Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: UNI Purple Kitties on Hobo Day

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Do you think Lewis was coached to field that punt with a defender that close and that Johnson was coached to return a kick from the end zone and fumble that?

Ahh, maybe they were to inject that missing "intensity" and "aggressiveness," eh?
    And when you sandwich those two special team mistakes around that terrible throw by Christion on the out route that got jumped for the near pick-six, it definitely wasn't a good way to start a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I got there early and the bum stew in Club 71 tasted like something like bum stew. This was not my ideal game by any means. A real nightmare.
      Being a defending co-champs , we have had a target on our backs and the opponents had all off season to study our game tapes and prepare.
      And it’s the coaches job to learn and make adjustments on how to defend these offenses.
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        Turnovers, missed passes, and missed kicks set quite a foundation for whatever blueprint they already had.
        Let’s see, in our two losses, against the only teams we’ve played that are good (and UNI isn’t even that good), we are averaging a TOP of like 17 minutes because our defense can’t get off the field, letting the opponent have methodical, clock eating drives. Teams are following the NDSU blueprint against us. Not sure how you can’t see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          Let’s see, in our two losses, against the only teams we’ve played that are good (and UNI isn’t even that good), we are averaging a TOP of like 17 minutes because our defense can’t get off the field, letting the opponent have methodical, clock eating drives. Teams are following the NDSU blueprint against us. Not sure how you can’t see that.

I was critical of the defense against YSU but I feel this game was on TC. He needs to be much better than he was today and really all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
            I was critical of the defense against YSU but I feel this game was on TC. He needs to be much better than he was today and really all year.
            TC was terrible today, even worse than he has been all year. But UNI had the ball for 40 minutes, some of that is on the offense not sustaining drives and some of that is on the defense not getting off the field on third downs. UNI was averaging 73 yards rushing a game coming into this. They had 218 today. Weymiller himself had more rushing yards today than UNI has had in a game all year.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

For the record, I didn't say what you said was completely wrong, and I don't see how you can't see past your own bias and admit that the miscues had considerable impact irrespective of any "blueprint."

What's one way an opponent racks up TOP? Turnovers that give their offense the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                And it’s the coaches job to learn and make adjustments on how to defend these offenses.
                We don't seem to be to doing that. I think this could be a long season or maybe we are very overrated.

Comment

Is it just me or do the Jacks give up a relatively easy score a high percentage of the time following a Jacks score?

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                    Is it just me or do the Jacks give up a relatively easy score a high percentage of the time following a Jacks score?
                    And can't answer a score with our own score,most times? Hobo day , ya we played like bums today, pun intended.Long bummed out week lies ahead.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-14-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Let's burn those ugly black uniforms and the PlayBook with it. Our offense is really really bad and our defense can't tackle. There was no effort or hustle. We looked flat. Tc can't hit anything remotely close to a deep throw. Our o-line was bad and our d-line can't get get any pressure.
                      Not sure why the hell anyone gives a rats ass about the jerseys for after watching what supposedly was football today. I don’t give a flying fornication if they come out in pink tu-tus and polka dotted helmets, what I sat through today was embarrassing. My goodness.

I don’t care what anyone thinks about who screwed up what, we just got absolutely WORKED by a Mark Farley coached team. A Mark Farley who is pretty much a lame duck in everything but in name, who UNI fans want run out on a rail, whose team has become the vision of what horrible things can happen to proud programs and a warning to schools for what can happen if a coach becomes bigger than the program itself. This “leave it to the seniors” crap on Hobo Day for keeping everyone focused OBVIOUSLY IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE. The base defense and forcing ourselves to not rely too much on our playmakers IS OBVIOUSLY NOT WORKING ANYMORE. The captains on this team READING THEIR OWN DAMN ORESS CLIPPINGS ABOUT HOW GODDAMN AWESOME THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY ISNT WORKING. The last one worried the living hell out of me this preseason. You know what you never hear in hell (Fargo)? The players talking about reading articles about HOW GREAT THEY ARE. Shocker, we are full of ourselves and just got our balls kicked in by a garbage team (that’s the truth). Half the stadium will be bison fans, and that’s what this team deserves. Because somehow getting their asses kicked up one side of the field and down the other didn’t wake them up for more than a minute. They need to lock up the SJAC and practice outside all year and work these boys like they need to earn it, cause right now we are softer than ten ply toilet paper. My goodness. I’m an AGS voter and we won’t be appearing on my ballot. There’s zero reason this team should be ranked outside of preseason expectations. No good wins, and embarrassment of a loss to a good team plus an embarrassing beatdown to a bad team. We will be lucky to make the playoffs and even luckier to win a game there. This season is yet another golden opportunity to have our fanbase’s size explode only to piss it down our legs, much like the last home Marker Game. Just frustrating to be on the cusp of something great only to feel ourselves too much before it actually happens and seeing it slip away.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Not sure why the hell anyone gives a rats ass about the jerseys for after watching what supposedly was football today. I don’t give a flying fornication if they come out in pink tu-tus and polka dotted helmets, what I sat through today was embarrassing. My goodness.

