Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    Team looked not ready. Another hobo day loss tells me the FB team needs more structure and less hobo day bs, including the coaches.
    How does a dome team beat the team with an outdoor stadium in poor weather. It comes from the HC down. Farley had them ready.
    The excuse of saying the other team did something difference is not acceptable. This is exactly what coaches do each week to try and get the other team off their game. Make adjustments, it’s a three man front. Come on Stig.
    Because SDSU plays a style of offense for a dome team and UNI plays an outdoor brand of football.

Comment

When we played Villanova last year we blamed our struggles on the 3-4 defense. Saturday, same thing. If this 3-4 defense is so incredibly difficult to play against (it is for us at least) why doesn't every team run it?

Hell, why don't we run it. We can't ever seem to develop any depth at all on the defensive line. Subtracting 1 from the total on the field would instantly give us more depth. We always seem to be able to get and develop linebacker talent so an extra body there wouldn't be as hard to recruit....

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Inference: We don't have good enough coaches to make the necessary adjustments to our game plan during the game, so we just rode the horse we came in on right into the ground.

Honestly, why would a coach even say that? If your game planning and ability to adjust is so poor that if a defense throws a wrinkle, there's nothing you can do about it...
        Yeah, I heard the comments in the post-game and I had the same reaction. I've seen the Jacks down at halftime so many times, and then they come out for the second half having figured out most of the problems and they go on to a win. The opposite seemed to be the case on Saturday. Hard to watch.

Comment

So with the defense on the field most of the game,seems the offensive coaches could have redone the blocking schemes to counter the 3-4 defense, they had plenty of time.Stig wears and carries so many charts on him he doesn't have a solution hidden somewhere in there?

Comment

I'm going to drop this link here. I think it looks at some of the probable causes objectively: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ate/766372001/

This was a game that just snowballed on us, just about everything that could have gone wrong, did. The team needs to move on and learn from the loss. Like I've said previously, I expected a couple of losses this year with how tough the conference is, but our losses to this point weren't even close...and we aren't even halfway through the conference schedule with the 2 toughest teams yet to go. I expected our losses to be similar to what YSU has experienced so far. We are at the midpoint of the season. If things don't change now, we are who we are. There isn't any more time left to figure it out.

I have so much that I want to say, but I'll try and keep it short. There are a lot of distractions other than football surrounding this team right now. A player, on twitter, DURING THE GAME, for the love of all that is holy...come on! I'm not going to write that particular kid or the team off, but if that doesn't scream that this team has been paying attention to the headlines that have been written over the last year, I don't know what does. Honestly - I don't even put that type of problem on the coaches shoulders. Great teams are governed and led by players. The leaders of the team (presumably the captains), should be handling that type of incident before the coaches even hear about it. If somebody isn't doing things the right way, the leaders should be getting them back in line.

Bring on Missouri State! If this season is going to be salvaged, it starts this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post

I have so much that I want to say, but I'll try and keep it short. There are a lot of distractions other than football surrounding this team right now. A player, on twitter, DURING THE GAME, for the love of all that is holy...come on! I'm not going to write that particular kid or the team off, but if that doesn't scream that this team has been paying attention to the headlines that have been written over the last year, I don't know what does. Honestly - I don't even put that type of problem on the coaches shoulders. Great teams are governed and led by players. The leaders of the team (presumably the captains), should be handling that type of incident before the coaches even hear about it. If somebody isn't doing things the right way, the leaders should be getting them back in line.
              I tend to think this is likely as good of explanation as there is. We can dissect the nuances all day on schemes, etc. but when you have a player (suspended but still) responding to a tweet saying that individual better not come back to practice....What. The. F?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                I tend to think this is likely as good of explanation as there is. We can dissect the nuances all day on schemes, etc. but when you have a player (suspended but still) responding to a tweet saying that individual better not come back to practice....What. The. F?!?!?
                And crazier yet...the tweet is yet to be deleted.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  And crazier yet...the tweet is yet to be deleted.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                  I believe he has deleted all Tweets. They were all gone Sunday afternoon.

