Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Frustrating day. I was warned by a suspended player that I better not come back to practice for my tweets. Pathetic effort by the Jacks. So dissapointed. My only hope... YSU lost at Hobo Day last year and then caught fire. However, I don't think we have it.
    This shows you just where the leadership is at on this team and why they are what they are this year. More worried about their press clippings than actual results. I didn’t see your tweet he replied to but my goodness if anyone on the squad doesn’t think they deserve to be roasted about whatever the hell we watched today then they are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      This shows you just where the leadership is at on this team and why they are what they are this year. More worried about their press clippings than actual results. I didn’t see your tweet he replied to but my goodness if anyone on the squad doesn’t think they deserve to be roasted about whatever the hell we watched today then they are part of the problem.

One of the dangers of being on social media, but playing devil's advocate, if they'd won (or even if the game had been closer), or if a coach were the one saying this, would it be an example of that oft-cited missing fire, intensity, or aggressiveness?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

My original tweet said, "Most pathetic effort I have seen by the Jacks. Shocked and disappointed." I deleted it and I wish I hadn't as there is nothing controversial or mean about it. I couldn't believe he was on his phone. Wild.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

My original tweet said, "Most pathetic effort I have seen by the Jacks. Shocked and disappointed." I deleted it and I wish I hadn't as there is nothing controversial or mean about it. I couldn't believe he was on his phone. Wild.
          I'm with others who appreciate your stories. Just curious, what caused you to delete it?

What would you think if read that from "traditional" media personnel?

For the record, I agree with your assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            I'm with others who appreciate your stories. Just curious, what caused you to delete it?

What would you think if read that from "traditional" media personnel?

For the record, I agree with your assessment.
            That is exactly why I deleted it. Wasn't a very professional tweet at all. It's that line between a "fan" and wanting to be a legitimate blog. The word pathetic wasn't right and I should have fun some other word to use.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

You shouldn't have deleted it. It was pathetic. Worse than pathetic even. I agree with thumper that Slade responding like that just shows the mindset of this team. They deserve to be roasted hard after that performance, but they won't. According to Stig after the Yyoungstown game "you need to build them back up after a loss". Worked great for 1 game I guess

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                You shouldn't have deleted it. It was pathetic. Worse than pathetic even. I agree with thumper that Slade responding like that just shows the mindset of this team. They deserve to be roasted hard after that performance, but they won't. According to Stig after the Yyoungstown game "you need to build them back up after a loss". Worked great for 1 game I guess
                What exactly is the mindset of this team? Do you think they do not care? Are they ripping the University off by getting free tuition? Do you honestly think that they planned all those f*ck-ups that happened yesterday? They are our team are they not? Lots questions here and few answers except that they did not plan all those f*ckups, they happened.

Comment

All those f*ck ups seem to happen due to lack of focus. Reading your own press clippings might cause one to lose focus. They haven't exactly been focused all season...

Comment

That is exactly why I deleted it. Wasn't a very professional tweet at all. It's that line between a "fan" and wanting to be a legitimate blog. The word pathetic wasn't right and I should have fun some other word to use.
                    Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                    I agree. You shouldn't have deleted it. If that player doesn't agree with what you wrote, he needs his head checked.

It was plainly obvious to everyone in the stadium how awful they were playing. I literally felt like puking while watching that garbage. If coaches and players can't take obvious truthful and factual criticism on how their playing, then, well.. then that states the crap mindset our team has. I get the line you're feeling of being a fan and a blog (I've been there), but in this situation, I think the whole fan base is behind your back because what you wrote was truth.

Tough love is sometimes needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      All those f*ck ups seem to happen due to lack of focus. Reading your own press clippings might cause one to lose focus. They haven't exactly been focused all season...
                      Couple of random thoughts -- willing to bet a Jackrabbit Club donation that the coaches preach "focus" every week. One could argue that you bench players after every mistake to get them focused, but then you get into the territory of benching "stars" after plays like the YSU fumble, etc.

Someone mentioned Christion "aiming" his throws. Might he be concerned with trying to make Goedert and Wieneke look good, rightly or wrongly?

Lastly, how about Wieneke hustling over to block on Goedert's one long reception and Daniel doing an awesome job of blitz pickup in the first half. Pretty good coaching, hustle, and focus there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        What exactly is the mindset of this team? Do you think they do not care? Are they ripping the University off by getting free tuition? Do you honestly think that they planned all those f*ck-ups that happened yesterday? They are our team are they not? Lots questions here and few answers except that they did not plan all those f*ckups, they happened.
                        Of course they happened.

However, on a basic level. You would think a team ranked in the top 10 would at least know how to show up and get themselves in the mindset to dismantle an opposing team on our homecoming, even it is in a 45 degree pouring rain.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                          I agree. You shouldn't have deleted it. If that player doesn't agree with what you wrote, he needs his head checked.

It was plainly obvious to everyone in the stadium how awful they were playing. I literally felt like puking while watching that garbage. If coaches and players can't take obvious truthful and factual criticism on how their playing, then, well.. then that states the crap mindset our team has. I get the line you're feeling of being a fan and a blog (I've been there), but in this situation, I think the whole fan base is behind your back because what you wrote was truth.

Tough love is sometimes needed.
                          Players can agree that their performance was pathetic but object to publicly calling out teammates. To me it would be ironic that a suspended player would do so when his own actions that resulted in suspension suggested that he behaved selfishly, and with little regard for impact on the team, at least once in the past.

I think most here would agree with WSR's tweet, but the limitations of Twitter leave ample room for misinterpretation by both sides.

I think the player was wrong for responding in the manner described, and while I think WSR was within his rights and correct in his assessment of the effort, I think other programs (not just players) may restrict his access after such tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                            Of course they happened.

However, on a basic level. You would think a team ranked in the top 10 would at least know how to show up and get themselves in the mindset to dismantle an opposing team on our homecoming, even it is in a 45 degree pouring rain.
                            Put the pads on buddy and put your free beer down and get out on the field. I just know you could do better.

Comment

Put the pads on buddy and put your free beer down and get out on the field.
                              I wish!

Comment

I would say the mindset is they are more worried about what people are saying about them than what they are doing on the field. Slade is so into the game that he is on his fricking phone tweeting during it!! That **** trickles down through everyone, whether you think so or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X