I don’t care what anyone thinks about who screwed up what, we just got absolutely WORKED by a Mark Farley coached team. A Mark Farley who is pretty much a lame duck in everything but in name, who UNI fans want run out on a rail, whose team has become the vision of what horrible things can happen to proud programs and a warning to schools for what can happen if a coach becomes bigger than the program itself. This “leave it to the seniors” crap on Hobo Day for keeping everyone focused OBVIOUSLY IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE. The base defense and forcing ourselves to not rely too much on our playmakers IS OBVIOUSLY NOT WORKING ANYMORE. The captains on this team READING THEIR OWN DAMN ORESS CLIPPINGS ABOUT HOW GODDAMN AWESOME THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY ISNT WORKING. The last one worried the living hell out of me this preseason. You know what you never hear in hell (Fargo)? The players talking about reading articles about HOW GREAT THEY ARE. Shocker, we are full of ourselves and just got our balls kicked in by a garbage team (that’s the truth). Half the stadium will be bison fans, and that’s what this team deserves. Because somehow getting their asses kicked up one side of the field and down the other didn’t wake them up for more than a minute. They need to lock up the SJAC and practice outside all year and work these boys like they need to earn it, cause right now we are softer than ten ply toilet paper. My goodness. I’m an AGS voter and we won’t be appearing on my ballot. There’s zero reason this team should be ranked outside of preseason expectations. No good wins, and embarrassment of a loss to a good team plus an embarrassing beatdown to a bad team. We will be lucky to make the playoffs and even luckier to win a game there. This season is yet another golden opportunity to have our fanbase’s size explode only to piss it down our legs, much like the last home Marker Game. Just frustrating to be on the cusp of something great only to feel ourselves too much before it actually happens and seeing it slip away.

This. All This.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Weymiller had 0 carries this season coming into this week.

He has 33 carries for 146 yards today.
                          This is the type of adjustment that we don't make. Stig said in the preview that they will need the throw the ball all over the field to be successful. Farley saw how YSU dominated us and created a game plan to do the same. That's what good coaches do. We just aren't used to seeing that here at state because that's not Jackrabbit football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                            With 8 min to go in the 3rd it was 24-6 and the jacks had a 3 and 8 from their 42. TC threw a terrible pass the ended up between Wieneke and Lewis and should have been picked up. When they got to the sideline Dallas went straight to TC and you could tell he wasn't happy and said he was open on the play that would've given the Jacks a 1st. (Just watched it again it its tough to tell but does look like a good throw to Dallas would've given the Jacks a first or more.) TC wasn't having it and walked away. Once TC was off the phone Dallas came back and had more words with him, again TC appeared to not say anything and walk away from him. Jacks got the ball back with 1:28 left in the 3rd and two straight throws to Dallas and the Jacks scored.

Idk what was actually said between the two or if it had anything to do with the next two play calls or TC throwing to Dallas but I thought it was kind of interesting to see that exchange and then the next 2 plays go right to him. But it is pretty easy to see there is frustration on the sideline by this team both offensively and defensively but they put themselves in a bad spot with the games they have left.

Comment

Geodart is obviously someone you got to satisfy. Throw some screen passes to him in the flats early. Force a connection if you have to.

Comment

Interview with Craig and John:

Q: What happened?
                                A: I don't think we responded to adversity. (rehashes the plays that went wrong). I think the field position, our defense played pretty well. Biggest mystry to me is special teams. We have been near perfect. Human beings and stunk up the joint.

Q: How did coaches do on adjustments?
                                A; Defense took the field with confidence. Didn't feel outcoaches. Offensed pressed and TC pressed hard after INT. O-Line didn't come to play. Best week of practice didn't translate to the field.

Q: Was UNI doing anything different that confused him?
                                A: Yes, the had been a 4 man front with a little odd. They played 87% odd front. Most of our checks and preperation was put on hold. Had to rework on sidelines. You just don't snap your fingers make it happen. Interception rattled him and getting hit rattled him.

Q: Biggest change out of halftime.
                                A: Wildcat defense was a little bit better. Offensively we put in odd front plays and decided to throw the ball more. Advantage defense and it becomes tougher to throw the ball.

Q: Expectations were high. Overall, assessments say TC isn't where he was last year. What is wrong with TC?
                                A: There isn't one thing that defines an outcome. We put a lot of stuff on his play. All week, he is looking for on the field with film. Checks and all time invested was wasted by UNI changing defense. Not asking him to run as much because of depth and experience. Goedert and Wieneke have been hurt and that has hurt. Taryn would agree he hasn't been as good.

Q: Dallas and Jake being hurt.
                                A: Jake has a joint injury and can't get to full speed. If you're not healthy you can't run as fast.

Q: Missouri State.
                                A: They are an MVFC team and are a good team. Funky stuff on offense, lots of unbalanced and motions. Fast QB, good receiver, good backs. Defensively they are a 4 man front, cover 4, base coverage. Bend but don't break mentality. Best Kick returner in America.

Q: Big picture, national contender at beginning of season. How do you feel now?
                                A: I don't know any other way to do it. Your goal is to win a national championship. There's no other way to say it. Thats our goal. Focus is on going 1-0. After YSU we haven't said anything about national championship. My concern and goal is for our team to take the field with confidence that good things we happen and we play up to our potential.

Q: Have you played up to your potential?
                                A: I thought we did against SIU. Did against Montana State in the run game. We surely didn't against UNI or YSU. I don't mind getting beat if he is just better than you. I do mind if you are in the wrong gap or have your assignment wrong.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X