Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phone Reception

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    I havent had any phone call issues, but looking on safari or anything else is bad. People will just have to put their phones away and watch football( oh no what will I do with out my phone ��). I see it as a good thing. I use a IPhone 7
    10 years ago, I would have agreed with you.

However, my current opinion is that SDSU is missing out on a ton of free advertising by having poor internet in the stadium. It is a poor gameday experience for too.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

We are on the east side and internet browsing and trying to send picture texts is nearly impossible. The larger the crowd, the worse it is. So yes, our stadium needs boosters that help with this issue. Other large venues have gotten better in this regard over the years, DJD has not unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        We are on the east side and internet browsing and trying to send picture texts is nearly impossible. The larger the crowd, the worse it is. So yes, our stadium needs boosters that help with this issue. Other large venues have gotten better in this regard over the years, DJD has not unfortunately.
        Small cell sites. Verizons latest go to thing. I've Worked on about a dozen in Sioux Falls and anticipate many more in the near future. DJD needs to become one. Google it.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I’ve changed my mind about this. They need to do something about the reception. I don’t send (regularly) tweets, snaps, Facebook pics, etc, but many college students do and many other people do, too. It only adds to the experience. Think of all the people who may take a picture and put it on social media. That’s free advertising and when a family sees that it only reminds them that they’re “missing out” by not being at the game. I think this is something they need to address.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm on Straighttalk (at&t) and I never have an issue in the stadium. I posted sevetal times last night during the game. I don't ever try to connect to the wifi. I'm always using data, but yes, if there's an issue, it definitely needs to be addressed.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I'm on Straighttalk (at&t) and I never have an issue in the stadium. I posted sevetal times last night during the game. I don't ever try to connect to the wifi. I'm always using data, but yes, if there's an issue, it definitely needs to be addressed.
              I did not attend the first two home games, but last night I found I did not have priority parking hangers so a quick trip to the ticket office should fix that tomorrow. I have not had any calls so I dont know if phone reception is good, bad or indifferent. Whoever gets the revenue from parking has to be doing good. It cost me ten bucks to park in the Briggs Library last night.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I have Verizon. The data connectivity is terrible. I haven’t been able to check other FB scores since 2011.

Comment

I encourage you (and others) to write and express yourself regarding the lack of reception to our administration.

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I’ve changed my mind about this. They need to do something about the reception. I don’t send (regularly) tweets, snaps, Facebook pics, etc, but many college students do and many other people do, too. It only adds to the experience. Think of all the people who may take a picture and put it on social media. That’s free advertising and when a family sees that it only reminds them that they’re “missing out” by not being at the game. I think this is something they need to address.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
                    I encourage you (and others) to write and express yourself regarding the lack of reception to our administration.
                    I second this. You don't attract future students, fans or bright young staff members by having a crappy telecommunications infrastructure. SDSU should be a leader on this front, not a dragger.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      I second this. You don't attract future students, fans or bright young staff members by having a crappy telecommunications infrastructure. SDSU should be a leader on this front, not a dragger.
                      Really? plus they are missing out on revenue by not having anyone selling programs on the club level.

Comment

Throw in the fact that they are encouraging everyone to tweet and facebook how great if a time they are having at SDSU events and wonderful facilities we have. I tried sending a tweet about 4 times and got frustrated never mind the crappy texting and calls. It isn't much better inside Frost.

Comment

I've always had data issues at CAS/DJD. Always had the same issues at Memorial Stadium here in Lincoln, but more understandable with 90,000 butts in seats vs 10,000-16,000. The university made it a priority to get it fixed, citing it as a fan-experience issue. It took them a few years and a few million $$$, but I went to a game here a few weeks ago, and had absolutely no issues with data transfer.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            AT&T works great on the east side!
                            And the West Side as well!

Comment

AT&T works well for me on the west side.
                              I should add that I'm on my data plan when using the phone in the stadium.
                              Last edited by JackJD; 10-09-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

We have an event in our town that draws a lot of visitors for several days. There are portable cell towers that are brought in on trailers. They telescope up several feet into the air to augment cell service during our event. I don't know the logistics of such an action as to whether bringing one for several one day events is practical, but it would be nice if Verizon would consider it.
                                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                                X