MVFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC

I know we all know how difficult the MFVC is, but wow. I see that Youngstown is now playing NDSU this week. Three weeks in a row they have been in possibly the "marquee" matchup in FCS football, playing top 6 teams. I was looking through UNI's schedule in anticipation of this weeks game, and they now embark on a FOUR week stretch of playing top 10 teams- @SDSU, YSU, @NDSU, USD.

Re: MVFC

#meatgrinder

Comment

Brutal. We're getting to the stretch where roster depth really starts to matter. Stars are great, but how good are your second and third stringers? They have to be solid if you're going be able to survive 6 more weeks of pounding in the MVFC plus at least a couple of playoff games.

Comment

Our grind hits hardest in November as we finish with WIU, NDSU, IL ST, USD. We are cycling through the "soft teams, SIU, UNI, Mo St" right now.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Our grind hits hardest in November as we finish with WIU, NDSU, IL ST, USD. We are cycling through the "soft teams, SIU, UNI, Mo St" right now.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
          Just crazy to think UNI is considered a soft team and USD is considered a hard team (I am in agreement). Just crazy. But even though they are considered one of the weaker teams this year, I'm still concerned about playing UNI. Nothing comes easy against them...at least for us.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            Just crazy to think UNI is considered a soft team and USD is considered a hard team (I am in agreement). Just crazy. But even though they are considered one of the weaker teams this year, I'm still concerned about playing UNI. Nothing comes easy against them...at least for us.
            JackJD just posted in a different thread that the series since 2006 is 4-7 UNI favor. Hardly anything to write home about. In the transition period, we did not even come close. USD is tough this year. They are for real and their coach is the difference I tend to feel. Nielsen wins every place he has been. Some sort of a Darrell Mudra, if you recall that name.

Comment

Yeah, UNI has a distinct winning record vs. Rabbits. I don't think it's quite as high a % as vs NDSU, but UNI holds a 29-20-2 advantage in the series, including a 7-4 advantage since SDSU joined the Football Championship Subdivision in 2004.

Comment

Working...
              X