Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @ YSU Flightless Birds

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    What about YSU makes you think they are better than Montana St?

I'm asking these things because other than the pass rush, there is little about YSU that scares me. I think our offensive line is pretty good. YSU will get a few sacks but overall I think we pick their young/inexperienced secondary apart. As I have said repeatedly this week, their defense hasn't played a competent, let alone complex offense like ours this season. Our defense can stop the run, especially if Soulek is back. If Wells is healthy, their pass offense concerns me because they are more balanced, not because they are excellent at passing. I think we win if we score 27 points.

SDSU hasn't really "fired on all cylinders" yet. Why not today? Typically the letdown game has been later in the season. ILLINOIS ST. last year and WIU two years ago.
    This kind of hubris is exactly what leads to crazy fire Stig posts during the game...

A few things that make YSU better than Montana State (who we BARELY beat, btw)

-They played in the national championship game last year
    -They have a coach who has proven success at the FBS level, and has dramatically improved YSU in a short time
    -YSU is a top 5 team in the rankings
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm asking these things because other than the pass rush, there is little about YSU that scares me. I think our offensive line is pretty good. YSU will get a few sacks but overall I think we pick their young/inexperienced secondary apart. As I have said repeatedly this week, their defense hasn't played a competent, let alone complex offense like ours this season. Our defense can stop the run, especially if Soulek is back. If Wells is healthy, their pass offense concerns me because they are more balanced, not because they are excellent at passing. I think we win if we score 27 points.

SDSU hasn't really "fired on all cylinders" yet. Why not today? Typically the letdown game has been later in the season. ILLINOIS ST. last year and WIU two years ago.
      No offense but why the hell would our defense do better against a more complex offense? That makes less than zero sense. I don’t see how this is the game we click on all cylinders. If we can’t vs freaking Drake I doubt we do vs a real team,
      Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Simply because I'm a casual fan fed a STEADY diet of "the MVFC is the best football conference the world!" propaganda. Therefore YSU must be better than MSU - as silly as that sounds.
      You’re not wrong. YSU is better than MSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        No offense but why the hell would our defense do better against a more complex offense? That makes less than zero sense. I don’t see how this is the game we click on all cylinders. If we can’t vs freaking Drake I doubt we do vs a real team,

You’re not wrong. YSU is better than MSU.

You misread. YSU hasn't faced a complex, pass first offense yet this year.

The starting offense scored on every possession against Drake.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          This kind of hubris is exactly what leads to crazy fire Stig posts during the game...

A few things that make YSU better than Montana State (who we BARELY beat, btw)

-They played in the national championship game last year
          -They have a coach who has proven success at the FBS level, and has dramatically improved YSU in a short time
          -YSU is a top 5 team in the rankings
          And lost most of their defense and starting running backs.
          Who hasn't beaten SDSU since being at YSU and struggled with us while at Nebraska.
          Sure. So are we.

The main point is, we don't know much about this team, or really ourselves, because of the competition we have played so far this year. Just saying "because... let down game." Is a **** reason to pick against the Jacks.

The pessimism around this place sucks. What's it going to take for you folks to believe this year?
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Who hasn't beaten SDSU since being at YSU and struggled with us while at Nebraska.
            Sure. So are we.

The main point is, we don't know much about this team, or really ourselves, because of the competition we have played so far this year. Just saying "because... let down game." Is a **** reason to pick against the Jacks.

The pessimism around this place sucks. What's it going to take for you folks to believe this year?

I think this game is the answer to your question.

Comment

Sure. So are we.

I believe in this team. But I'm also able to respect their opponents. I would love to see us blow their doors off, but I also know there is good chance this is a close game.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Sure. So are we.

Not losing a game to a crap team.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I just worry that if fans think national championship or bust, might have a hard time at the end of the year. not calling anyone out on that, just my general observation. I think we have great talent, but the defense has to grow a lot during the conference to prove they can win a national championship. I expect us to win but also think that Youngstown would love to make up for now they played in brookings last year.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I am stuck at work and its slow and feels like its dragging to get to game time.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm not sure who is better between Montana State and Youngstown State, but I'm 100% Bobcat Stadium is a significantly tougher place to play than Stamsbaugh.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Good Vibes, give it to Mikey !

Comment

Anyone know if the game is on Direct TV?? We're watching every other game in the nation at a Buddies but don't see our game listed.
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

There is no doubt we can win this game with the weapons we have, and I believe we will 20-30 jacks. Our D-line needs to control the line of scrimmage and make them one dementional and then get a pass rush. On offense we need to get up quick like last year and make them catch us.
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Apparently we have an awesome receiver named Jeff Winky. I must not be paying attention.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Big fumble by Goedert inside the YSU 10. YSU Recovers.

Geodert was holding the ball out; Must have thought he was closer to the goal line.

Comment

Working...
                                X