Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

after the parade we usually go to the pheasant with the kids to eat quick before going to the stadium. Last year though they were really slow and didn't seem as busy as past years so we were late to the game. Might do that or go early and enjoy tailgating. suppose depends on the weather how soon we get to the game. would love to do some tailgating though. might go right after parade just to get parking hopefully. Last year had to park by the engineering buildings, walking a 2- and 5 year old through campus to the stadium was slow going. Missed all the good action of the first 5 minutes. hope to enjoy the pregame feel more this week.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

New Uniform for Hobo Day??

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
        New Uniform for Hobo Day??
        Did you see something or just randomly asking?

Comment

Just wondering. Didn't we introduce the rabbit decal last year on Hobo Day?

Comment

We had the Rabbit decal all last year. I think it was two years ago it was introduced on Hobo Day.

Comment

Keep an eye on the @GoJacksFB twitter account as they've been showing a pics of what the team is wearing for the games this year. But if it is a surprise or something new, they may not post anything.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                after the parade we usually go to the pheasant with the kids to eat quick before going to the stadium. Last year though they were really slow and didn't seem as busy as past years so we were late to the game. Might do that or go early and enjoy tailgating. suppose depends on the weather how soon we get to the game. would love to do some tailgating though. might go right after parade just to get parking hopefully. Last year had to park by the engineering buildings, walking a 2- and 5 year old through campus to the stadium was slow going. Missed all the good action of the first 5 minutes. hope to enjoy the pregame feel more this week.
                You can always hit up the Alumni Tent. Food is good Fast and Freewill donation

Comment

Wasn't Black Jack unveiled last year for Hobo Day? I was really hoping they'd debut a new helmet...I know, I may be in the minority on that...I liked Kennesaw State's gray uni's. I'd think with UA we'd get something more...I have a feeling it'll be Black Jacks for Hobo Day. Go Big! Go Blue! GO JACKS!!!

Agree on the Alumni tent, great place to feed a family and right by the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    And, they have several flavors of SDSU ice cream! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      we have for other games previous years, that's probably our safe bet to get there early and get parking and not walk my 70 year old parents and 3 and 6 year and 8 month pregnant wife around too much.

I am really looking forward too this game. hope the weather stays favorable.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        And, they have several flavors of SDSU ice cream! Go Jacks!!
                        If they have butterbrickle, don't get in my moms way.

Comment

In case anyone was wondering, I feel pretty good about this game.

One of their wins is Cal Poly, who is winless, and the other was the Salukis... who we saw was outmatched last weekend.

If the team can just play focused football, and not do stupid things, I think it will be a good homecoming game!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            In case anyone was wondering, I feel pretty good about this game.

One of their wins is Cal Poly, who is winless, and the other was the Salukis... who we saw was outmatched last weekend.

If the team can just play focused football, and not do stupid things, I think it will be a good homecoming game!
                            One of the few times I am not as worried about uni as I have been other years.

Comment

With regards to the uniforms, I'd really like the team to do some kind of unique throwback uniform for Hobo Day, and do it every year. Make it unique and different, and then have it be a symbol for Hobo Day each year. I guess I'm not a huge fan of the Black Jack uniforms, so I hope that they don't come out in those again this Saturday.

I'd like to see yellow pants, a retro blue top, and then either a white or a yellow helmet with Weary Will on it. And then use it every year for Hobo Day.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                we have for other games previous years, that's probably our safe bet to get there early and get parking and not walk my 70 year old parents and 3 and 6 year and 8 month pregnant wife around too much.

I am really looking forward too this game. hope the weather stays favorable.
                                Has the side benefit of being less the 100Yds from where I tailgate.

Comment

Working...
                                X