Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phone Reception

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Really? plus they are missing out on revenue by not having anyone selling programs on the club level.
    I’ve have always been able to purchase program on club level. They are usually stationed by the elevators.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      I’ve have always been able to purchase program on club level. They are usually stationed by the elevators.
      Not this time, I went down stairs and bitched about it and the next thing I knew someone handed me a free program. Something about a squeaky wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        We have an event in our town that draws a lot of visitors for several days. There are portable cell towers that are brought in on trailers. They telescope up several feet into the air to augment cell service during our event. I don't know the logistics of such an action as to whether bringing one for several one day events is practical, but it would be nice if Verizon would consider it.
        I have AT&T and my coverage is spotty and slow at best on the west side, granted I sit midfield 9 rows up so I'm in a densely populated area.

I believe Midco uses a portable wifi tower at the SD state fair, I would think for the home games they should be able to get a portable tower on site to up the wifi strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Throw in the fact that they are encouraging everyone to tweet and facebook how great if a time they are having at SDSU events and wonderful facilities we have. I tried sending a tweet about 4 times and got frustrated never mind the crappy texting and calls. It isn't much better inside Frost.
          Correct. Not a big deal to me, but I bet my wife would have taken a couple of pictures of the family and put it on Facebook. I think they’re missing out on some free advertisement. Marketing people would know more.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think you're exactly right here 08. Real time social media showing people having a great time on campus would definitely generate lots more interest. The only thing that would generate more interest is winning games.

Comment

Phone reception was great for me in the 2nd half last week. I think our problem solved itself ....

(too soon?)

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Phone reception was great for me in the 2nd half last week. I think our problem solved itself ....

(too soon?)
                I was just thinking this when I saw the title and all the talk about everyone leaving the stadium the 2nd half....you answered that question,thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  I was just thinking this when I saw the title and all the talk about everyone leaving the stadium the 2nd half....you answered that question,thank you.
                  Why do you need cellphones at the game? You should be watching the game and not on the phone.

Comment

Why do you need cellphones at the game? You should be watching the game and not on the phone.
                    Yes ...but you have to tell everyone you're at the game....don't you know,LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Yes ...but you have to tell everyone you're at the game....don't you know,LOL
                      Oh gosh I forgot.

Comment

Texting family friends who couldnt be there what the score is. Which hasnt been a problem. Looking on an app to check other scores in college football, when there is a timeout. Which has been a problem. Taking pictures and trying to put them on facebook. Which has been a problem.

Comment

If the university is promoting using a hashtag on the video board, then they should verify that the cell service is good enough to implement use of said hash tag.

From what I read, SDSU is doing that and thus need to ensure that service is provided. Social media is a big marketing deal for any company in this day and age.
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                            If the university is promoting using a hashtag on the video board, then they should verify that the cell service is good enough to implement use of said hash tag.

From what I read, SDSU is doing that and thus need to ensure that service is provided. Social media is a big marketing deal for any company in this day and age.
                            Ever wonder why they cycle the same 5 pictures through every time they promote that... might be because the majority of fans can't get good enough reception to post anything...
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Ever wonder why they cycle the same 5 pictures through every time they promote that... might be because the majority of fans can't get good enough reception to post anything...
                              Unfortunately, I haven't made it to a game since Hobo Day 2015. Even then, my back was to the video board, so I wouldn't know what they were showing most of the time.
                              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
                              X