Time for Stig to move on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for Stig to move on?

We averaged 37 points a game this season, our defense has improved significantly with new faces and youth in the front seven, what more do you want?

5th Seed and 5 straight wins, I think our staff has done a fantastic job this season.
    Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    I think Stig is a great coach and great man, I just am not a fan of our schemes. Maybe they have more to do with the coordinators. We run way to many cute/ trick offenseive plays. And I wil never be a fan of the bend don’t break defensive Philosophy. Maybe Stig just needs to rain in his coordinators.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_IL View Post
      We averaged 37 points a game this season, our defense has improved significantly with new faces and youth in the front seven, what more do you want?

5th Seed and 5 straight wins, I think our staff has done a fantastic job this season.
      I would say that the staff has done an excellent job finishing the season.

I won't say fantastic just because of the way they came out after the bye and played against YSU or the egg that was layed against UNI. For the team to take the next step they cannot lose those let down games. I think that the Ill St game ended up being a positive since we struggles but still somehow won.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Some on here may think I am related to Coach Stig but I am not. Stig as his surname implies is of a very sturdy German-American heritage and of course I am Norwegian-American. His wife is of the same ethnic heritage but that does not count. In fact the first year he was head coach, we lost a game to Mankato in which we lead during the first half and into the third quarter, but then Mankato figured out our defense and ran the ball up and down the field and got the lead and went on to win. I fired off a nasty letter to Stig and asked him where the defense was playing in that game. I asked him if the defense went south to SF along with Coach Daly.

I got a return note which told me that he wanted to play by the rules and whether his program would be better than Coach Daly's remained to be seen. He was very graceful in defending himself and his program. I also had a long conversation with then AD Oien, who reassured me that I had an opinion that I rightfully expressed, though he did not agree with what I had said. In fact he told me that he knew of no one who could turn this program around then John Stiegelmeier. It turns out after several playoff appearences and a conference championship, the program has turnaround IMO, and we only have good things to look forward too.

Comment

Can we delete or lock this thread now?
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            I reread the first 10 pages. There was a lot of dumb spewed out. I’d suggest lock and delete and act like it didn’t happen. Haha
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

The internet: empowering armchair athletic directors since Al Gore invented it!

It's worth looking back at the beginning of this thread for some perspective to help with the next forum meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

It's worth looking back at the beginning of this thread for some perspective to help with the next forum meltdown.
                I agree. Fan forums can be counted on to meltdown every so often...any loss creates the background for one fan to get it rolling.

This thread was started with the question “Is it time for Stig to move on?” For the seventh time since Hobo Day, that question has been answered with a resounding NO.

Comment

Time to delete this thread and change it to pray he doesn’t leave.
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    I agree. Fan forums can be counted on to meltdown every so often...any loss creates the background for one fan to get it rolling.

This thread was started with the question “Is it time for Stig to move on?” For the seventh time since Hobo Day, that question has been answered with a resounding NO.
                    "No" for some, but I suspect the "yes" train will leave the station if/when he uses/fails to use a time out, pulls/does not pull a redshirt, and/or coaches sans socks (thereby exhibiting poor hygiene for the podiatrically-inclined Jacks fans) when supporting Samaritan's Feet.

Comment

It’s definitely nice to meet expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        Why help keep it alive?
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          It’s definitely nice to meet expectations.
                          And October is a great time to have the discussion?? Hahahahahahaha Seriously, I am expecting Sell to bring you in for a consult prior to the end of season review for Stig.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                            Time to delete this thread and change it to pray he doesn’t leave.
                            Why delete it? It would Have dies out had, ironically, all the folks not posted to lock/delete it.

Besides, you lock/delete a thread that doesn't have any traffic. Seems to me this thread is getting a lot more traffic now

Comment

I said my piece more than once. What ever happens this Saturday will generate life to this thread, like can Stig win the big ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I said my piece more than once. What ever happens this Saturday will generate life to this thread, like can Stig win the big ones?
                                It's what fans do...I know many of the most ardent SDSU supporters that were strongly against the move to DI...then many that were against keeping Nagy...then some that were angry about how the new stadium seats were too far back...and then some that were completely against turf instead of grass.

Fans live in the moment...and I don't think that anyone would argue that, at the time of this post being started, the team was underperforming. Have they improved? Yes, and I think that the OP would probably agree. But, like fans that overreacted to the lackluster performance, many feel the need to keep this thread alive so they can do the "I told you so" or the "I am a better fan because I never questioned a struggling team." Perhaps instead of beating this dead horse, we all should discuss the game.

But then again, what do I know...I gave TOB the benefit of the doubt at QB

Comment

Working...
                                X