Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for Stig to move on?

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    I have to thank you for finally putting this in context, although it would've been great if this would have been done much earlier when the intent you detailed above was being incorrectly described by others.
    Probably could have, but part of this is to see how these conversations evolve (or devolve in some cases).

Comment

I posed the question after UNI, now I will have to say, it is not time for Stig to go. The team rallied, they played like they can and won the games they should have. I could say that if we wouldn't have lost to Youngstown or UNI we would be a top 4, maybe top 2, but we are a 5 seed and that is good. The team could have folded after the 2 losses, but they came together. The most impressive is the improvement to the defense. Great job by the staff. Now it is time to win the whole damn thing.

Comment

SDSU on the verge of their first 10+ win season ever...during a season that some questioned if Stig should be relocated. Interesting how things get put into perspective. Many/most were calling for Bohl to be removed prior to our run. Crazy how things play out.

Comment

At this point, barring any scandals or health concerns, Stig should be in the driver's seat until he's ready to leave the wheel. We're continuously competing with schools that have larger budgets and are successful in a town of 22,000. Talk about love of a program! For any discussion about removing successful head coaches, as others have pointed out, we only need to look at what Nebraska is going through at a larger level. I'd rather continue to have winning seasons and make the playoffs than face uncertainty with a new head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by JacKsBack View Post
            At this point, barring any scandals or health concerns, Stig should be in the driver's seat until he's ready to leave the wheel. We're continuously competing with schools that have larger budgets and are successful in a town of 22,000. Talk about love of a program! For any discussion about removing successful head coaches, as others have pointed out, we only need to look at what Nebraska is going through at a larger level. I'd rather continue to have winning seasons and make the playoffs than face uncertainty with a new head coach.
            Stig has done amazing things with the program. My hope is that he recognizes when drive or passion isn't there any longer. I also wonder if he will be able to "groom" his replacement much like happened in Villanova.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              SDSU on the verge of their first 10+ win season ever...during a season that some questioned if Stig should be relocated. Interesting how things get put into perspective. Many/most were calling for Bohl to be removed prior to our run. Crazy how things play out.
              This ^^^^^^

Originally posted by JacksBack View Post
              and this ^^^^^^

I'd bet that the more success a program has, the more people will question whether they have the right coach.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Stig has done amazing things with the program. My hope is that he recognizes when drive or passion isn't there any longer. I also wonder if he will be able to "groom" his replacement much like happened in Villanova.
                Great man no doubt. I just wanna see us be able to play bump and Run. ( I learned a lot about our defense this weekend at tailgating, Not sure it doesn't make me like it less.) But hey Hard to argue with results. Perspective is everything and at the time this thread was started I feel the team was under-performing. Likely they got back to where they should have been all along due to coaching.

EDIT: Also, can we bury the swing pass (at least for the season) Or maybe se why USD's version was more effective and try that. I mean I really don't like that play the way we execute it.
                Last edited by slosho; 11-20-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Rabbit64 brought up Dennis Creehan.
                  I had not thought of him in a while. Another USED hiring mistake. After the conduct of their team Saturday, could Nielson be next wrong hire?
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 11-20-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

The "prior to our run" portion of your post likely needs to get clarified.

It belongs in the other thread, but now that the playoff map is set I think it's fair to set some expectations. You can bet this thread will be re-kindled if we would get drubbed again by UNI in our first game.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

It belongs in the other thread, but now that the playoff map is set I think it's fair to set some expectations. You can bet this thread will be re-kindled if we would get drubbed again by UNI in our first game.
                      Are you taking exception to this post being in this thread? For clarification, many wanted Bohl gone prior to 2010...and still many wanted him gone in 2010 until we made the playoffs. Then we went on the championship run and past issues were forgiven.

So, not sure why it belongs in a different thread. This was the thread where your fan base discussed moving on from Stig...and I had a similar experience with the Bison. It wasn't smack...just discussing the topic of the thread. Not quite sure what issue you had with it.

Comment

Are you taking exception to this post being in this thread? For clarification, many wanted Bohl gone prior to 2010...and still many wanted him gone in 2010 until we made the playoffs. Then we went on the championship run and past issues were forgiven.

So, not sure why it belongs in a different thread. This was the thread where your fan base discussed moving on from Stig...and I had a similar experience with the Bison. It wasn't smack...just discussing the topic of the thread. Not quite sure what issue you had with it.
                        No, no issue with your post. I meant that the discussion of our playoff expectations belongs in a different thread rather than the "Stig" thread.

Comment

No, no issue with your post. I meant that the discussion of our playoff expectations belongs in a different thread rather than the "Stig" thread.
                          Gotcha...thanks.

Comment

Of course it will be. There were likely posters getting ready to hit submit when we trailed USD by 3 or were running out the clock for our xth straight win against the pups.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The team was still not ready for YSU and hobo day UNI. Let’s see how they prepare and get ready with the bye week. It’s seems past history shows the Jacks not playing well after bye weeks. One and done now so be prepared!

Comment

I think Stig is a great coach and great man, I just am not a fan of our schemes. Maybe they have more to do with the coordinators. We run way to many cute/ trick offenseive plays. And I wil never be a fan of the bend don’t break defensive Philosophy. Maybe Stig just needs to rain in his coordinators.
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X