ball back with the whole 4th quarter to go and only down 12 with the momentum really in our favor.

Also... While I was taking a peak at the replay to see the targeting call, I fast forwarded to look at how UNI sustained that drive and it was on multiple 3rd down passing plays where we rushed 4, sat back in a VERY soft zone, and got torched. It's the same thing every time... Our linebackers barely move off the snap, our safeties back up, resulting in a 15 yard buffer zone between our linebackers and safeties, making for an easy throw and catch for a big gain and first down. Not to mention, we let the slot receiver run freely up the field without jamming him at all. Note to SDSU defensive coaches: you can jam receivers at the line and still run a zone defense. It's like our philosophy is "alright guys, they're going to want to get exactly the amount of yards for a first down, so let's set our linebackers up there, making a fence, but we don't want to get beat deep, so let's put 2 safeties really deep. They'll never think to throw it somewhere between our LBs and safeties, will they?" This is a coaching issue. Either figure it out and stop calling the same play, or coach the players better so they understand how to run the play. Either way, it's all on the defensive coaches. Unbelievable how many times this happens over and over again. Can you imagine how good our defense could be if we could fix this one issue?! Frustrating.
                        All they have to do is look at how the opposing teams coaches find the ways to shred our defense,they already know the weak areas,and they're giving our coaches the answer to our problems every game,but they can't see...that's what's frustrating,number one thing is admit our defense isn't very good under the present schemes,you have to admit there's a problem before you can fix it.It's the "it's the same thing every time" part of your post that bugs me the most.Multiple 3rd down conversions all happening the same way should not happen more than once or twice,certainly not the whole drive.They don't even have to change it up,because we can't see it?
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-20-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          All they have to do is look at how the opposing teams coaches find the ways to shred our defense,they already know the weak areas,and they're giving our coaches the answer to our problems every game,but they can't see...that's what's frustrating,number one thing is admit our defense isn't very good under the present schemes,you have to admit there's a problem before you can fix it.It's the "it's the same thing every time" part of your post that bugs me the most.Multiple 3rd down conversions all happening the same way should not happen more than once or twice,certainly not the whole drive.They don't even have to change it up,because we can't see it?
                          Having it happen a few times one game is one thing, but it happens week in and week out, and there's still no adjustment. It's a very safe and honestly chicken sh*t way of calling a defense. Whoever is making the decision to not get more aggressive and creative with defensive play calling must have been burnt by big plays too many times and doesn't have the cojones to make the necessary adjustments. There are two people that have the authority over defensive play calling. There's one that makes the ultimate decisions. If the defensive coordinator is the one making the ultimate decision, the head coach should fire him. If the head coach is making the ultimate decision, I guess we'll sit on our hands and watch the defense get beat over and over again on 3rd downs until he retires. That will be fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X