Time for Stig to move on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for Stig to move on?

There were a handful of guys off of the 2009 team that were very very good players, however that team had nowhere near the depth as this team. Guys like Danny Batten, Jimmy Rogers, Derek Domino, Conrad Kerjstad, Casey Bender, Casey Knips, Glen Fox and I'm sure others that I've forgotten as well were all good players that could have been players on this current time.

Also remember that that Montana team had Trumaine Johnson (Rams DB, one of the top in NFL), Chase Reynolds (Rams RB 2013-2016), Jeff Fischers son was a Safety and was the Rams DB coach the last few years. Marc Mariani (WR with the Titans and Bears) was a Pro-Bowl KR in 2011. I'm sure there was probably an OL or DL off that team that played in the league too.

Comment

Montana was a different game. SDSU was only up 20 points at the half. SDSU did get up by 27 at one point (I think) but they were only up 21 points going into the 4th quarter. On the first play of the 4th quarter Montana scored so they were only down 14 points.
      Against New Hamphsire, SDSU was up 35 points in the 4th quarter.
      On the road against the #1 seed that already scored 27 points (or 34 points one play into the 4th) or at home being the higher seed and have a 35 point lead against a team that only scored 7 points to that point in the game?
      I might be off and some of this but it is close.

Comment

If I remember correctly, didn't Montana have about everything go wrong in the first half that could have possibly gone wrong? I remember thinking, we hadn't really earned that lead, we just took advantage of their errors. The 4th quarter still makes sick to think about. That first half was a blast though.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
        X