Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SIU Egyptian Dogs

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    I talked to a couple of parents and they did say the flu bug was going around some.
    Stig said in post game press conference Jake had to have something drained.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      Matt Zimmer tweeted that Goedert had a bruised hip, could've played more if needed, and should be ready for Hobo Day
      Still trying to figure out if the 10 added lbs. is a benefit for Dallas, even if it is all muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        A swelling which also said was less than Goedert's injury. I expect both will play this Saturday and will be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          I'm guessing it was his knee, not his nose. He seemed a little bit hobbled before and after his trip to the locker room.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Liked:
            The offense "spreading the ball around" some more. Even when Jake and Dallas were both in the game... Taryn was looking for other guys.
            The defense seemed to do a LOT more substituting than usual. I think this helped keep guys fresh. -the reason I noticed this is it wasn't 1 or 2 guys either.... it would be like 5 guys at a time would sub out. It worked.
            The running game. Brady made some wicked cuts out there.

Disliked: Nitpicking...but what else is there to do after a big win. Taryn seems to be off on a number of throws. Not just the deep balls to Jake. He missed a deep ball to Wilde too, and to be honest... he misses some shorter throws that he can make. I'm not saying he stinks... he obviously throws some very good balls as well. Just like to see his consistency improve out there.

Good Win.

Comment

Didn't see the whole game but wow that was a huge response. Liked the look of the line play, made a comfortable pocket for Christian and made it easy on the running backs. And the d line stayed in their lanes and got upfield.

Comment

Good things happen when we can run the ball. Granted, SIU was starting some real young guys on the interior D line, so I'm sure that created some extra incentive to keep it on the ground inside. It just takes so much pressure off of our pass game when we can rely on the rush though.

We'll see what we have in UNI this week. They're already in danger of playoff elimination, and I'm sure they'll be playing like their season depends on it this Saturday (because it does).

Comment

Great win and bounce back. As bad as the defense looked last week I'm impressed they came out and dominated a very good offensive team in SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    Liked:
                    The offense "spreading the ball around" some more. Even when Jake and Dallas were both in the game... Taryn was looking for other guys.
                    The defense seemed to do a LOT more substituting than usual. I think this helped keep guys fresh. -the reason I noticed this is it wasn't 1 or 2 guys either.... it would be like 5 guys at a time would sub out. It worked.
                    The running game. Brady made some wicked cuts out there.

Disliked: Nitpicking...but what else is there to do after a big win. Taryn seems to be off on a number of throws. Not just the deep balls to Jake. He missed a deep ball to Wilde too, and to be honest... he misses some shorter throws that he can make. I'm not saying he stinks... he obviously throws some very good balls as well. Just like to see his consistency improve out there.

Good Win.
                    When TC steps into his passes he's almost surgical in his accuracy...throwing off his back foot is not good though, either sails balls or throws them into the dirt. He's still incredibly dangerous...imagine when he has his "on" game, unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Still trying to figure out if the 10 added lbs. is a benefit for Dallas, even if it is all muscle.
                      I've wondered the same thing. He seems to hit the turf hard when he is tackled this year.

It is very impressive how quickly he goes from catching the ball to top speed. I don't know the football terminology, but it seem like on catches where he is essentially stationary he gets to top speed in like 5 yards. Zenner was great at this too. IMO, part of the reason why he has so many long plays is because defenders take a bad initial angle (this was true of Zenner as well).
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                      X