Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Reception

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Has anyone else experienced really, really bad reception at games? My phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) is basically unusable. Can't make calls, text, use shapchat, facebook, or twitter.

Everything worked fine before and after the game.

If others have had the same issue, this seems like a pretty major problem. Both from an emergency standpoint (seconds count if someone has a heart attack in the stands), from a marketing standpoint (I would probably send several snaps or status updates throughout the course of the game), and from overall fan experience (I want to see what my friends are up to who are at the game).

Is my experience unique?
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Phone Reception

I sit on the west side and I have occasional signal for internet.. I am attributing this to the stadium structure blocking my Verizon signal. I do not use the public wifi in the stadium as it is very slow. I have no reception for internet use on the phone. I am not sure of the phone/text situation. I have the Samsung 7.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Galaxy S7 on the northeast side of the stadium in front of the visitor section I get to the three bars on Cricket (runs on AT&T)and have slow but not bad internet. It is also likely an issue with overloading of the Tower with the density of the cell phones in one location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Your problem is that there are 15,000 people all in a very close vicinity, causing the signal to be garbage.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-ma...er-bowl-2016-2
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Agreed this is a painful issue but is one that SDSU and verizon will have to work on. 15,000 people is a large group but there are bigger stadiums with more people and less issues so there must be a solution.

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Sorry if this has been discussed.

Has anyone else experienced really, really bad reception at games? My phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) is basically unusable. Can't make calls, text, use shapchat, facebook, or twitter.

Everything worked fine before and after the game.

If others have had the same issue, this seems like a pretty major problem. Both from an emergency standpoint (seconds count if someone has a heart attack in the stands), from a marketing standpoint (I would probably send several snaps or status updates throughout the course of the game), and from overall fan experience (I want to see what my friends are up to who are at the game).

Is my experience unique?

Comment

From what I hear, the campus as a whole needs to significantly improve its infrastructure for handling electronic communications. 15,000 people at a football game should not be a problem, not these days.
            This space for lease.

Comment

I think about three years ago, Montana was having a similar issue in their stadium and they paid to have upgrades done on their reception infastructure within the stadium to increase reception and Wi fi strength. Can't remember how much it cost, but they certainly figured something out.

Comment

I had huge issues on Verizon, but with At&t, I have pretty good luck using data. Probably because most people have Verizon. I completely agree that something needs to be done, as I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to use your phone.

Comment

I had major issues too. I don’t send pics, etc but I wanted to check other scores.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

AT&T works great on the east side!
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

The brookings children museum is bad. inside you cant even make a call. outside the building I got like 1 bar maybe. I figured its brookings doesn't have the infrastructure for it. I thought when they build the stadium they took into consideration wifi and stuff like that to enhance the game experience? I know last game I was sending messages to friends about it and after a few minutes of frustration I figured I will just have to wait till we were in the parking lot headed home.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Don't they make repeaters,devices that take a weak signal,amplify it and pass it along.Maybe those would get overloaded too if too many called all at once. I'm sure there's a solution but cost has to be weighed too I suppose.Maybe it will happen as more funds become available.Also,wasn't the Denny in Sioux Falls fitted with equipment for just this type of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          I had major issues too. I don’t send pics, etc but I wanted to check other scores.
                          Was going to mention that my issues have been when trying to browse online (mostly to see if UNI, USD, or NDSU lost). I've never had an issue sending/receiving texts, and I've never really had a call while at game (maybe folks know I wouldn't answer it).

To clarify, I have Verizon too.

Comment

I lived without a cell or mobile phone for 22 years of my life. It was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I havent had any phone call issues, but looking on safari or anything else is bad. People will just have to put their phones away and watch football( oh no what will I do with out my phone &#128553. I see it as a good thing. I use a IPhone 7
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                              X