Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2017-18

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    I really like where we are sitting. I dont care as long as im not in the upper level. Ive heard its not a good place for people who are afraid of the high places.
    The upper level is great for people with kids though. most games its not crowded and we were on the front row basically if front of the baseline. I felt like the views there are better then the arena. just wouldn't want to be too far from the baseline. we were very pleased being up there last year. better then being stuck in the horse shoe on the lower level like we were the year before. as good as the Denny is for basketball the only good view is right from the sides. if your behind the basket or around the horse shoe its really far away and bad angles. the place seems great for concerts though. wish they would have put more seats and rows on the sides then the curve.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I hope its continued in the future. Fans to the south seem to think everything should start all over when UND joins. Ive bought all session tickets since it started. I dont want to have to start all over.
      I think a big part of the concern for UND fans are crocodile tears. Not many USD fans bought passes when they joined the Summit because their men's team sucked, and now they are upset because they can't get midcourt lower level seats. I would guess that the former IUPUI tickets will be transferred over to UND when they become eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I think a big part of the concern for UND fans are crocodile tears. Not many USD fans bought passes when they joined the Summit because their men's team sucked, and now they are upset because they can't get midcourt lower level seats. I would guess that the former IUPUI tickets will be transferred over to UND when they become eligible.
        I cant believe very many UND fans are going to want all session passes. You dont see many Bison fans, that arent students, there unless they get to the finals. Same with UNO. So the only reason Yote fans want it changed is so THEY can get tickets. They really arent concerned about UND or UNO

Comment

I cant believe very many UND fans are going to want all session passes. You dont see many Bison fans, that arent students, there unless they get to the finals. Same with UNO. So the only reason Yote fans want it changed is so THEY can get tickets. They really arent concerned about UND or UNO
          I think we have a winner here. They are only doing that for their own interest. the deal was available to them but they chose not to take it.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I’ve seen that UND argument made on the USD message board for years and always get a kick out of it. The couple people that bring it up over and over live and breathe to hate SDSU. It’s pretty easy to see through their charade. You could find a way to give them all courtside seats but UND is not bringing hundreds of fans to Sioux Falls unless they are watching their hockey team. The NDSU example is all you need to see. They are closer and bigger basketball fans and they only show up on Tuesday night.

Comment

If i remember correctly, i bought mine just a few minutes after they were on sale. I dont think there were any seats left down low. My seats are front row above the handicap area in the southeast corner. I think its the southeast corner, even with the baseline. Oldhare is a few seats down from me. He will correct me if im wrong.
              I will agree with South. I might need a compass, but I think it is SW. It is south of the licensed area for seating which has its own bar and waitresses. Generally speaking, it is a good area for vision and people. It may not be THE best seats in the house, but I will have bought the seats for 4 years. I am like Mitchellrabbit where I have always bought the entire SLT package with no warranty who is playing. I have little concern for those who have not been fully committed to supporting this event in the past. It is similar to the maxim that money talks and BS walks. Repeat customers are a more consistent income.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The lone men's game yesterday matched Ft Wayne at Oral Roberts. The Eagles are starting to get some lift under Paul Mills. ORU wins in a solid game 76-60. They are 2-0 in conference. Mabee may be a difficult venue with that quiet 4000 attendance.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  The lone men's game yesterday matched Ft Wayne at Oral Roberts. The Eagles are starting to get some lift under Paul Mills. ORU wins in a solid game 76-60. They are 2-0 in conference. Mabee may be a difficult venue with that quiet 4000 attendance.
                  ORU is an odd team. Has played a tough schedule. Beat Missouri State, won at FGCU, beat IPFW ... but lost at home to Southern Nazarene too.

The Summit is down this year and it'll be a 2 team race.

Comment

A new stupid idea from a fan down south. First choice at lower bowl, mid court tickets should be given to the teams who finished at the top the year before. So a team who finished at the top the year before might suck the next tear. But lets reward them with the best seats.

Comment

LOL if the team down south would have put their big boy pants on and made the move to D-1 they would not be behind in access to the lower level. They need to stop whining. I have LL center court tickets and there are red fans in front and behind me so they can be quiet.

Comment

A new stupid idea from a fan down south. First choice at lower bowl, mid court tickets should be given to the teams who finished at the top the year before. So a team who finished at the top the year before might suck the next tear. But lets reward them with the best seats.
                        And Jacks fans make more noise because people that sit closer to the court cheer more.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          And Jacks fans make more noise because people that sit closer to the court cheer more.
                          Yea, that made me laugh too.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                            LOL if the team down south would have put their big boy pants on and made the move to D-1 they would not be behind in access to the lower level. They need to stop whining. I have LL center court tickets and there are red fans in front and behind me so they can be quiet.
                            Heck, or even just bought tickets when their teams weren't any good. They are the epitome of fair weather fans. They don't attend games when their teams aren't good, but when they are they feel they should be able to get whatever tickets they want. For two years I sat in the upper level and the seats were just fine. You could see the game well and there appears to be a large number of those still available.

It made me laugh that they in one post mocked WIU for only having 550+ people at their women's game against USD, but then they think we need to hold open a bunch of lower level seats for WIU fans... The delusion level is high down south.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              Heck, or even just bought tickets when their teams weren't any good. They are the epitome of fair weather fans. They don't attend games when their teams aren't good, but when they are they feel they should be able to get whatever tickets they want. For two years I sat in the upper level and the seats were just fine. You could see the game well and there appears to be a large number of those still available.

It made me laugh that they in one post mocked WIU for only having 550+ people at their women's game against USD, but then they think we need to hold open a bunch of lower level seats for WIU fans... The delusion level is high down south.
                              I won't argue they are fools. But we better be careful how many stones we throw in a glass house too. We have maybe the best women's team ever, with the best freshman player we have ever seen and we drew 1528 with them begging to sell tickets. Now that's women's, but the men's attendance isn't much better. Times have changed

Comment

Should be an interesting game today with the Bison @ USD at 1. Will we have a 2 horse race or a 3 horse race?

Comment

Working...
                                X