Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scandels at the NCAA basketball

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    The issue here is there are already 6 assistant coaches linked to 2 situations (1 apparel, 1 shoe) I'm guessing they weren't bidding against themselves. They have already issued a subpoena for Nike (who has not been named) and raided an agents office. As the ESPN article stated, this isn't the mafia where if you are dead if you talk. Are these assistant college coaches really willing to risk jail time to keep quiet?

What is the spiderweb effect of this situation. Who know what and who was involved with who over the past 10 years?
    I think they're gambling on the situation looks worse now than what the eventual outcome of it all will be later.I hope they're wrong.I hope since this is the golden opportunity to clean up college athletics ,it should be pursued and carried out with dogged persistence and every leaf turned over and every criminal prosecuted.I hope it's not just a token gesture and done half way and then forgotten

Comment

Pitino's goodbye statement....I am not a crook.
      https://scout.com/college/louisville...n-th-108170843
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Does anyone remember the Movie Blue Chips? Featuring Nick Nolte and a number of big stars from college then and NBA stars like Shack? The AD of this fictional school was played by Bob Cousy and he played the part very well. He was a typical AD with his head in the sand and did not know about all the bad things going on right in front of his nose and did not have the courage to deal with them. Bob should have gotten a Oscar for his role. Nick was the well meaning coach, who got sucked in by a big booster who was fixing games. I do off hand know the actor name that played the booster. What is ironic about this movie is that I mentioned that I had seen this movie to then Coach Brad Soderberg, and his reaction was "Is this movie for real?" I said it was and at the time we were D2 and so far away from anything corrupt so I suppose it did seem unreal to the coach, but it seems like it has just taken place in Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Does anyone remember the Movie Blue Chips? Featuring Nick Nolte and a number of big stars from college then and NBA stars like Shack? The AD of this fictional school was played by Bob Cousy and he played the part very well. He was a typical AD with his head in the sand and did not know about all the bad things going on right in front of his nose and did not have the courage to deal with them. Bob should have gotten a Oscar for his role. Nick was the well meaning coach, who got sucked in by a big booster who was fixing games. I do off hand know the actor name that played the booster. What is ironic about this movie is that I mentioned that I had seen this movie to then Coach Brad Soderberg, and his reaction was "Is this movie for real?" I said it was and at the time we were D2 and so far away from anything corrupt so I suppose it did seem unreal to the coach, but it seems like it has just taken place in Louisville.
          J.T. Walsh played the role of the booster. The movie was made in 1994. He played the role of Happy Kuykendell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._Walsh

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            How ironic that Rick Pitino made an appearance in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              How ironic that Rick Pitino made an appearance in the movie.
              Yes there were several cameo appearances, including Dick Vitale and of course Ricky Pitino.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Pitino's goodbye statement....I am not a crook.
                https://scout.com/college/louisville...n-th-108170843
                Ala Richard Milhous Nixon ....aka "Tricky Dickey" Nixon

Comment

This kind of talk could get another mid major or two into the tournament. There seems to be serious speculation that Pitino may have had some knowledge of the shoe money. The young man involved in the bidding that reached $100K will not likely play college hoops.
                  https://www.fanragsports.com/rothste...at-louisville/
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Pitino officially fired as HC at Louisville.
                    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Working...
                    X