Comment

One other thought, and I'm not sure if this is good or bad so I'll throw it out there for comment.

This morning while talking to a coworker, I actually laughed about our performance. I knew it was bad, but when we were talking about it out loud it became comical. We a muffed a punt, threw an interception that was returned to the 3 yardline (basically a pick 6), fumbled a kickoff, missed an extra point, missed a 25 yard field goal, fumbled a snap on another field goal, the band outnumbered the fans after halftime, and when I ran my kids to the car at half so my wife could take them home with her - the security guards and gate attendants didn't even pretend to care if I had a ticket to get back in (re-entry's aren't even supposed to be allowed). It was like they thought I was punishing myself by going back for the 2nd half.

That reads like a script for the Little Giants that even Hollywood won't green-light because it is too unrealistic. Either we are terrible, which would be bad. Or, we just had a bad game of epic proportions, this would be good...I guess. I'm nervous that reality is somewhere in between and this season's team will be defined as inconsistent (or having potential). Time will tell, but as of today I'm still holding hope that we right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                      One other thought, and I'm not sure if this is good or bad so I'll throw it out there for comment.

This morning while talking to a coworker, I actually laughed about our performance. I knew it was bad, but when we were talking about it out loud it became comical. We a muffed a punt, threw an interception that was returned to the 3 yardline (basically a pick 6), fumbled a kickoff, missed an extra point, missed a 25 yard field goal, fumbled a snap on another field goal, the band outnumbered the fans after halftime, and when I ran my kids to the car at half so my wife could take them home with her - the security guards and gate attendants didn't even pretend to care if I had a ticket to get back in (re-entry's aren't even supposed to be allowed). It was like they thought I was punishing myself by going back for the 2nd half.

That reads like a script for the Little Giants that even Hollywood won't green-light because it is too unrealistic. Either we are terrible, which would be bad. Or, we just had a bad game of epic proportions, this would be good...I guess. I'm nervous that reality is somewhere in between and this season's team will be defined as inconsistent (or having potential). Time will tell, but as of today I'm still holding hope that we right the ship.
                      Honestly as frustrated as I was I found myself chuckling and thinking of the movie Aliens during the first half. It was the perfect storm on how to fail in almost every sense on special teams. The only thing we didn't do is give up a return TD, which ironically is our greatest past failures. I think, weather and a horrible case of everything on ST's went wrong. We were lucky to not be down by more. I for one will write it off as a freak happenstance that ST's went down like that.

Comment

I tried laughing about it and found it to be even more frustrating, speaking only for myself. I don't want to laugh at my team's performance, and especially on Hobo Day. If laughing helps you get through the pain, then it is what it is. It is also a recipe for average crowds of 5000 at DJD. People won't come out and watch a team to laugh at it.

Comment

The doom and gloom is reminiscent of the aftermath of the game that shall not be mentioned. Lighten up Francis. The Jacks need to win 3 of 5 to make the playoffs. The first win is on Saturday.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            The doom and gloom is reminiscent of the aftermath of the game that shall not be mentioned. Lighten up Francis. The Jacks need to win 3 of 5 to make the playoffs. The first win is on Saturday.
                            There we go. I am all in.

Comment

The gloom and doom after the Wisconsin game was unwarranted, IMO. The negativity surrounding this team right now has a little merit. Do I think that they could win 3 of the next 5? Certainly. But I also thought they could beat YSU, and I really believed they could beat UNI. I have seen more bad SDSU football this year than I have good, so that doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in the upcoming weeks.

If the team that showed up on Hobo Days makes more appearances, this team doesn't stand a chance at making the playoffs.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The problem is what we've looked like in the games we lost (and the one we should have lost). Both things we've done and haven't done, players and coaches alike. I just want to see them play well again. Last year was a lot of fun. This year had the making of being even more fun, we just haven't hit our stride yet. Here's to hoping we see them play well 2 consecutive weeks to get things going.

Comment

Working...
                                X