X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: Missouri State University Bears

My Preview: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...niveristy.html

GoJacks preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfnzFXSwlg

This is a "get right" game. There is still hope for this season if they offense can find a rhythm. Get Dallas the ball early and connect with a Jake on a deep pass. This offense is a beast when those things happen.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Game Week: Missouri State University Bears

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

This is a "get right" game. There is still hope for this season if they offense can find a rhythm. Get Dallas the ball early and connect with a Jake on a deep pass. This offense is a beast when those things happen.
    Love your optimism but I feel it will probably be more like SIU from last year. We win a game that is much closer then it should be. But any win is going to be a good win at this point. Sometimes its on the road where a team really finds what its made of. lets hope this is the start of things finally clicking and turning this season into something more.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Unfortunately, because of our track record this year, I'm comparing this to the SIU game from 2 weeks ago. If we come out and dominate I'm going to chalk it up to an inferior opponent and not necessarily indicative of us having turned the magical corner. If we don't dominate...well, I think the rest of our season gets pretty bleak from here. The post game narrative for this week is already set in stone for me. Hopefully the team can use some of the recent negative headlines as motivation to become the team we all thought they would be!

I know this is a jaded view, but I just can't get myself to trust this team right now. Going into the season I had the view that if we played poorly we might lose a few close games (and I expected this because the conference is brutal). I'm now hoping we play well so we don't get embarrassed (this week is probably the only exception to that thought).

Having said all of that, rattling off 3 wins in a row will start to bring me around again. It all starts with this week. Let's get it done!

Comment

After listening to coach Stig speak there's at least two things that worry me with Missouri State number one would be the option which we've historically been miserable against number two would be they have a dynamic kick returner and while the game plan is to kick it away from him (and I totally agree with that plan) it seems sometimes that we still end up missing that goal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

In our losses our run d has been atrocious. I still feel we have a legit run defense somewhere. Would be great to see us bury them there.

Comment

I would hope we take out all our frustrations on the hapless Bears and literally destroy them,we need to get our confidence back up. Sorry Bears ,"you are who we thought you were , and your NOT getting off the hook".

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              I would hope we take out all our frustrations on the hapless Bears and literally destroy them,we need to get our confidence back up. Sorry Bears ,"you are who we thought you were , and your NOT getting off the hook".
              This probably happens. The season is going to go one of two ways now. We pull a 2007 and the team regroups and goes on a tear shock a bunch of people (including myself), and go on our deepest playoff run to date as well as getting a top seed along the way. How on earth would we have a top seed do you ask? Well, let’s say this seemingly unlikely scenario plays out then we would have a monster winning streak with three wins vs top 10 teams, two of them on the road, and only two losses. I would bet dollars to doughnuts we get to have a bye and a top 6 seed even. I don’t see this scenario happening but this team has the talent to do it if they get the senior leadership to make it happen.

The second way it goes is we whomp every team we are supposed to but get embarrassed by teams we are supposed to be as good as, leading to a 6-5/7-4 record where we get left home. Why do we get left home? Zero good wins in a year that the Valley could have 5 teams with 7 or more wins. One team will get left out with how other conferences are playing out. That will be us. Wins vs SIU and MSU won’t get us there fellas. This week we probably thrash MSU like a rented mule, but the real test and come to Jesus moments will be later in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Replying to a post a saw about #1 Brown playing over #80 Anderson... Question: why is Brown still getting so much playing time after several MA's, poor blocking, poor route running and dropped balls? Why has there been no position adjustments made here? Anderson has proven himself on the field( caught first two big catches in season opening game) then went ghost on us. One of the best blockers, runs crisp routes gets open but not targeted( when he does make it on the field) How does this happen?? We counted this past game and Brown had at least 5 mistakes, first on the first olay of the game. And continued to play poorly but Anderson still not getting in. Brown dropped two balls but still Anderson not getting in. How can Anderson just be on Special teams now?? He's a playmaker and should be contributing more on offense. Players should not be rewarded for poor performance that's poor coaching. Let's see what adjustments are made for this weeks game or will Brown continue to get chances.

Comment

What's the status of Makiah Slade (safety) and Matt Clark (o-lineman), who had been suspended for the first six games. Do we expect them to start contributing?
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    What's the status of Makiah Slade (safety) and Matt Clark (o-lineman), who had been suspended for the first six games. Do we expect them to start contributing?
                    Coach Stig said in a radio interview that Matt Clark was no longer on the team. Said they had to show him some "tough love."
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Another great summary, and holy cow am I hoping your predicted score is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackfan64 View Post
                        Replying to a post a saw about #1 Brown playing over #80 Anderson... Question: why is Brown still getting so much playing time after several MA's, poor blocking, poor route running and dropped balls? Why has there been no position adjustments made here? Anderson has proven himself on the field( caught first two big catches in season opening game) then went ghost on us. One of the best blockers, runs crisp routes gets open but not targeted( when he does make it on the field) How does this happen?? We counted this past game and Brown had at least 5 mistakes, first on the first olay of the game. And continued to play poorly but Anderson still not getting in. Brown dropped two balls but still Anderson not getting in. How can Anderson just be on Special teams now?? He's a playmaker and should be contributing more on offense. Players should not be rewarded for poor performance that's poor coaching. Let's see what adjustments are made for this weeks game or will Brown continue to get chances.
                        Give it a rest. Historically speaking when new posters come on this board and their first few posts are about playing time of a particular kid, that poster has a personal relationship with the said kid. Strong indication that is the case here. There is a reason he isn't playing over Anderson and that is what you and he should focus on. Rather than worrying about Brown and counting the mistakes he makes each week. If you/he wants to get on the field more, then perform better in the opportunities given to you/him in practice, games, weight room, team meetings, academics, etc. And perform better to the level that there is zero doubt Anderson should be on the field more.

Like someone else said on the other thread that you are barking on - we have bigger problems right now than what 2nd, 3rd and 4th string receivers are playing.

Comment

Thanks for your historical knowledge but No relationship here...just a huge fan noticing things going on that are questionable. Sounds like you may be taking this a little personal. Never met Anderson so just relax. Still doesn't overshadow what's going on with Brown or the offense. We want a win so let's change things up a bit and try new personnel on the field.

Comment

This is a game that the Jacks have to win by a wide margin. Anything less than 2 touchdowns will be a near failure. They are the worst team in the conference. We should beat them 10 out of 10 times with the disparity in perceived talent.

I can't wait for all the folks to come out of the woodwork saying the team is "back" after we beat Misery State.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

is there any TV view options or ESPN3?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X