Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week and Hobo Day vs. UNI

Originally posted by goon View Post
    but not the flag style from last year was it. I would go for that. since homecoming is a big deal for alumni, why not give it some retro feel. Save the new style flashy black and gray stuff for games that would impress the younger generations more. I really like our uniforms right now. classic and clean looking, yellow pants or white pants at home and white pants on the road. maybe add a white helmet too. I actually really like the numbers on the helmet too. the rabbit logo is fine. still like the SD logo, but doing just numbers on both sides would be a pleasant change IMHO.
    We are definitely on the same page as I think a throwback for Hobo Day would be awesome. I don't mind different color alternatives, but use those for other games IMO. I liked the block jacks helmets, but it was hard to read with the stars and stripes. It needed a more distinct outline to make it easier to read. I like the Jack head, but prefer the interlocked SD much more.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I would rather see our school colors mostly on the uniforms for a homecoming. Where the black for like recruiting or senior day or something where you have high school kids coming in that would probably pay attention to those. I don't mind the black for basketball as much. just for the fact you need an alternate jersey for playing in tournaments or several games back to back days. Gray uniforms are probably the worst though. The basketball team with the gray unis they have had previously looks like a old pair of socks that just cant get back to a nice white anymore or someone left a black sock in the white laundry.
      I agree with every word of this. There are some great ideas here about throwbacks, etc. I think Stig said not long ago that it costs something like $1,500 to put a uniform, pads and a helmet on a player. I'm sure the helmets are very expensive. I'd like to see an alternative helmet, but I get why they have just changed up the decals.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I agree with every word of this. There are some great ideas here about throwbacks, etc. I think Stig said not long ago that it costs something like $1,500 to put a uniform, pads and a helmet on a player. I'm sure the helmets are very expensive. I'd like to see an alternative helmet, but I get why they have just changed up the decals.
        yeah. it cant be cheap. maybe its part of the deal with under armor about how many number of uniforms etc. like we have the black and white, and blue and yellow. other years they did military uniforms for just 1 game also.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

yeah. it cant be cheap. maybe its part of the deal with under armor about how many number of uniforms etc. like we have the black and white, and blue and yellow. other years they did military uniforms for just 1 game also.
          I may be completely wrong on this, but I was told that Under Armour sends many of the decals/letters/numbers separately. So that leaves it up to managers to apply to a new uniform. Is this info legit?

I think that I have said it before, but as long as they win they can be in flip-flops and Journey concert t-shirts for all I care
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I may be completely wrong on this, but I was told that Under Armour sends many of the decals/letters/numbers separately. So that leaves it up to managers to apply to a new uniform. Is this info legit?

I think that I have said it before, but as long as they win they can be in flip-flops and Journey concert t-shirts for all I care
            I thought that was the uniform for oozeball. do they still do that?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Looks like the BlackJacks are back for Hobo Day

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/918948484497129473

FYI I like them

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurabbit View Post

FYI I like them
                Not surprised. Just seems like the wrong game to go with them.

Comment

Not surprised. Just seems like the wrong game to go with them.
                  It was the right game last year, I say if they can get the win tomorrow in black, keep wearing it on Hobo Day until we lose, I'm mildly superstitious haha. As long as the Jacks get a win idc what they wear.

Comment

FYI I like them
                    The wide black striped helmet is one of my favorites, even though it uses the interlocked SD.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

FYI I like them

Comment

FYI I like them
                        The numbers should be easier to read than last year's model. If I remember correctly they were blue edged in yellow. This year's yellow edged in blue should be a lot better.

Comment

Looks like the weather for the game tomorrow is going to be awful. Was hoping we'd get lucky.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

https://youtu.be/tT5jgyA9o1A

Comment

Frustrating day. I was warned by a suspended player that I better not come back to practice for my tweets. Pathetic effort by the Jacks. So dissapointed. My only hope... YSU lost at Hobo Day last year and then caught fire. However, I don't think we have it.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Frustrating day. I was warned by a suspended player that I better not come back to practice for my tweets. Pathetic effort by the Jacks. So dissapointed. My only hope... YSU lost at Hobo Day last year and then caught fire. However, I don't think we have it.
                                Westside - Appreciate what why you do for us. The tweet was uncalled for, and that judgement is likely the cause for his suspension.

I'm disappointed all around - coaching, player execution, and the fans that left at halftime. This team was extremely overrated. I'll continue to show up each week and hope we can make a run through the playoffs. Won't hold my breath.

Comment

Working...
                                X