X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for Stig to move on?

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Thanks god. All is right in the world!
    It's the difference between winning and losing. Brace for next week. Unfavorable results could be in the cards.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-22-2017, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      It's the difference between winning and losing. Panthers, Bison, and 'Yotes, brace for next week. Unfavorable results better be in the cards.
      FIFY. Either UNI or NDSU loses next week. How awesome is that? Think Jacks win by at least 9.

GBGBGJ!!

Comment

Does anyone care to comment on USD and YSU losing games they shouldn't have last weekend? Time for their coaches to move on?
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Does anyone care to comment on USD and YSU losing games they shouldn't have last weekend? Time for their coaches to move on?
          Especially Pelini as he's lost 3 in a row. He for sure has lost all the ability he used to take his team to the national championship game last year. Get rid of him. Grass is always greener on the other side...for sure.

Comment

Sure. There's never a game USD shouldn't lose!
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Especially Pelini as he's lost 3 in a row. He for sure has lost all the ability he used to take his team to the national championship game last year. Get rid of him. Grass is always greener on the other side...for sure.
              It'll definitely be time for Bo to move on once his $128,000 monthly payments from Nebraska expire in February 2019. I don't think he could possibly live on just the $17,800 a month he is paid by YSU.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

If you want to over simplify it and turn a blind eye to all of the legitimate concerns brought up, be my guest. Have fun with your blinders. I'll be over here looking beyond the wins and losses and having discussions about what can be done to improve SDSU football. Try not to get so offended when I and others do so.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  If you want to over simplify it and turn a blind eye to all of the legitimate concerns brought up, be my guest. Have fun with your blinders. I'll be over here looking beyond the wins and losses and having discussions about what can be done to improve SDSU football. Try not to get so offended when I and others do so.
                  I'm not offended.

ALL football teams lose games they shouldn't (even NDSU!).

The leap from legitimate concerns to wanting a new head coach is like saying I have a headache today so it is time to start thinking about a lobotomy.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm not offended.

The leap from legitimate concerns to wanting a new head coach is like saying I have a headache today so it is time to start thinking about a lobotomy.
                    Ooooor, it's like saying hey, I get these headaches all the time and nothing seems to be changing. Maybe I should try something to fix the headaches beyond aspirin?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Our administration needs to pick up the operating budget of our program before we think about booting stig Stig- Yes we have fantastic facilities but I believe we still have one of the lowest football operating budgets in the conference. Stig and his staff have consistently won year in and year out despite working with a low budget..... It's like having a corvette but not having the money to fill it with gas. Cost of Attendance will bite us when those first few classes at other schools become upperclassmen, no training table, low budgets for recruiting etc.

Comment

I'm not offended.

Haha! I have a feeling there are many qualified lobotomists on this board too.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm not offended.

the ouster of Bo at Neb is apples and oranges, but neb people were ready to move on and he was a 9 win coach at best there. Now Riley is on the hot seat and has not had the on field success that Bo had. They might be paying 2 head coaches to not coach there anymore if riley is fired soon. If we get a new coach how many years is he going to get to try to get a national championship? if we only make the playoffs most years contend to win the conference how long will fans stay happy with a new coach if he cant take us to the promised land. What if by chance the program takes a step back with a new coach and new schemes and the team struggles for a few years or we miss the playoffs for a couple years. If a tenured coach in Stig is on the hot seat because he can only make the playoffs most years and maybe win a game or have a bye on occasion, hate to see a new coach come in and either only match or fall short of those accomplishments. Sadly I think its NDSU derangement syndrome. We see what NDSU has done and we say why not us, yet we haven't build the program the way they did yet we cant accept we don't get the same results they have. I think most NDSU fans think Stig is a good coach and not because they beat him most of the time. they beat pretty much every coach all the time no matter who they face.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_IL View Post
                            Our administration needs to pick up the operating budget of our program before we think about booting stig Stig- Yes we have fantastic facilities but I believe we still have one of the lowest football operating budgets in the conference. Stig and his staff have consistently won year in and year out despite working with a low budget..... It's like having a corvette but not having the money to fill it with gas. Cost of Attendance will bite us when those first few classes at other schools become upperclassmen, no training table, low budgets for recruiting etc.
                            This is spot on, and my biggest concern moving forward. If we don't match FCOA with our conference partners, be prepared to watch them from behind in a few years. The only change I would make to your comment is that this isn't the administrations fault. Every single one of us needs to look in the mirror when it comes to the money aspect. If we want to be better than NDSU or USD...we better be willing to support/donate at their level.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              the ouster of Bo at Neb is apples and oranges, but neb people were ready to move on and he was a 9 win coach at best there. Now Riley is on the hot seat and has not had the on field success that Bo had. They might be paying 2 head coaches to not coach there anymore if riley is fired soon. If we get a new coach how many years is he going to get to try to get a national championship? if we only make the playoffs most years contend to win the conference how long will fans stay happy with a new coach if he cant take us to the promised land. What if by chance the program takes a step back with a new coach and new schemes and the team struggles for a few years or we miss the playoffs for a couple years. If a tenured coach in Stig is on the hot seat because he can only make the playoffs most years and maybe win a game or have a bye on occasion, hate to see a new coach come in and either only match or fall short of those accomplishments. Sadly I think its NDSU derangement syndrome. We see what NDSU has done and we say why not us, yet we haven't build the program the way they did yet we cant accept we don't get the same results they have. I think most NDSU fans think Stig is a good coach and not because they beat him most of the time. they beat pretty much every coach all the time no matter who they face.
                              Pretty much spot on. Stig is a good coach. He needs SDSU to open up the checkbook.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Pretty much spot on. Stig is a good coach. He needs SDSU to open up the checkbook.
                                I think we have some of the best assistant coaches in the business. but its hard to keep them or bring in better coaches if the pay isn't there. I don't think a new head coach fixes the issues we need to pay assistants better. I would say we currently have some of the better assistants we have had since we have been D-1. the issue people have seems to be with the O and D coordinators.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X