Playoffs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs?!

Trying to look forward and move on... Looking at the prospects of making the playoffs, which should be the focus at this point, I think we need to go 3-2 in the last 5 games. That would put us at 7-4 and almost a lock for the playoffs. The only way we get in at 6-5 is if we beat both USD and NDSU (not looking likely at this point). Unfortunately, going 3-2 won't be that easy of a task with our remaining schedule. We should beat Missouri St. this weekend, but after that, or "easiest" game is against a struggling ISUr team at home. The game @ WIU could determine our playoff fate. We lose that game and we're likely looking at having to pull off a win down in vermtown for the last game of the year.

Edit: If I could attach a meme or gif to this thread, it would obviously be Jim Mora.

Re: Playoffs?!

With how we are playing through the first 6 games of the year, I honestly feel the most likely outcome is 6-5. Think that MSU and ISUR are both games we have a 75% chance or better to win. WIU is probably 30-40% chance at a win. NDSU and USD are 10% or less chance at winning.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
      With how we are playing through the first 6 games of the year, I honestly feel the most likely outcome is 6-5. Think that MSU and ISUR are both games we have a 75% chance or better to win. WIU is probably 30-40% chance at a win. NDSU and USD are 10% or less chance at winning.
      The problem with 6-5 with our only wins being Drake, Duquesne, Montana State, Southern Illinois, Montana State and ISUr... Where are the quality wins? That doesn't look like a playoff team's resume to me.

Comment

Exactly. The ship has sailed on this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
          Idk if I would go that far. If we take care of business against MSU and ISUr, we just have to win 1 out of 3. After readjusting my expectations for this season, I have some optimism of at least making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Idk if I would go that far. If we take care of business against MSU and ISUr, we just have to win 1 out of 3. After readjusting my expectations for this season, I have some optimism of at least making the playoffs.
            At what point do you think we have to start hoping the 'Yotes win the conference? Would it be if the Jacks lose on 11/4?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              At what point do you think we have to start hoping the 'Yotes win the conference? Would it be if the Jacks lose on 11/4?
              Ummm....never.

Comment

The correct answer is Never. I'd be interested in your explanation as to your hypothesis, Jake, as I like to know what you're thinking, but I'm confident in the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  Ummm....never.
                  ^^^This!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                      Time may prove you right, but I remain hopeful.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Even if we do make the playoffs, MAYBE we get to host a 1st round game with our facilities, then we head to Fargo.. Same story, same crap, different year.
                        On the Yotes, they have 1 player, that is it. When a team finally figures out how to defend him, they lose. He is a great player, and maybe nobody can, but the Bison are a much more rounded team .

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                          Even if we do make the playoffs, MAYBE we get to host a 1st round game with our facilities, then we head to Fargo.. Same story, same crap, different year.
                          On the Yotes, they have 1 player, that is it. When a team finally figures out how to defend him, they lose. He is a great player, and maybe nobody can, but the Bison are a much more rounded team .

Then we will fight in the shade! Fight until we are eliminated!

There is no easy path to a national championship! If we need to beat NDSU in Fargo, that's what we have to do!

We need to be prepared to beat them (and anyone else) who stands between us and a national championship!
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                            The Yotes are much more than a one trick pony. Their a very good team. They have the 3rd best scoring defense in the league, which is pretty good when you consider they have the highest scoring offense so opponents are always playing catch-up. They lead the league in sacks and TFL. They are extremely aggressive on defense, and honestly its fun to watch.

I'm going to go shower now after typing that

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                              The Yotes are much more than a one trick pony. Their a very good team. They have the 3rd best scoring defense in the league, which is pretty good when you consider they have the highest scoring offense so opponents are always playing catch-up. They lead the league in sacks and TFL. They are extremely aggressive on defense, and honestly its fun to watch.

I'm going to go shower now after typing that
                              Contrast that to what we witnessed on Sat. Disgusting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X