Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Jerseys

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Even professional jerseys look cheap these days. They are very focused on making them super lightweight and stretchy/flexible.
    It's proven that stretchy fabrics improve athletes performance.

Comment

Maybe the money they saved by using Microsoft Word to design the uniforms is being put towards Frost's renovation.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        It's proven that stretchy fabrics improve athletes performance.

I have to admit, I probably like that movie more then most people should.

Sister Encarnación: Where are your robes, Ignacio?

Nacho: They were... stinky. These are my recreational clothes.

Sister Encarnación: They look expensive.

Nacho: Thank you. I mean... they might have the appearance of riches, but beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man we find... his... nucleus
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

For what it is worth, I've been told UA didn't design these uniforms and that the schools have full-control over how they are designed. Also, the blue isn't as bad in person as it looks in the photos. I personally haven't seen them in person but from what I've seen here, they aren't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            For what it is worth, I've been told UA didn't design these uniforms and that the schools have full-control over how they are designed. Also, the blue isn't as bad in person as it looks in the photos. I personally haven't seen them in person but from what I've seen here, they aren't very good.
            The white ones didn't look so bad last night (I believe they also have black jerseys.) Seeing them in person, I get the "lighter uniform" argument; they look thin and light. Probably more breathable and easier to move around in. If they win in them, I don't care.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
              The white ones didn't look so bad last night (I believe they also have black jerseys.) Seeing them in person, I get the "lighter uniform" argument; they look thin and light. Probably more breathable and easier to move around in. If they win in them, I don't care.
              I can be a part of this camp as well. Winning takes care of everything.

Comment

I thought they looked fine. Much ado about nothing.

Comment

It's like changing to a new license plate design. Every time it happens a whole bunch of people freak out about how "terrible" they are (especially now with social media). A month later no one even notices them.

Comment

I'm just glad they no longer state STATE on the chest. You have one of the most distinctive mascots in college sports. STATE could be anybody.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      I'm just glad they no longer state STATE on the chest. You have one of the most distinctive mascots in college sports. STATE could be anybody.
                      Guess I disagree. I prefer STATE on the uniforms. Looks sharp to me. I see how using mascot or Jack's has its advantages too.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Guess I disagree. I prefer STATE on the uniforms. Looks sharp to me. I see how using mascot or Jack's has its advantages too.
                        I liked the STATE jerseys, but these jerseys seem to match the more current trends. They certainly look better in person than they did in online promotional stuff. I think STATE could be used if they ever decide to do a throwback jersey (which I really hope they do at some point.)
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

On the bright side,STATE on the uniform might hinder them calling us "South Dakota". It would seem really,really dumb if they kept calling us South Dakota when we have "State" on our uniforms in plain sight wrote accross the chest. But lately,I honestly believe some of these people don't give a hoot whether it's stupid or not, not being able to get the name correct. Kind of sad how far "professionalism" in journalism has fallen.

Comment

The use of STATE on uniforms was important before 1964 when we became SDSU and no longer SDSC and it was sort of a offset to being called the Cow College and all the other bad names from the superior school down on the big muddy. I do see your point and it reminds me of the character John Belushi played in Animal House. I recall he wore a sweatshirt that said "College". Apparently his character had been through so many colleges that the name became generic. STATE is generic too.

Comment

I liked having State on there too. I am fine with Jackrabbits too.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                I liked having State on there too. I am fine with Jackrabbits too.
                                I actually used to like the ones the women wore that said "SD STATE".

I think it looks fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X