Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SIU Egyptian Dogs

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    So much for Dallas and Jake making TC look good,except for one questionable pass (ruled not intercepted),TC throwing well, to lots of receivers not named Goedert or Wieneke.To be fair,both Jake and Dallas have made great catches where the throw wasn't exactly perfectly placed.
    He underthrew the deep ball to Jake again as well. He's still not quite as sharp as I'd hoped he'd be.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm digging all the 7/8 yd runs on 1st down.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Hard to complain about that half. Obviously not perfect, but there are going to be a few less than stellar plays here and there in any football game.

Happy to see this type of response after last weeks performance.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Nothing bad to say ,for the first half anyway and hopefully for the whole game,....Amen

Comment

On Goederts injury,it seems like he's getting more shots below the waist this season.must figure that's the best way to bring him down,he's too big for them to go high ,that takes its toll as the season progresses.....hope he stays healthy

Comment

Does our team know that their is a 2nd half to football games?

Comment

All-in-all, nice get-right game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  All-in-all, nice get-right game.
                  Really wish we wouldn't need one, but I concur. Seemed to be more of the Jacks performance I expected last week. Kudos To the coaching staff for putting the hammer down on this one. All-in-all a pretty darn good game by the team as a whole. Would have like to held them scoreless but I might expect a bit much.

Comment

Yeah no complaints here, great game tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                      Excellent intensity and aggressiveness to start by the d
                      Sir, those things don’t have a stat so they don’t exist
                      On Goederts injury,it seems like he's getting more shots below the waist this season.must figure that's the best way to bring him down,he's too big for them to go high ,that takes its toll as the season progresses.....hope he stays healthy
                      Can’t believe it took them that long tbh. That’s a basic principle of football.
                      Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Really wish we wouldn't need one, but I concur. Seemed to be more of the Jacks performance I expected last week. Kudos To the coaching staff for putting the hammer down on this one. All-in-all a pretty darn good game by the team as a whole. Would have like to held them scoreless but I might expect a bit much.
                      Ditto.

I know SIU isn’t some sort of defensive powerhouse, but the offense finally looked as dangerous as it did last year. I was more excited about how the defense came out. Say what you want about SIU but their offense is legit. They came out with an attitude that they need to carry through the rest of the year.

Hopefully this is the game where we woke up and carry this through the rest of the season. The first four games the team seemed to sleepwalk through. The first three games the team felt groggy and like they won those off of just being more talented, not off of executing well and playing aggressively. It felt like the games were coached that way as well. Then YSU destroyed us, exposed it to the world, and hopefully this game is what continues all season. You could see the aggression, intensity, and the attitude that they had something to prove. From the entire program. We should be able to do the same thing to UNI.

The Valley and the rest of the FCS is completely bonkers this year, so at minimum it should be fun to watch. On to the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

On Goederts injury,it seems like he's getting more shots below the waist this season.must figure that's the best way to bring him down,he's too big for them to go high ,that its toll as the season progresses.....hope he stays healthy
                        Matt Zimmer tweeted that Goedert had a bruised hip, could've played more if needed, and should be ready for Hobo Day

Comment

Great win to get things back on track for the season. Kudos to the coaching staff for making some changes to the d-line technique. They were closer to the ball and firing off often times creating havoc in the backfield. This allowed the LB's (especially Rozeboom) to hav great games. Hopefully we see this the rest of the year.

Can't understand why Jake and TC are having such a hard time hooking up on the deep routes. It would be really nice for this to start happening. TC's throws either are was under or over thrown, and Jake really hasn't been getting open like he has in previous years. Great to see the other guys have such good games. Lewis is really fun to watch with the ball. Cavanaugh looks like he could be really good in the future.

O-line played excellent, and have for most of the year honestly. Mangerelli ran well, making the first guy miss almost every carry. I also thought Mikey Daniels was impressive. Would still like him to get more carries.

One thing not really related to this game but the whole season in general so far is the pulling of so many redshirts that don't even play. We pulled 8 redshirts, and 3 maybe 4 are justified at this point. DT Ward is probably needed for extra depth at that position. LB Noah Urbanek has been pretty solid on defense and is active on all the special teams. Cavanaugh is easily our #2 receiving tight end. Wilson is good at special teams but don't see him much on defense. O-linemen Lickiss, Miller, and Domandle have only played garbage time against Duquesne and Drake. Callender looks decent athletically when he'e out there but he doesn't get in ever. I understand that injuries could happen and these guys would be used but seems like we went a little to far with pulling so many in the first game of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post

Can't understand why Jake and TC are having such a hard time hooking up on the deep routes. It would be really nice for this to start happening. TC's throws either are was under or over thrown, and Jake really hasn't been getting open like he has in previous years.
                            While it can't explain other games, Matt Z. mentioned that Wieneke was injured as well. He did appear somewhat hobbled after diving for one catch, so I wonder if his speed, and therefore timing with Christion, was affected.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              While it can't explain other games, Matt Z. mentioned that Wieneke was injured as well. He did appear somewhat hobbled after diving for one catch, so I wonder if his speed, and therefore timing with Christion, was affected.
                              I talked to a couple of parents and they did say the flu bug was going around some.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Thoughts:

Nice bounce-back game for the Jacks. I expected the offense to perform better against an average-at-best SIU defense, but that Saluki offense is nothing to sneeze at, so our D shutting them out in the first half was a pleasant surprise.

Really happy to see us have a good running performance, but just as happy to see play calling that focused on attacking the intermediate and deep zones of the pass defense. Still a little concerned with Christion and Wieneke continuing not to hook up on those deep routes. There were two plays that should have went for 40+ minimum if not TDs, but the ball found the turf instead.

Defense played tough and aggressive, and that really helped thwart drives and get the D off the field on 3rd down. Hoping to see more of that. With our offense, I think it's better to give up a big play now and then than to have offenses grind out long drives.

Carry this type of effort throughout the rest of the season and we might just reach our potential yet.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X