Summit MBB 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit MBB 2017-18

WIU found Calvary Warriors to replace one of those IUPUI games. Calvary was able to find a few students in the 330 enrollment to put together a basketball team. They compete in the Association of Christian College Athletics. Mastodons and Coyotes have solid wins.

Fort Wayne 67 Ill.-Chicago 51 Final
    Calvary 25 Western Illinois 102 Final
    Grambling 55 South Dakota 84 Final
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

IPFW looked really good against Kentucky early tonight. They were up by 1 right before the end of the 1st half. They shot very well from 3 early which obviously helped. They ended up running out of steam and lost by 19. With Konchar (who is somehow only a Junior) at the helm and some pieces around him, they could be a force to be reckoned with in the Summit League.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        IPFW looked really good against Kentucky early tonight. They were up by 1 right before the end of the 1st half. They shot very well from 3 early which obviously helped. They ended up running out of steam and lost by 19. With Konchar (who is somehow only a Junior) at the helm and some pieces around him, they could be a force to be reckoned with in the Summit League.
        You forgot to talk about their acting skills.
        https://twitter.com/espn/status/933548088958050306
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          You forgot to talk about their acting skills.
          https://twitter.com/espn/status/933548088958050306
          Ha, that's impressive, I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Jesus, he's only a junior? I suppose that's what other teams say about Daum though.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Nov. 24 Tennessee Tech 86 Omaha 85 Final
              Emerald Coast Classic @ Niceville, Fla. (NW Florida State CC)
              Oral Roberts 48 Penn St. 86 Final
              2017 Progressive Legends Classic / TV: BTN+
              Southern Miss. 71 South Dakota 84 Final
              @ Sioux Falls, SD (Sanford Pentagon)
              Denver 71 FGCU 79 Final
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Not a great day for the Summit MBB

USD drops a close one to UNC. Lose by one at the end of game. 63-62
                Iowa St drills WIU 70-45.
                Jackson St 75 Omaha 73
                ETSU 83 Ft Wayne 73

Denver wins over St Francis Brooklyn 60-50
                Bison over Stetson 94-58

Comment

Navy sinks Denver to 2-4. Penquins lose to 6-2 Yotes.
                  Navy 79 Denver 71 Final
                  Homewood Suites FGCU Shootout @ Alico Arena (Fort Myers, FL)
                  Youngstown St. 53 South Dakota 81 Final

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Navy sinks Denver to 2-4. Penquins lose to 6-2 Yotes.
                    Navy 79 Denver 71 Final
                    Homewood Suites FGCU Shootout @ Alico Arena (Fort Myers, FL)
                    Youngstown St. 53 South Dakota 81 Final
                    Sanford and the Pentagon have to be disappointed with the attendance for the weekend. Listed 467 for today, and the three day total was about 2900, which was 2000 less than last year. Was surprised today's crowd was that bad with no Vikings football to compete against.

Comment

I believe there are plenty of tickets for the Missouri State game next Saturday. How many will drive directly from the football game?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I believe there are plenty of tickets for the Missouri State game next Saturday. How many will drive directly from the football game?
                        My guess is more than 467.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          That's my plan!
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

You'd have to think this year's awful attendance might be enough for them to shut down the Pentagon Classic. I thought we represented poorly last year when our team was struggling, but this weekend's numbers are pretty stunning. How much money did they lose on this deal?

I don't know what it is about Sioux Falls ignoring this event. There are over 100,000 people within a few minute's drive and getting 2,500 seems impossible in a fantastic place to watch a game. We have a MIssouri Valley team coming in (remember how much better the Valley is than the Summit?) and would probably do well to get 2,000. You'd think all those years of great basketball in front of big crowds at the SLT would have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              You'd have to think this year's awful attendance might be enough for them to shut down the Pentagon Classic. I thought we represented poorly last year when our team was struggling, but this weekend's numbers are pretty stunning. How much money did they lose on this deal?

I don't know what it is about Sioux Falls ignoring this event. There are over 100,000 people within a few minute's drive and getting 2,500 seems impossible in a fantastic place to watch a game. We have a MIssouri Valley team coming in (remember how much better the Valley is than the Summit?) and would probably do well to get 2,000. You'd think all those years of great basketball in front of big crowds at the SLT would have helped.
                              They should call it the Garth Brooks classic it would sell out in minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

So far in the out of conference schedule against DI teams the Summit is 16-26 and the MVC is 36-16. Summit is ahead 1-0 in head to head with 7 games left mainly against Drake and Missouri State. Omaha and ORU are both still looking for a DI win with not a lot of good opportunities left for either one of them. I will give them both a lot of credit for manning up with aggressive out of conference schedules, but it doesn't do much good if you lose them all. Maybe the competition will help them come conference time, but right now they appear to be RPI drains waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X