Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    With regards to the uniforms, I'd really like the team to do some kind of unique throwback uniform for Hobo Day, and do it every year. Make it unique and different, and then have it be a symbol for Hobo Day each year. I guess I'm not a huge fan of the Black Jack uniforms, so I hope that they don't come out in those again this Saturday.

I'd like to see yellow pants, a retro blue top, and then either a white or a yellow helmet with Weary Will on it. And then use it every year for Hobo Day.
    I go blue tops, yellow pants and blue helmet. But if we go white pants, a white helmet would be a pleasant surprise. Please anything but the black. those are just awful. I like to stick with school colors. but that's just me.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Has the side benefit of being less the 100Yds from where I tailgate.
      your not in the backyard? on the east side or you the library parking lot?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        your not in the backyard? on the east side or you the library parking lot?
        Lot Northern most of the library, before you cross the street in the Grass that separates the 2 north lots, on the South side of that lot about in the middle. Look for a dude with a cowboy hat on (you'll know when you see it).

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Lot Northern most of the library, before you cross the street in the Grass that separates the 2 north lots, on the South side of that lot about in the middle. Look for a dude with a cowboy hat on (you'll know when you see it).
          So look for a bearded guy drinking in a cowboy hat? so that wont be hard to figure out. So If I am doing the directions in my head basically just go down north campus dr to the west of the alumni tent area?

Comment

So look for a bearded guy drinking in a cowboy hat? so that wont be hard to figure out. So If I am doing the directions in my head basically just go down north campus dr to the west of the alumni tent area?
            You can't miss him. Haha

Big hat no cattle. Haha
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

That would be directions that are way easier, you must not be an Engineer.

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              You can't miss him. Haha

Big hat no cattle. Haha
              True Story.

Comment

Please anything but the black. those are just awful.

I love the Black Jack unis.

Comment

I go blue tops, yellow pants and blue helmet. But if we go white pants, a white helmet would be a pleasant surprise. Please anything but the black. those are just awful. I like to stick with school colors. but that's just me.
                  Coach Nagy made a comment to our group a few years back when he had some fans complaining about the Black uni's because they weren't the school colors. He said back that " neither is white"....

I thought that was interesting...and true.
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Coach Nagy made a comment to our group a few years back when he had some fans complaining about the Black uni's because they weren't the school colors. He said back that " neither is white"....

I thought that was interesting...and true.
                    You could say that white, black, and even gray are the absence of color, therefore they don't compete against the school colors in the scheme of the uniform.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

I wasn't sure where to ask this question so I guess I will do it here. Does anyone use Jackrabbits All-Access to watch SDSU sporting events and if so is just the Midco feed? The reason I ask is that I am thinking of dropping Midco as my cable provider but I do not want to lose access to Jacks FB & BB games that I cannot attend. It looks like a lot of MBB & WBB will be covered by Midco again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                        I wasn't sure where to ask this question so I guess I will do it here. Does anyone use Jackrabbits All-Access to watch SDSU sporting events and if so is just the Midco feed? The reason I ask is that I am thinking of dropping Midco as my cable provider but I do not want to lose access to Jacks FB & BB games that I cannot attend. It looks like a lot of MBB & WBB will be covered by Midco again this year.
                        For basketball, it is usually the in-house video feed (as shown on the scoreboard) with the radio broadcast voiced over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                          I'm not an upper Midwest resident, so Midco is not an option. I have been a fairly faithful subscriber to Jackrabbit All-access for about 10 years. I have found the All-access to be GREAT for SDSU home games, and at the hands of the opponents student TV crews for away games. Getting games, especially away, into ESPN3, has been a great boon. I will probably subscribe to All-access for the basketball season, but the upgraded service via ESPN3, has allowed me to skip the all-access this fall. More interesting is how many AWAY games will be available via all-access. For audio, I catch the WNAX live broadcasts, so get to enjoy Tyler & Scotty take on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

I love the Black Jack unis.
                            Call me crazy, but I would rather see our school colors mostly on the uniforms for a homecoming. Where the black for like recruiting or senior day or something where you have high school kids coming in that would probably pay attention to those. I don't mind the black for basketball as much. just for the fact you need an alternate jersey for playing in tournaments or several games back to back days. Gray uniforms are probably the worst though. The basketball team with the gray unis they have had previously looks like a old pair of socks that just cant get back to a nice white anymore or someone left a black sock in the white laundry.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I would rather see our school colors mostly on the uniforms for a homecoming. Where the black for like recruiting or senior day or something where you have high school kids coming in that would probably pay attention to those. I don't mind the black for basketball as much. just for the fact you need an alternate jersey for playing in tournaments or several games back to back days. Gray uniforms are probably the worst though. The basketball team with the gray unis they have had previously looks like a old pair of socks that just cant get back to a nice white anymore or someone left a black sock in the white laundry.
                              I think that I have said this on the board before, but I would like to see the Hobo Day game be some type of retro uniform. I know that, financially, it doesn't make sense for the department. But how cool would it be to celebrate a certain "era" of Jackrabbit football each year. Maybe bring in some of the well-known guys from that era and make them honorary captains or something.

Of course there could be a modern spin if needed, but how great would it look to see the team run out with the block "Jacks" on the helmet?
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                I think that I have said this on the board before, but I would like to see the Hobo Day game be some type of retro uniform. I know that, financially, it doesn't make sense for the department. But how cool would it be to celebrate a certain "era" of Jackrabbit football each year. Maybe bring in some of the well-known guys from that era and make them honorary captains or something.

Of course there could be a modern spin if needed, but how great would it look to see the team run out with the block "Jacks" on the helmet?
                                but not the flag style from last year was it. I would go for that. since homecoming is a big deal for alumni, why not give it some retro feel. Save the new style flashy black and gray stuff for games that would impress the younger generations more. I really like our uniforms right now. classic and clean looking, yellow pants or white pants at home and white pants on the road. maybe add a white helmet too. I actually really like the numbers on the helmet too. the rabbit logo is fine. still like the SD logo, but doing just numbers on both sides would be a pleasant change IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X