• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scandels at the NCAA basketball

The body count will rise quickly.

Comment

It's going to get really nasty and messy in college basketball in the next couple of days. Feel bad for some of the players that will get their eligibility taken away. The recruited players who were involved could potentially sue the university also.

Comment

Remember the good ole days,when the almighty NCAA would give a program a year on probation for buying a student athlete a meal. How ludicrous those days seem in light of all that's happened the last 2 days.

Comment

Re: Scandals at the NCAA basketball

Thread title corrected, but if you're replying to a comment other than this one, you're on your own.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Alabama does a quick internal investigation of the men's basketball program and finds no wrong doing what so ever BUT accepts the resignation of the director of basketball operations? People are a bit jittery.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Thread title corrected, but if you're replying to a comment other than this one, you're on your own.
              Thank you.

Comment

Miami has received official notice that it's under FBI investigation, per release.

(Also, my apologies to those who had to endure the misspelled word in the title, but as with many things in life-the mistake had to be fixed by a higher power!)
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This is another change in a SEC conference kickoff for the season.

The SEC has cancelled its scheduled coaches meetings today in Birmingham, per a source.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    From what I have read, Pitino must be given 10 days notice before he can be fired for "just cause", or Louisville must pay a penalty. Once that 10 days is up, he is gone.
                    Penalty, as in the $44.4 million remaining on his contract is what I've read.

Nike now has been served.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      Penalty, as in the $44.4 million remaining on his contract is what I've read.

Nike now has been served.
                      The time may be right for a comeback of the Keds High Tops.

Comment

Making the big bucks has its perils, so Ricky is finding out. He may need the 44 million for lawyer fees.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 09-28-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what this does to recruiting. The UNC/Duke/Kansas/Kentucky's of the world will still get theirs, but it seems that a lot of this money went to programs that were on that next tear trying to move up. Do the rich get richer (no pun intended) when these recruits are being paid by these other schools?
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The issue here is there are already 6 assistant coaches linked to 2 situations (1 apparel, 1 shoe) I'm guessing they weren't bidding against themselves. They have already issued a subpoena for Nike (who has not been named) and raided an agents office. As the ESPN article stated, this isn't the mafia where if you are dead if you talk. Are these assistant college coaches really willing to risk jail time to keep quiet?

What is the spiderweb effect of this situation. Who know what and who was involved with who over the past 10 years?

Comment

Assistant coach Padgett seems to have the nod.
                              https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...d-rick-pitino/
                              U of L president Dr. Greg Postel says interim coach coming this afternoon. AD next week. All signs point to David Padgett.

Comment

I love it when powerful people find out maybe they aren't so powerful after all, there's a certain amount of arrogance about them I have disdain for and find it distasteful ,some not all, I admire people who are powerful yet can remain respectful and have compassion. I've always been for the "little guy", but that's just an inherent quality i'm stuck with, like it or not. I just don't like Pitino ,hope he gets his. Not very Christian I know, but we all have our human weaknesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X