Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    I would say the mindset is they are more worried about what people are saying about them than what they are doing on the field. Slade is so into the game that he is on his fricking phone tweeting during it!! That **** trickles down through everyone, whether you think so or not.
    +1 tenchar

Comment

I would say the mindset is they are more worried about what people are saying about them than what they are doing on the field. Slade is so into the game that he is on his fricking phone tweeting during it!! That **** trickles down through everyone, whether you think so or not.
      Sorry, not buying the slippery slope there. By that argument, every player is engaging in the activity that resulted in the two players being suspended. Seems this player has different, and I would say misplaced, priorities than some of his teammates.

Regarding being on the phone, are suspended players on sideline? I'm asking honestly because I wasn't looking for them during the game. If they are not, being on phone is a minor issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        Couple of random thoughts -- willing to bet a Jackrabbit Club donation that the coaches preach "focus" every week. One could argue that you bench players after every mistake to get them focused, but then you get into the territory of benching "stars" after plays like the YSU fumble, etc.

Someone mentioned Christion "aiming" his throws. Might he be concerned with trying to make Goedert and Wieneke look good, rightly or wrongly?

Lastly, how about Wieneke hustling over to block on Goedert's one long reception and Daniel doing an awesome job of blitz pickup in the first half. Pretty good coaching, hustle, and focus there.
        Agree, pointing out a few positive plays counters some of the overwhelmingly negative responses. I believe in lifting up spirits instead of crushing them all the time. But the facts are still staring you in the face. We need to see better when we know they can play better. Admittedly,this is a soft position and might be part of the problem, maybe the team is too "coddled " and needs toughening up a little. I don't claim to be an expert on how to motivate people ,shame, building up confidence , praise when justified,many methods, and many have tried and failed with multiple methods so,maybe it just comes down to talent and winning to make a team feel "invincible" ,who knows.

Some have a gift for bringing out the best in players ,some do not. I don't like the phrase "that was not Jackrabbit football", if by that it means its not winning football, because its always said after a loss. We already know this don't we? If it means we therefore have to find a solution, then find the solution, go to work. Hope the fix to our problems becomes more permanent in nature instead of every other game, but maybe the problems are too deep rooted in nature to get fixed permanently, hope that's not the case.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-15-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          That is exactly why I deleted it. Wasn't a very professional tweet at all. It's that line between a "fan" and wanting to be a legitimate blog. The word pathetic wasn't right and I should have fun some other word to use.
          Only thing you did wrong is bring it up on here. In my opinion.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Okie dokie. As one person, I have said very little about this or that player. I think our guys do their best and yesterday they laid a basket of eggs. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              This shows you just where the leadership is at on this team and why they are what they are this year. More worried about their press clippings than actual results. I didn’t see your tweet he replied to but my goodness if anyone on the squad doesn’t think they deserve to be roasted about whatever the hell we watched today then they are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I see the two (in bold) go together hand in hand,their press clippings are a direct reflection of their, and the teams results, and they can go up or down according to those results...if they are infatuated with their press clippings to the point where it negatively affects their game performance, they will only hinder themselves from future glowing press reports, and the more they may find themselves laboring in obscurity.That's life,but it doesn't have to be that way,it's a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Sorry, not buying the slippery slope there. By that argument, every player is engaging in the activity that resulted in the two players being suspended. Seems this player has different, and I would say misplaced, priorities than some of his teammates.

Regarding being on the phone, are suspended players on sideline? I'm asking honestly because I wasn't looking for them during the game. If they are not, being on phone is a minor issue.
                Yes suspended players are on the sidelines.

Comment

Does anybody else find it strange that Lewis and Brown are ahead of Anderson and Wilde on the depth chart? Then they got Lewis doin punt returns while he's the #2 wideout. I'm not sure he's that good. And Johnson? Why are we in love with Cade Johnson? He's a freshman who is undersized and they got him returning kicks and taking slot passes. Meanwhile Anderson and Wilde seem to be swept under the rug. I simply doubt that. And of course at running back Mengarelli is getting most of the load but I don't think I need to vent about that.

Comment

Stig said in post game interview that the panthers used a 3-4 defense instead of a 4-3 defense that they practiced for all week.

Comment

• Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Stig said in post game interview that the panthers used a 3-4 defense instead of a 4-3 defense that they practiced for all week.
                      Thats weird why would they practice for a 3-4? Maybe thought SDSU would sellout on the pass??

Comment

sounds like an excuse.

Comment

• Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

I'm not sure how much the 3-4 affected the "worst special teams performance of the century" or half-dozen simply awful passes by TC.

Thankfully basketball is getting rolling soon because I see at least three more losses on the horizon after seeing us get exposed both physically (YSU) and mentally the last 3 weeks.

Comment

Inference: We don't have good enough coaches to make the necessary adjustments to our game plan during the game, so we just rode the horse we came in on right into the ground.

Honestly, why would a coach even say that? If your game planning and ability to adjust is so poor that if a defense throws a wrinkle, there's nothing you can do about it...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Inference: We don't have good enough coaches to make the necessary adjustments to our game plan during the game, so we just rode the horse we came in on right into the ground.

Honestly, why would a coach even say that? If your game planning and ability to adjust is so poor that if a defense throws a wrinkle, there's nothing you can do about it...
                              I was thinking the same thing. Why say that? Doesn't he know how bad that looks on him and his staff that if a defense does something different than they normally do there's nothing that we can do because we didn't practice for it all week

Comment

Team looked not ready. Another hobo day loss tells me the FB team needs more structure and less hobo day bs, including the coaches.
                                How does a dome team beat the team with an outdoor stadium in poor weather. It comes from the HC down. Farley had them ready.
                                The excuse of saying the other team did something difference is not acceptable. This is exactly what coaches do each week to try and get the other team off their game. Make adjustments, it’s a three man front. Come on Stig.

Comment

Working...
                                X