Game Week: Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Southern Illinois

Just counted the seats still available for the game Saturday, I counted just over 3,000 tickets still available. That puts us right around 16,300 sold, ill be happy with anything over 16k. The Jacks need fan support now more than they have in a while. Looking to be a nice day for tailgating and a nice night for a football game.

GBGBGJ!

Comment

Looking forward to the game. should be good weather and will have the family there. Expect the team to play a little better then they did last week. Either way should be a good day.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Matchups that I'm watching: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...-southern.html
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

SIU is trying to policsh running game while holding back the Jackrabbits fast starts.
          http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...04eacfb74.html
          It should also be noted that SIU and SDSU have fewer sacks than any other MVFC teams.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            While it's not a a Matchup per-say I'd really like to see the improvement for TC we've all heard about Not trying to be over critical but it seems like the floated passes and passes behind guys are persistently there form last year. Just an observation. He has the Tools to be an NFL Caliber QB. but it's the things like that which will keep that from happening. Is it foot work, Pressure, or something else entirely? I'm not QB coach so I can only really look at results. TC's arguably Great, but has had some help from 19 & 86. I'd love to see him "on" a whole game (whatever that means).

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              SIU is trying to policsh running game while holding back the Jackrabbits fast starts.
              http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...04eacfb74.html
              It should also be noted that SIU and SDSU have fewer sacks than any other MVFC teams.
              SIU starts three redshirt freshmen and a sophomore and their subs are freshmen. They are very inexperienced so our offensive line should have no problems with them. Their MLB is the player to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                While it's not a a Matchup per-say I'd really like to see the improvement for TC we've all heard about Not trying to be over critical but it seems like the floated passes and passes behind guys are persistently there form last year. Just an observation. He has the Tools to be an NFL Caliber QB. but it's the things like that which will keep that from happening. Is it foot work, Pressure, or something else entirely? I'm not QB coach so I can only really look at results. TC's arguably Great, but has had some help from 19 & 86. I'd love to see him "on" a whole game (whatever that means).
                Agreed, I am hoping he comes out on fire. I heard form several sources how much improved Taryn was this off season. I hope he goes off. On the other side I'd like to see Rozeboom pick off a pass. This seems like an opportunity for him with this offense this week. There are several accounts of #2 doing this in practice quite regularly and we saw him do it in games last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  Agreed, I am hoping he comes out on fire. I heard form several sources how much improved Taryn was this off season. I hope he goes off. On the other side I'd like to see Rozeboom pick off a pass. This seems like an opportunity for him with this offense this week. There are several accounts of #2 doing this in practice quite regularly and we saw him do it in games last year.
                  In terms of Rozeboom INT, it was shocking to me that he dropped that one last week before halftime. That's a play he makes when given the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    In terms of Rozeboom INT, it was shocking to me that he dropped that one last week before halftime. That's a play he makes when given the opportunity.
                    No doubt, I suspect there's going to be a little extra sauce in his step this week...channeling my inner Costas, maybe Kane can add that in to his "saucemosis" bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                      Just counted the seats still available for the game Saturday, I counted just over 3,000 tickets still available. That puts us right around 16,300 sold, ill be happy with anything over 16k. The Jacks need fan support now more than they have in a while. Looking to be a nice day for tailgating and a nice night for a football game.

GBGBGJ!
                      The count is down to around 2600 now. So quite a few sold today. Of course the 16000 count above assumes 4000 or so students show up. Their attendance was good for the first two games.
                      Last edited by Rabbit74; 10-06-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        The count is down to around 2600 now. So quite a few sold today. Of course the 16000 count above assumes 4000 or so students show up. There attendance was good for the first two games.

With a three day weekend just before hobo week, I'd be surprised if there are more than 2000 students there tomorrow. If that turns out to be true, that would put us at about 14500+, right? Still not bad for at all for a three day weekend. And if it is a good student turnout, that would have to put us close to 17000, which would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          With a three day weekend just before hobo week, I'd be surprised if there are more than 2000 students there tomorrow. If that turns out to be true, that would put us at about 14500+, right? Still not bad for at all for a three day weekend. And if it is a good student turnout, that would have to put us close to 17000, which would be fantastic.
                          When I drove by east edge of campus, 22nd Ave, I noticed a “Welcome Dads” sign. Attendance should get a bump out of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            When I drove by east edge of campus, 22nd Ave, I noticed a “Welcome Dads” sign. Attendance should get a bump out of that.
                            Yep, it is "Dad's Weekend" this weekend. Didn't talk to many students who were going home. It's too wet to harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              I think you’re dead on. TC hasn’t been bad by any stretch, but he hasn’t been really sharp on his accuracy, especially on his deep throws to Jake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Was probably going to be at this game, but my daughter has the flu so we won’t be making it unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X