Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ YSU Flightless Birds

You mean,we still have a chance ?
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-30-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      This defense did what it eas asked to do...bend but don't break. The offense looked like it usually does in big games.

Well, at least we won't have to worry about having to prep the stadium for more than 1 home playoff game.
      You're right, the defense did what it was asked to do. Play soft zones until you get in the red zone where teams don't have enough room to spread you out and you get lucky that they make mistakes and don't beat us by 30. The score of that game was much closer than it actually was.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        You're right, the defense did what it was asked to do. Play soft zones until you get in the red zone where teams don't have enough room to spread you out and you get lucky that they make mistakes and don't beat us by 30. The score of that game was much closer than it actually was.
        This

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't want to say I called it but figured this game would not go well. Hopefully this is the turning point for them. Maybe stop talking about guys going to NFL and national champ. Maybe just win a conference game first. Right now we look bottom half of the conference for sure. Our offense was embarrassing. We have like an all conference talent on line and skill positions but we can get maybe 200 yards and 1 td. That's embarrassing for 2 weeks of prep work. What was the final top?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
            Stig's interview "I think our offense did some good things."
            Besides not giving up a sack and moving the ball on the first two possessions, was there anything else?!?
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

This was domination on both sides of the ball. YSU may very well be a title contender but it still shows that the Jack's are not. That is the problem.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Our defense was good enough to win the game for sure. Bad tackling on special teams and offense who took the day off was what I saw. D didn't give up when it would have been easy too. If these D gives up less then 20 we should win easily.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

For anyone that listened to the post game... Did Stig give an explanation for not calling timeouts on that last drive? To me, that's completely inexcusable. You were down 2 scores, your defense was absolutely gassed from being on the field 3/4 of the game. Was he trying to send a message? That's literally the only explanation I can see and it's a poor one. You wait until after the game to send a message. You do everything that you can to win the game. He did not do that by taking 3 timeouts back home.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Don't want to say I called it but figured this game would not go well. Hopefully this is the turning point for them. Maybe stop talking about guys going to NFL and national champ. Maybe just win a conference game first. Right now we look bottom half of the conference for sure. Our offense was embarrassing. We have like an all conference talent on line and skill positions but we can get maybe 200 yards and 1 td. That's embarrassing for 2 weeks of prep work. What was the final top?
                    Final TOP was 45:14 for YSU and 14:46 for SDSU. Men against boys.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Besides not giving up a sack and moving the ball on the first two possessions, was there anything else?!?
                      Maybe it's just me but I feel more rants then raves should be in order for this week's write up.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Our defense was good enough to win the game for sure. Bad tackling on special teams and offense who took the day off was what I saw. D didn't give up when it would have been easy too. If these D gives up less then 20 we should win easily.
                        No, the defense wasn't good enough. We got our @$$es handed to us in all phases of the game.

Comment

If Zim's stats are correct, we had the ball for 11:10 in the first half. According to the final stats on ESPN we had the ball for 14:46. Help me with my math but that means we held the ball for 3:36 the entire 2nd half?!? Have you ever even heard of that before?

Comment

Well, now that "Improvement Week" is behind us...
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

From what I saw tonight, how about we just re-name this thread "GDT: @ Bizun - Playoff Edition" and call it a season? Otherwise we're going to be typing the same comments a few months from now.

If our defense can't get off the field our high powered offense can't go to work. That's the formula to beat us. YSU showed us the blueprint tonight, the same blueprint that NDSU has used against us for years and years. No stop runnie = no winnie.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                I would say the defense made plays in the red zone. Saying they got "lucky" belittles the fact they stepped up when asked. The same cannot be said of the offense.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X