Big Ten Basketball Scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten Basketball Scheduling

The OOC will become more difficult for teams that try to schedule Big 10 teams in basketball. The league is expanding the conference schedule by 2 games from 18 games to 20 games. That will stop 28 potential matchups for OOC games from the 14 teams that are members of the Big 10.
    https://www.fanragsports.com/rothste...dule-change-2/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Big Ten Basketball Scheduling

More fallout on the horizon for the mid-majors as more Power 5 consider longer conference seasons.

https://www.fanragsports.com/trickle...gue-schedules/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I just reading the second article. This makes the whole MVC vs Summit league argument more interesting.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
        I just reading the second article. This makes the whole MVC vs Summit league argument more interesting.
        Losing the marquee schools and getting even less of a chance to offset the loss by making a splash in the OOC season. This would definitely take even more shine off of a potential move to the MVC.

I especially hope this does not impact scheduling for our WBB team - where we can actually get P5 teams to Frost.

Comment

I can see the pros for both leagues with this move. Just as there are pros as it stand now.

From what I read - this is just the men's league at the moment. I think the P5 has enough of a grip, or doesn't care so much about the women's league.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
          X