Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Jerseys

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    The white ones didn't look so bad last night (I believe they also have black jerseys.) Seeing them in person, I get the "lighter uniform" argument; they look thin and light. Probably more breathable and easier to move around in. If they win in them, I don't care.
    I don’t really care, but I thought they looked thin and cheap....more like a practice jersey. In my opinion, UC-Irvine had really nice jerseys.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      The use of STATE on uniforms was important before 1964 when we became SDSU and no longer SDSC and it was sort of a offset to being called the Cow College and all the other bad names from the superior school down on the big muddy. I do see your point and it reminds me of the character John Belushi played in Animal House. I recall he wore a sweatshirt that said "College". Apparently his character had been through so many colleges that the name became generic. STATE is generic too.
      Exactly. South Dakota State isn't just a regional brand anymore. We're never going to win the national "state" branding sweepstakes. Jackrabbits, though, is unique and memorable and it makes obvious sense to brand the teams with the mascot name rather than some generic "STATE" in all caps that could be anybody from anywhere. If it was just for me, and the fans on this board, STATE has nostalgic value. It's not just about us anymore.

Branding is about value and getting people to identify with your institution. Those of us here on this board already identify to the point where we belong to a fan board. The goal is to get more fans and potential students and other stakeholders to know that we exist and ultimately to identify with SDSU. STATE does nothing for that.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        I don’t really care, but I thought they looked thin and cheap....more like a practice jersey. In my opinion, UC-Irvine had really nice jerseys.
        Seeing the game and the unis in person on Friday night I actually found myself liking them. Clean and sharp looking. Agree with previous poster, if they win in them they can wear practice gear for all I care.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

On tv they looked better then the pictures. I like more blue and yellow on them. But they were fine. Will see what they look like in person tonight.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would agree that they look much better on tv. Maybe that is because the players are moving and we can't get as good of a look at them as we have in the photos? ha
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

These new uniforms to me are a slap in the face to sdsu tradition. We have been a basketball school my whole life. ( I am 27) I have never seen the Jacks wear anything but a uniform with STATE on the front. I know it's just a jersey, but this is a terrible change to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                I would agree that they look much better on tv. Maybe that is because the players are moving and we can't get as good of a look at them as we have in the photos? ha
                I don't know how they did it but they screwed up the blue. The whites at home look good enough but the blues on the road were not good. At least on tv.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                X