Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for Stig to move on?

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    It's what fans do...I know many of the most ardent SDSU supporters that were strongly against the move to DI...then many that were against keeping Nagy...then some that were angry about how the new stadium seats were too far back...and then some that were completely against turf instead of grass.

Fans live in the moment...and I don't think that anyone would argue that, at the time of this post being started, the team was underperforming. Have they improved? Yes, and I think that the OP would probably agree. But, like fans that overreacted to the lackluster performance, many feel the need to keep this thread alive so they can do the "I told you so" or the "I am a better fan because I never questioned a struggling team." Perhaps instead of beating this dead horse, we all should discuss the game.

But then again, what do I know...I gave TOB the benefit of the doubt at QB
    Fair point, the issue I have is that some were denying the intent of the OP (who to his credit, admitted it), not trying to rub anything in, but at least "own" the tenor of the thread and don't ridicule posters regardless of your opinion (and that's not to say you were ridiculing anyone).

Comment

Why delete it? It would Have dies out had, ironically, all the folks not posted to lock/delete it.

Besides, you lock/delete a thread that doesn't have any traffic. Seems to me this thread is getting a lot more traffic now
      It's getting traffic precisely because people want it shut down. Seems like an incredibly dumb thing to be discussing at this moment with all the positives out there (fan attendance excluded). It's not within the realm of possibility and no one has coherently made a case for it in how many years?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        It's getting traffic precisely because people want it shut down. Seems like an incredibly dumb thing to be discussing at this moment with all the positives out there (fan attendance excluded). It's not within the realm of possibility and no one has coherently made a case for it in how many years?
        One of my concerns is that if you see posters as ambassadors/advocates for increased attendance and attention to Jacks, it seems counterproductive to criticize Stig and the team in the manner in which some do. The same goes for the game experience/amenities.

Can both be improved? Heck yes, but there's much to be excited about. For example, rather than focusing on the lackluster pretzels, let's discuss with prospective attendees how enjoyable it is to experience a game with fellow Jack backers.

Comment

For the record I'm still in the football should be played on grass and closer to the action is better camp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            For the record I'm still in the football should be played on grass and closer to the action is better camp.

Same here.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yea, can you imagine the condition of the old field yesterday. Have to take to account safety of athletes!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                One of my concerns is that if you see posters as ambassadors/advocates for increased attendance and attention to Jacks, it seems counterproductive to criticize Stig and the team in the manner in which some do. The same goes for the game experience/amenities.

Can both be improved? Heck yes, but there's much to be excited about. For example, rather than focusing on the lackluster pretzels, let's discuss with prospective attendees how enjoyable it is to experience a game with fellow Jack backers.
                A person can do both. I have expressed by displeasure with the coaching/gameday experience with others on here, but I am also able to explain that it isn't because I think the program is going down the drain. It is the exact opposite. The bar has consistently been raised and with that comes criticism. The biggest threat to this program now is complacency.

I was happy we got the #5 seed in the playoff but not satisfied by it. Had we not laid an egg on Hobo Day we wouldn't be travelling this coming weekend. I guess I take the 1-0 mantra into being a fan in that I look at every game in a vacuum when it comes to football.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Yea, can you imagine the condition of the old field yesterday. Have to take to account safety of athletes!
                  Well, for the folks that only attend the Hobo Day/Beef Bowl/USD/NDSU games, the grass is a great option. For those of us that want to consistently watch playoff football "grass" would be a nightmare. That CAS field was a joke by the end of November.

Comment

Well, for the folks that only attend the Hobo Day/Beef Bowl/USD/NDSU games, the grass is a great option. For those of us that want to consistently watch playoff football "grass" would be a nightmare. That CAS field was a joke by the end of November.

Lambeau Field. We have a turf Mgmt. Program on campus for sake.

It's OK if you don't agree with me, My opinion didn't matter when they destroyed the old field and I having a feeling it still doesn't matter.

Comment

Lambeau Field. We have a turf Mgmt. Program on campus for sake.

It's OK if you don't agree with me, My opinion didn't matter when they destroyed the old field and I having a feeling it still doesn't matter.
                      They also have a heated field.

Edit: I also found this article from 2013. It is pretty interesting. Also, since I got sucked down the Google Rabbit hole...it looks like it takes between 10-11.5 million a year to operate Lambeau Field. Any idea what the cost is to run DJD?

Comment

A person can do both. I have expressed by displeasure with the coaching/gameday experience with others on here, but I am also able to explain that it isn't because I think the program is going down the drain. It is the exact opposite. The bar has consistently been raised and with that comes criticism. The biggest threat to this program now is complacency.

I was happy we got the #5 seed in the playoff but not satisfied by it. Had we not laid an egg on Hobo Day we wouldn't be travelling this coming weekend. I guess I take the 1-0 mantra into being a fan in that I look at every game in a vacuum when it comes to football.
                        If people are indeed doing both, that's great.

Regarding seeding, even a win against UNI would have left the Jacks with one loss, so you're thinking they would have been seeded higher than the Bison?

If they're on JMU's side even one loss would have had them on the road, and one could argue that going undefeated still would have left them seeded lower than the defending champion, thereby destining them for a road game.

Comment

They also have a heated field.

Edit: I also found this article from 2013. It is pretty interesting. Also, since I got sucked down the Google Rabbit hole...it looks like it takes between 10-11.5 million a year to operate Lambeau Field. Any idea what the cost is to run DJD?
                          less then that.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            If people are indeed doing both, that's great.

Regarding seeding, even a win against UNI would have left the Jacks with one loss, so you're thinking they would have been seeded higher than the Bison?

If they're on JMU's side even one loss would have had them on the road, and one could argue that going undefeated still would have left them seeded lower than the defending champion, thereby destining them for a road game.
                            Yes...a one loss SDSU would have been seeded higher than a one loss NDSU in my opinion. We beat them head to head.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

less then that.
                              Especially since they have turf rather than grass I suppose

Comment

Grass or no grass, the next coach who replaces Stig will inherit a very good program. Going to miss two the three amigos next year, but yesterday the Young guys stepped up. It’s night and day with today’s program compared to 40 to 60 years ago. That’s my take of 60 years of being a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X