Game Week: Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: Southern Illinois

Move forward Monday...time to get ready for the Salukis. Last year it ended up being an air attack throughout as the Rabbits came away victorious in the end. This is a game we SHOULD win. After last week there are many questions to be answered. Mainly, how does this team respond? I'm thinking they come out on fire and we see a similar game as what we gave Western Illinois last year.

Re: Game Week: Southern Illinois

Here is my preview: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...s-salukis.html

Here is the video preview with Tyler and Stig: https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/914903459203371010
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Time for a bounce back performance. They have it in them.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        If we call the same defense we did last year I see a similar game to what happened last year. Shoot out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

The only MVFC team that I will ever cheer for, wearing yellow and blue, takes the field this Saturday and I plan to be in the stands. We left a basket or more of eggs in Youngstown, so it’s time to move on. The first drive except for fumble was excellent. Goedert a 9 man walk on has done so many great things in career at SDSU, that he is entitled to laying everyone an egg with that fumble. I hope none of NFL scouts were in the crowd, but they probably were. They no doubt were impressed with his completed pass in the TD drive. The momentum of game favored YSU. Enough said.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-02-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Coach - How are you feeling about this game?

Your premonitions have been pretty accurate so far this season.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Hopefully that solid punter referenced in your blog post gets considerable punting practice on Sat. (including one that's blocked and returned for a TD).

Once again, I'm a fan of your predicted score.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Hopefully that solid punter referenced in your blog post gets considerable punting practice on Sat. (including one that's blocked and returned for a TD).

Once again, I'm a fan of your predicted score.
                I'm also good with #11 taking one back to the house, he's deserving and due. And while I think Mikey needs to get more carries, I have a feeling Brady will have a good game. Maybe not in terms of lots of carries and yards but all purpose yards. Like 50-60 rushing and 40 receiving. I'll go on record as well with Goedert having a monster game, 150+ yards and at least 3 scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                  Coach - How are you feeling about this game?

Your premonitions have been pretty accurate so far this season.
                  Well, I was WAY off on Duqesne!

I think they are going to bounce back well. Hopefully we can get some pressure because the DB's can't cover all day. I expect the offense to bounce back in a big way.

Comment

Below is a link Zim's most recent article. I felt that it was an accurate assessment of the teams performance to date. It also injected a sense of urgency to figure out why they aren't performing up to expectations. The longer they continue to sputter, the more likely they won't become the team everyone thought they would be. I think it is was a well-written, fair article.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ned/727343001/

I have faith that this is the week that we start to see the great team that we have.

Comment

I expect to see the team fired up and putting the hammer down on the Salukis. If the team comes out flat I am afraid that this board may melt down.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

What will the defense do this week is the key. SIU Qb hasn’t been sacked. Protection must be good, quick release and quick routes. How will the secondary cover since pressure will be an issue? If they give ten yards on the receivers it will be a long day. Stop the pass! No confusion, talk and tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                          What will the defense do this week is the key. SIU Qb hasn’t been sacked. Protection must be good, quick release and quick routes. How will the secondary cover since pressure will be an issue? If they give ten yards on the receivers it will be a long day. Stop the pass! No confusion, talk and tackle.
                          He's been sacked once but not in the last three games. They return three starters and are big.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            I expect to see the team fired up and putting the hammer down on the Salukis. If the team comes out flat I am afraid that this board may melt down.
                            As it should. If we don’t want all those tickets to get sold to Bison fans for Nov 4th by the casual fan, we better make a statement here, god forbid what it would do if we lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

So the Youngstown thread continues to live on..I'm ready to move on. I'm looking for the offense to come out and light it up, similar to the western Illinois game last year. The D will feed off of it and this team gets it swagger back. I think we see at least 1 pick 6 and my guess is it's Zy Mosley finding paydirt. Weather looks to be perfect for fall FB with a light to moderate breeze. Hard to believe that this could be a defining game for the season already but it is. GO BIG! GO BLUE!! GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X