Time for Stig to move on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for Stig to move on?

I am with Jack#1 and JackJD, and am hoping this thread peters out. I was really bad mouthing AD Sell in the middle of last week when I found out I was not eligible for priority parking. I have known for years that the AD has an advisory council made up of former athletes and fans like you and me. No doubt these changes made in 2015 regarding pledges to the Jackrabbit Club and to other athletic funds such as scholarship endowments were run by the council and they most likely gave their approval, so it was not an individual decision by AD Sell as I had thought. Often decisions made at SDSU are by committees and councils. No one has the final word without input. Those who feel so strongly in the negative about Coach Stig need to tap out an email to the AD. I am sure he reads them. I myself think we got a moral rock for a coach, something that every institution in the MVFC would love to have. Following the rules is worth something in this day and age.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-16-2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Agree with Jacks#1Fan.

I hope this thread peters out. We have some serious football ahead of this team and I have to believe the players and coaches know a whole lot more than anyone on this message board what has to be done to put the team's best effort on the field.
      Why even have a fan forum then if we shouldn't talk about these issues? Of course the team knows more than we do about what needs to be done. Nothing wrong with us as fans saying what we feel should be done though

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        Why even have a fan forum then if we shouldn't talk about these issues? Of course the team knows more than we do about what needs to be done. Nothing wrong with us as fans saying what we feel should be done though
        I would hope the coaching staff knows more about the MVFC and football in general, then the average fan who comes here and posts. I know less than many of you, but I do trust the staff for getting things done. I can speak only for myself and do not have problem with this thread. I am willing to bet there are as many of us who want to keep Stig as there are who want him to hang it up. No one said you could not start this thread. Its life depends on those who are on your bandwagon and are brave enough to post publically. Unless someone come after me in a very direct manner, I will only read this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
          Has anyone stopped you from expressing an opinion? Or, are you suggesting only critical comments should be allowed in this forum?

Comment

Has anyone stopped you from expressing an opinion? Or, are you suggesting only critical comments should be allowed in this forum?
            I didn't take away from westernjack's comment that only critical comments should be allowed. I took it as comment about the reaction from people on this board anytime there is a critical comment made about a player or coach in any sport.

Comment

I wonder if Taryn is injured. I only watched a little bit...so I'm mostly going off comments I've read and it sounds like he has been just a little off for the last number of games. Easton hurt his back last year against Iowa and his passing was fairly poor the rest of the year. Might not have had anything to do with the passing, but then again maybe it did. Just thinking there has to be a reason the passing game hasn't continued in last year's footsteps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                I didn't take away from westernjack's comment that only critical comments should be allowed. I took it as comment about the reaction from people on this board anytime there is a critical comment made about a player or coach in any sport.
                I think there’s a leaning on many fan forums to be critical of posts that are supportive of a coach who just had a bad loss. (In our case, two bad losses. ��.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  I wonder if Taryn is injured. I only watched a little bit...so I'm mostly going off comments I've read and it sounds like he has been just a little off for the last number of games. Easton hurt his back last year against Iowa and his passing was fairly poor the rest of the year. Might not have had anything to do with the passing, but then again maybe it did. Just thinking there has to be a reason the passing game hasn't continued in last year's footsteps.
                  Fair question.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                    No, on one has stopped me from saying anything. Just don't understand why some want this thread to "peter out". We are obviously underachieving this year, so whats wrong with is as fans having these discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      Taryn does look off this year. Seems very hesitant on his runs, and his passing has obviously been down this year from last. I recall one play in specific in the 3rd quarter I believe where he ran for a 5 yard gain and slid when the defenders were wtill 5+ yards from him and I thought to myself, no way Taryn slides that early in previous years. Also, someone mentioned he seems to be aiming his throws instead of just letting them rip. Just seems like he is playing more to not make a mistake instead of just trusting his abilities and making plays like we have all seen in the past

Comment

I, too, think Justin Sell has been an excellent AD. I think he's qualified to make the call on when it's time for a coach to move on. I suspect this discussion on a fan message board will have no influence on such a decision.
                        Good lord I hope it wouldn't play into his decision. The purpose of this thread is to gauge the thoughts of people on here on whether they think if it is time for a change. I have full faith in our AD to make that decision.

Comment

The head coach is responsible for winning football games period. The final decision is his to make on Football, not assistant coaches. I don’t see enough of that here based on observations and comments from Stig. You cannot live in the past as football teams pass by you in talent, play and success. Fans will come when you win a championship so stop pleading for attendance. Football is his job not participating in all other events or causes. It’s a nice gesture but ultimately it’s not your job. Let’s get this team focused and ready to play football period.

Comment

I "controlled-f" the word contract on every page, and did not get any hits, so forgive me if this has been posted.

I assume Stig got a multi-year contract when the Regents finally fixed that embarrassing issue. So, what is Stig's contract situation? And does SDSU have a sugar daddy willing to write that check?

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                              I "controlled-f" the word contract on every page, and did not get any hits, so forgive me if this has been posted.

I assume Stig got a multi-year contract when the Regents finally fixed that embarrassing issue. So, what is Stig's contract situation? And does SDSU have a sugar daddy willing to write that check?
                              Believe he is on a three-year deal. The last thing I could find is that the contracts were submitted for approval. Looks like he makes $240,000 a year.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ches/86140382/

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                Believe he is on a three-year deal. The last thing I could find is that the contracts were submitted for approval. Looks like he makes $240,000 a year.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ches/86140382/
                                There is typically a buyout that goes down each year completed. In ND, all this stuff is public; must not be the policy here?

Edit, and if you are correct, and it was a 3 year deal, this could be end of a second year perhaps making it feasible to buy him out. But, typically a coach after a great year like last year, leverages that into an extension and a raise. Bohl was a master at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X