Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Wasn't there talk of some jerseys and stuff being for sale this week?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Wasn't there talk of some jerseys and stuff being for sale this week?
      Yes.

https://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/...49818702270464
      https://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/...50009597648897
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Assuming I copied correctly from GoJacks.com, here are results against UNI since we resumed play in the modern era:

2006. Lost at UNI, 7-24
        2007, Lost at home, 17-31
        2008, Lost at UNI 20-34
        2009, Won (Hobo Day) 24-14
        2010. Lost at UNI 14-24
        2011, Lost at home, 14-31
        2012, Lost at UNI 6-27
        2013, Won at home, 37-34
        2014, Won at UNI 31-28
        2015, Lost (Hobo Day) 7-10
        2016, Won at UNI 45-24

So, our record is 4-7 against UNI starting in 2006. We're 3-1 against UNI since 2013 and it seems 2013 is about when the sinking fortunes of the Panthers appeared to be a trend. Nonetheless, I think every Farley-coached team played tough -- maybe not always smart but always tough, hard-nosed football. They'll be in town Saturday in an effort to try to salvage what is turning into a poor season.

Would sure like to see something like: SDSU 38 UNI 7

Comment

This one feels like the Montana st game a little bit in the sense it's a special day or whatever. Playing a team we're favored over but them being more than capable of beating us. It seems like the hobo day works against us instead of for us. Have to show up ready to play or they'll probably pick us apart throwing the ball.

Comment

I'm usually a pessimist, but I'm feeling pretty confident about this game.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I want to see Kellen Soulek go for another 50+ yd TD interception. What a hilarious end to last years game sewing up the MVFC auto-bid.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                I want to see Kellen Soulek go for another 50+ yd TD interception. What a hilarious end to last years game sewing up the MVFC auto-bid.
                When I watch the hustle of the 2 UNI lineman chasing him down I am impressed. Soulek and those linemen were determined. Just flat out hustle and effort.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I'm usually a pessimist, but I'm feeling pretty confident about this game.
                  I worry its hobo day, not that its uni. but I am going to be more concerned with USD, NDSU, Western ill, ISU-r. those games I really see as a coin flip.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    I'll be good with a Sycamore win to match a Jacks win...I may be a Bison fan this weekend as they may be one of the few left to knock off the guins...I don't have the faith in the Redbirds or the Panthers to get it done and we need them to get a 2nd conf loss. we win out and give both the Bison and USeD 1 of their conference losses while one of them gets the other one in their head to head. I'm pulling for the Bison in that one and am hopeful that the Redbirds can pull off an upset of the Bison in the finale. Ahhh, the grind of the MVFC, scary to think we could potentially have several 9-2 or 8-3 teams.
                    Guess I figured USD beating YSU and then the Jacks defeating USD to end regular season would be enough to ensure YSU wouldn't be ranked above Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      I'm all for that as well.

Comment

Our margin for error for a top four seed and home field advantage until the semis is gone IMO. With two losses we are likely a 5-8 seed. We need to win every game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Our margin for error for a top four seed and home field advantage until the semis is gone IMO. With two losses we are likely a 5-8 seed. We need to win every game.
                          Unless you want to play lawyer ball and hope USD and NDSU and ISU knock each other further down a bit leaving maybe 2 spots for MVCF teams to get 2 of the top 4 spots.

Comment

Matchups to watch: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...ching-uni.html

Comment

What is everyone cooking this weekend? We are doing our annual chislic feed and Bloody Mary bar. Because of the cold weather we are also having hot apple pie.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                What is everyone cooking this weekend? We are doing our annual chislic feed and Bloody Mary bar. Because of the cold weather we are also having hot apple pie.
                                Some standard burgers and brats. Also going to make some beer cheese to bring with and add to everything.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X