Summit MBB 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit MBB 2017-18

Was pretty cool to turn to ESPN and see Summit (Omaha) vs. Kansas tonight as well as IPFW take down Indiana on the B10 network. Announcers were perplexed that IPFW was preseason 4th in league. Is this the year, or are we getting close to a 2 team year? (In the dance)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
      Was pretty cool to turn to ESPN and see Summit (Omaha) vs. Kansas tonight as well as IPFW take down Indiana on the B10 network. Announcers were perplexed that IPFW was preseason 4th in league. Is this the year, or are we getting close to a 2 team year? (In the dance)
      If some how we could get Duke to join the summit league and miraculously they lost the SLT we would be a 2 bid league.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        If some how we could get Duke to join the summit league and miraculously they lost the SLT we would be a 2 bid league.
        So your saying there's a chance

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          WIU 7-2
          USD 10-3
          SDSU 9-5
          Ft Wayne 7-5
          NDSU 5-5
          Denver 5-7
          ORU 4-9
          Omaha 2-10
          Dec. 16 Stetson 84 Fort Wayne 88 Final
          Fort Wayne, Ind.
          Oral Roberts 83 FGCU 64 Final
          What's with FGCU this year? Rolled by ORU! Is that a big win for ORU? Or is ORU pretty good this year.

Comment

ORU is pounded by Arkansas 104-69.
            WIU edged by EIU 78-77;
            Yotes fall short in comeback at UCLA 84-82 with exciting end.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Leathernecks and Eagles are shot down, but there are some good wins here. Omaha grabs another victory.
              Dec. 21 Fort Wayne 75 Liberty 64 Final
              New Orleans Classic @ ,
              Western Illinois 46 Butler 107 Final
              TV: FSN
              UNC Wilmington 63 North Dakota State 100 Final
              @ EL Paso, Texas (Don Haskins Center)
              Oral Roberts 63 Minnesota 77 Final
              Montana St. 71 Omaha 84 Final
              Northland 42 South Dakota 88 Final
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Mastodons go down to La Tech 85-76.

Bison push over the UTEP Miners 63-51.

USD 12-4
                SDSU 11-5
                WIU 7-4
                IPFW 9-6
                NDSU 7-6
                Denver 5-8
                Omaha 4-11
                ORU 4-11

Comment

UNO losing Tre'Shawn Thurman to Nevada and Seniors Marcus Tyus and Tra-Deon Hollins certainly has hurt (#2, #1, and #3 in scoring, respectively). I know I'll miss that Daum-Thurman match-up. I still remember him waiting with all the students to congratulate Mike following the title game. I hope he'll do well with the Wolf Pack next year.
                  Last edited by peavy; 12-23-2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
                    UNO losing Tre'Shawn Thurman to Nevada and Seniors Marcus Tyus and Tra-Deon Hollins certainly has hurt (#2, #1, and #3 in scoring, respectively). I know I'll miss that Daum-Thurman match-up. I still remember him waiting with all the students to congratulate Mike following the title game. I hope he'll do well with the Wolf Pack next year.
                    Both UNO and ORU have had tougher starts to the season but I get the feeling neither one will be pushovers during the season. ORU's strength of schedule is currently at 35 and UNO is at 75 compared to ours at 111. I have to give them both credit for the difficulty of their OOC schedules. We will have to see if it pays off come conference time.

Comment

The Summit is currently ranked as the 12th best conference by http://www.realtimerpi.com only slightly behind the MAC

Comment

Almost every MBB team has shown that they can step up and have a really good game. Denver beat Wyoming, FW beat Indiana, NDSU and ORU beat Missouri State, USD about beat UCLA. No one is going to run the table this year.

I'd guess that the regular season champ will will probably end up 11-3. Win the games at Frost and get at least 4 of the 7 on the road. I think the Jacks have a decent shot at 12-2 if they get a little luck with avoiding injuries. Things are going really well right now - there has not been a "bad" game since Missouri State. In fact, they've scored 85 or more in every game since. What a difference from last year at the same time.

Comment

We gotta play better defense as a whole or we will lose some games against teams we probably shouldn't. Tevin is great on D but guys like Jenkins are a liability on that end of the floor.

Comment

Ft Wayne outscores DIII Olivet(4-5) 99-93.

Tonight Denver plays DII Colorado Mesa which is an exhibition for CMU.

Tonight's games are likely a result of IUPUI bolting.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              We gotta play better defense as a whole or we will lose some games against teams we probably shouldn't. Tevin is great on D but guys like Jenkins are a liability on that end of the floor.
                              Agreed. Jenkins is really poor defensively. It’s to the point that I’m not sure Nagy would have played him much because of it.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Agreed. Jenkins is really poor defensively. It’s to the point that I’m not sure Nagy would have played him much because of it.
                                You guys must be watching a different guy play than I am?

Comment

Working...
                                X