Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2017-18

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Because pace of play varies so greatly, points allowed per possession is a more accurate measure of defense than points allowed per game.
    Defensive efficiency rankings:

#60 - USD
    #138 - NDSU
    #210 - SDSU
    #314 - UND

Source: https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...ive-efficiency

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      Because pace of play varies so greatly, points allowed per possession is a more accurate measure of defense than points allowed per game.
      KenPom Rankings of Points per 100 Possessions:

#83 - USD - 98.9
      #92 - NDSU - 99.7
      #130 - SDSU - 103.9
      #189 - Western Ill - 104.5
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So, I think we've established that we have an exceptional offensive team and a below average defensive team.

Call me a relic call me what you will, say I'm old-fashioned and over the hill. When I analyze something and find where the weakest point is and work on that until it isn't a weakness. Defense is that weakness for this team. I don't care if we are "a scoring team", a "big physical B1G team", or a "four corners team. If you are weak on defense then that needs to improve. Sure Jenkins can get better at it and he will. The effort defensively needs to get better from everyone.

Life as a scoring team is great as a scoring team when the rock is going through the hoop. When it isn't you better be able to dig in and show some grit and play some nasty defense or you will get beat soundly. That is what happened against Missouri State. Also, when we played Colorado, they came into the game struggling mightily on offense (28% from field in their previous game) and our lack of defense allowed them to get to the basket for some easy buckets which got them going. If you want to be a great team you can't let that happen. They started rolling and we ran out of gas.

EDIT: Would like to add that I love the fast-paced offense we play now. Always thought we should have done more of it under Nagy when we had the horses. Just don't ask me to believe you can't be good at both ends. That is how you become great!

Like many, I'm in the camp that this team absolutely has the chance to be the best in school history and has the potential to not only make the tournament but win games in it. Play defense with the intensity that we had against Wichita State and it can happen. They played a very tough non-conference schedule which will benefit them in the long run. Now it is time to hunker down and get nasty in the Summit League and show everyone what they are made of. They either will or they won't.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          KenPom Rankings of Points per 100 Possessions:

#83 - USD - 98.9
          #92 - NDSU - 99.7
          #130 - SDSU - 103.9
          #189 - Western Ill - 104.5
          KenPom adjusts for level of competition, unlike the site posted above.

We are an elite offensive team (#1 in the Summit) and an average defensive team (#4 in the Summit).
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

USD 82-71 over Denver as conference begins.

ORU throttles Omaha 93-74 at Tulsa. Golden Eagles shoot 48% to Omaha's 38%. Mavs also outrebounded by 47-38.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Per SF Sports Authority Twitter Account:
              "JUST IN: A limited number of lower level all-session tickets for the 2018 @summithoops Championship to be released to public for sale at 3 p.m. (CT) today! #March2TheSummit | http://bit.ly/2EWoHab

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                "JUST IN: A limited number of lower level all-session tickets for the 2018 @summithoops Championship to be released to public for sale at 3 p.m. (CT) today! #March2TheSummit | http://bit.ly/2EWoHab
                stuff reserved for IUPUI?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I saw this and I have a question for the people that bought both 2018 and 2019 tickets back in early 2017. Were most of the seats in the arena available for purchase at that time? Also, since they sold 2018 and 2019 last year, does that mean they'll wait until 2019 to sell 2020 and 2021? I didn't buy the 2 year pass last year because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go in 2018. However, I want to ensure that I have a chance at buying 2019 and for sure 2020 and 2021, but it seems like by the time they're released, there's next to nothing left.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    I saw this and I have a question for the people that bought both 2018 and 2019 tickets back in early 2017. Were most of the seats in the arena available for purchase at that time? Also, since they sold 2018 and 2019 last year, does that mean they'll wait until 2019 to sell 2020 and 2021? I didn't buy the 2 year pass last year because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go in 2018. However, I want to ensure that I have a chance at buying 2019 and for sure 2020 and 2021, but it seems like by the time they're released, there's next to nothing left.
                    People that had previously purchased all session passes were given the opportunity to buy their seats before sales were opened to the public. I am guessing this will be continued in the future, so taking advantage of this opportunity might be a good idea.

Comment

I'd contact the SF Sports Authority directly to get an exact answer. I am one who re-upped all my seats for 2018 & 2019 when it was offered - making me feeling like I have season tickets down there. Which is AWESOME and I'm very appreciative of! But you are right, by the time the the people like me grab their seats again it seems like nothing is left. You'd want to contact them and ask them how you'd be able to get back in that 2 year rotation. This offer above might be an opportunity to do that. If not, hopefully there is still hope.

Comment

And now the USD fans can get some tickets. They seem to complain they cant get lower level tickets, because we have most of them. Complain no more. Buy up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          People that had previously purchased all session passes were given the opportunity to buy their seats before sales were opened to the public. I am guessing this will be continued in the future, so taking advantage of this opportunity might be a good idea.
                          I hope its continued in the future. Fans to the south seem to think everything should start all over when UND joins. Ive bought all session tickets since it started. I dont want to have to start all over.

Comment

If i remember correctly, i bought mine just a few minutes after they were on sale. I dont think there were any seats left down low. My seats are front row above the handicap area in the southeast corner. I think its the southeast corner, even with the baseline. Oldhare is a few seats down from me. He will correct me if im wrong.

Comment

If you want to sit down low I’d buy first and ask questions later.....

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                If you want to sit down low I’d buy first and ask questions later.....
                                I really like where we are sitting. I dont care as long as im not in the upper level. Ive heard its not a good place for people who are afraid of the high places.

Comment

Working...
                                X