Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Here is my preview of UNI: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...hern-iowa.html

Here is Tyler's video interview with Stig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vu9e7JpoMKc

UNI's defense isn't great. Solid cornerbacks and Farley at MLB, otherwise not much. UNI offensive passing game is solid and their run game is not good. It may be a shoot out with 80 passes.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

I expect to see UNI's best effort this season due to A) The way they lost last week should add extra motivation, B) They are already in playoff mode, and C) The jacks have been known to not play well on hobo day in the 2013-2016 run (1-3 overall in those four years). That being said, I expect SDSU to have a good day on O and do enough to get the win. I'd be happily surprised if this one is a blowout win, but my gut says 27-14 Jacks.

Comment

Let's see if the team can maintain the level of intensity from last week. If we can do that, UNI won't be a problem.

BTW, last weekend was the first game I made it to this season, and first impression: wow, Vinatieri is jacked. He does not look like a kicker.

Comment

C) The jacks have been known to not play well on hobo day in the 2013-2016 run (1-3 overall in those four years).

What is is the reason for the letdown, poor play or losses the past hobo day game? Is the team not focused?

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
          C) The jacks have been known to not play well on hobo day in the 2013-2016 run (1-3 overall in those four years).

What is is the reason for the letdown, poor play or losses the past hobo day game? Is the team not focused?
          Maybe too focused on the Hobo Day Dance. Oh! That's right they stopped the dance many moons back

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post

2013 they just seemed flat, 2014 they got picked apart by the YSU QB, and 2015 the O and play calling were pretty suspect. That 2015 episode was the last game the "flash" package was seen in the stadium.

Comment

This might be optimism talking, but I think that YSU loss served as a real wake up call and I see them coming out focused and dominating this game. They still have championship aspirations and they realize that it's not going to be given to them.

Comment

11.5 point favorites... Too much imo. Seems like a knee jerk reaction after setting the line probably too low last week.

Comment

Looks like it will be a great crowd. As long as it doesn't rain all day.
                  458 tickets left on the upper west
                  426 tickets left on the lower west
                  1130 left on the east side

2014 total available.

Section 116 and 115 are unavailable so I'm not sure whats up with those.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    Looks like it will be a great crowd. As long as it doesn't rain all day.
                    458 tickets left on the upper west
                    426 tickets left on the lower west
                    1130 left on the east side

2014 total available.

Section 116 and 115 are unavailable so I'm not sure whats up with those.
                    Those are reserved for promotions for business and family packs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Does this feel like one "those" games to anyone else?

Hobo day. Lesser opponent that is struggling. Coming off a convincing win of our own.

I hope Im wrong.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Does this feel like one "those" games to anyone else?

Hobo day. Lesser opponent that is struggling. Coming off a convincing win of our own.

I hope Im wrong.
                        Rain could be a factor, but I'm hoping this game plays out like last year's game in Cedar Falls.

A Jacks' win along with two for the Sycamores and 'guins would make for a perfect Hobo Day.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          Rain could be a factor, but I'm hoping this game plays out like last year's game in Cedar Falls.

A Jacks' win along with two for the Sycamores and 'guins would make for a perfect Hobo Day.
                          The European rainfall model, which usually is the most accurate, has revised the total amount for the system down to .1 to .2. If they are correct, the rain shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'll be good with a Sycamore win to match a Jacks win...I may be a Bison fan this weekend as they may be one of the few left to knock off the guins...I don't have the faith in the Redbirds or the Panthers to get it done and we need them to get a 2nd conf loss. we win out and give both the Bison and USeD 1 of their conference losses while one of them gets the other one in their head to head. I'm pulling for the Bison in that one and am hopeful that the Redbirds can pull off an upset of the Bison in the finale. Ahhh, the grind of the MVFC, scary to think we could potentially have several 9-2 or 8-3 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              I'll be good with a Sycamore win to match a Jacks win...I may be a Bison fan this weekend as they may be one of the few left to knock off the guins...I don't have the faith in the Redbirds or the Panthers to get it done and we need them to get a 2nd conf loss. we win out and give both the Bison and USeD 1 of their conference losses while one of them gets the other one in their head to head. I'm pulling for the Bison in that one and am hopeful that the Redbirds can pull off an upset of the Bison in the finale. Ahhh, the grind of the MVFC, scary to think we could potentially have several 9-2 or 8-3 teams.
                              I could care less about the convoluted and very improbable scenarios of winning the conference. I would rather see both us and YSU win out, which would give us a top 3 or 4 seed likely. Being in the MVFC, winning the conference doesn't mean much (other than bragging rights) because you definitely don't need it to get in the post season.

Comment

Working...
                              X