Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for Stig to move on?

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I was happy we got the #5 seed in the playoff but not satisfied by it. Had we not laid an egg on Hobo Day we wouldn't be travelling this coming weekend. I guess I take the 1-0 mantra into being a fan in that I look at every game in a vacuum when it comes to football.
    I am content. Who knows how it would have played out. I think no matter what they would have put NDSU ahead of us, something about their past history I think factors into the decision. I would have hated for them to be a #2, and us a #3 and we travel up there this weekend. Now if we could have been the #2, and them be the #3.... well then... I would still rather play them in the championship than the semifinal.

Comment

Since this thread is about coaching.
      How about New Hampshire get a roughing the passer penalty and we run an option where the QB keeps the ball on the very next play? Forget the fact that TC was limping before that play and that score was out of hand.
      I'm just glad that TC got out of bounds so he didn't get hit again.

I like how TC played this game. He ran some but didn't get killed (most of the time). His running makes SDSU a much tougher team to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        Since this thread is about coaching.
        How about New Hampshire get a roughing the passer penalty and we run an option where the QB keeps the ball on the very next play? Forget the fact that TC was limping before that play and that score was out of hand.
        I'm just glad that TC got out of bounds so he didn't get hit again.

I like how TC played this game. He ran some but didn't get killed (most of the time). His running makes SDSU a much tougher team to defend.
        There are always one or two head-scratching moments from the coaching staff in-game. I am sure that all the progams have them. But I was very surprised to see the #1 offense out there for as long as they were in the 4th. Did Stig ever comment on why they didn't pull them sooner? I, for one, had a little bit of a rise in my blood pressure when I saw the series you are talking about...it seemed once UNH was out of it they were just trying to get their shots in on us.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

There are always one or two head-scratching moments from the coaching staff in-game. I am sure that all the progams have them. But I was very surprised to see the #1 offense out there for as long as they were in the 4th. Did Stig ever comment on why they didn't pull them sooner? I, for one, had a little bit of a rise in my blood pressure when I saw the series you are talking about...it seemed once UNH was out of it they were just trying to get their shots in on us.
          This is the one thing that really bothered me and most around me. Taryn took some pretty good hits that last series he was out there and don't see that risk/reward for having him on the field at that time of the game. Why not get the 2nd team on the field unless its about stats?

Comment

my guess is the “Coach doesn’t have enough of a killer instinct” faction would assemble and howl if the #1 offense had been pulled earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              my guess is the “Coach doesn’t have enough of a killer instinct” faction would assemble and howl if the #1 offense had been pulled earlier.
              I don't think a single person would have had an issue pulling them for the 4th quarter.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I don't think a single person would have had an issue pulling them for the 4th quarter.
                LOL

You wouldn't think so, but there are countless posts with some version of "we always let our foot off the gas."
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have no issue with the first team offense out there playing. I didn’t like the play calling of read option by the OC. Call power run plays that hand the ball to a RB and keep TC from running. That’s it, he doesn’t get tackled then. No need to call the RPO when you are trying to run clock.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    LOL

You wouldn't think so, but there are countless posts with some version of "we always let our foot off the gas."
                    Montana? I think that's where the don't take your foot of the gas mantra comes from(how many points is safe?). You can still play aggressive defense and not run up the score. The two are not mutually exclusive. (Like the previous post said don't put the offensive players in risky situations if you leave then in)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Montana? I think that's where the don't take your foot of the gas mantra comes from(how many points is safe?). You can still play aggressive defense and not run up the score. The two are not mutually exclusive. (Like the previous post said don't put the offensive players in risky situations if you leave then in)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The difference between the MT playoff game and this team is huge. In '09 we were playing ahead of the count anyhow, if I remember correctly they were the number 1 seed. Our '09 team and this team are night and day difference. There's maybe a handful of guys from that team that would see considerable playing time. We are built now to not collapse like that, far more depth and experience. I would've been fine had TC, Jake, Jacob, Kellen, Jordan and Rozeboom would've not seen the 4th quarter. I think if there's 9-10 min left and a team starts to show life of a comeback we could probably shift gears and get them back in. Right now though our depth is a great strength, something we haven't had ever in this program.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        The difference between the MT playoff game and this team is huge. In '09 we were playing ahead of the count anyhow, if I remember correctly they were the number 1 seed. Our '09 team and this team are night and day difference. There's maybe a handful of guys from that team that would see considerable playing time. We are built now to not collapse like that, far more depth and experience. I would've been fine had TC, Jake, Jacob, Kellen, Jordan and Rozeboom would've not seen the 4th quarter. I think if there's 9-10 min left and a team starts to show life of a comeback we could probably shift gears and get them back in. Right now though our depth is a great strength, something we haven't had ever in this program.
                        I cant give you rep points but I will agree with every thing said. Stig and his staff have been building on 2009 and off hand a blank is drawn about the 2009 roster. Who were some of our guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I cant give you rep points but I will agree with every thing said. Stig and his staff have been building on 2009 and off hand a blank is drawn about the 2009 roster. Who were some of our guys?
                          You can go back and look on the official roster page. Just change the drop down on the top right of the list of players to whatever year you want to view:

http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            You can go back and look on the official roster page. Just change the drop down on the top right of the list of players to whatever year you want to view:

http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=football
                            Thanks How quick I forget Jimmie Rogers, TOB, Kyle Minnett, General Parnell to name a few. It was a good bunch of guys, but might not have been as talented as the current bunch.

Comment

Nevermind, the difference in the amount of coaches, 5 coaches and 2 grad assistants...in less than 10 years we're at 11 coaches and 6 support staff. Incredible growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                Nevermind, the difference in the amount of coaches, 5 coaches and 2 grad assistants...in less than 10 years we're at 11 coaches and 6 support staff. Incredible growth.
                                This has been big and making a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X