Is UMKC coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is UMKC coming back?

MVC team to the Elite 8, but no way a move to that conference would be a step up. “Eye roll”

I don’t think we need to worry about it as we don’t have the program to compete in the MVC anyway.

I’m sure that’s the take Zimmer and all the other SF homers will take to try and save some face anyways.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Augie in the Summit? Somebody get me a barf bag...Also the MVC is in a completely different galaxy than the Summit and nothing is going to change that.

Too much dead weight in the Summit, fortunately the Horizon took on some of it but WIU and IPFW put nothing into MBB and then we have three hockey schools.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        MVC team to the Elite 8, but no way a move to that conference would be a step up. “Eye roll”

I don’t think we need to worry about it as we don’t have the program to compete in the MVC anyway.

I’m sure that’s the take Zimmer and all the other SF homers will take to try and save some face anyways.
        Among the things that need to happen to make SDSU a legitimate MVC candidate is for about a thousand more of that 8,000 in yellow & blue who show up for the SLT to make Frost Arena a habit all through the rest of the basketball season.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          Augie in the Summit? Somebody get me a barf bag...Also the MVC is in a completely different galaxy than the Summit and nothing is going to change that.

Too much dead weight in the Summit, fortunately the Horizon took on some of it but WIU and IPFW put nothing into MBB and then we have three hockey schools.
          MVC is hardly in another stratosphere than Summit anymore. I would take Augie and their fan support and facilities over any other school being considered. I think their Mens and Womens basketball coaches are top notch and would have them competing very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
            Yeh, how many teams need 500 equipment managers? LOL

I think Augie moving up to Div 1 is a pipe dream that is at the least 10 years away. There is certainly the money in Sioux Falls to get them their, but it will take a while to get it rounded up.
            Might be more than that. Most rich people in SF are not Norwegian nor Lutheran and could care less about a Augie game day. They need some big help financially in order to make this fly. The ones that care most are Craig and Bob from KWSN and if they were rich, they would not be doing daily radio shows.

Having talent is one thing, having financial resources is very much another factor and that appears to be cost prohibitive. Not much as changed since former AD Bill Gross did his study for consideration of moving up to D1. There just was no way for them to do it then and it is still a mountain to climb. And there are no more Schillings to build around. A cost of one full ride has to be at least 50,000 dollars, and multiply that by 63 and your cost for scholarship football is $3,150,000. Would Bob Hall be happy with the Pioneer League? Maybe! Scheduling for basketball will not be easy either. So the two insitituions that are one hour from SF have found out.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              MVC is hardly in another stratosphere than Summit anymore. I would take Augie and their fan support and facilities over any other school being considered. I think their Mens and Womens basketball coaches are top notch and would have them competing very quickly.
              When is the last time a Summit school was in the Elite Eight? Sweet 16? Fortunately Saul got the Bison into the round of 32 or things would be looking bleak when it comes to tangible tournament success over the past decade. Some of you Rabbits need to step out of this fantasy world and wake up the reality that the MVC is smacking us around and has been for a long time.

The Summit is what it is and Augie won't change that, just another mouth to feed that brings zero back to the league. You want to change the league and compete with the MVC...better call up GCU and NMSU. UMKC, Augie, UNC....not moving any needles.

Comment

When is the last time a Summit school was in the Elite Eight? Sweet 16? Fortunately Saul got the Bison into the round of 32 or things would be looking bleak when it comes to tangible tournament success over the past decade. Some of you Rabbits need to step out of this fantasy world and wake up the reality that the MVC is smacking us around.

The Summit is what it is and Augie won't change that, just another mouth to feed that brings zero back to the league. You want to change the league and compete with the MVC...better call up GCU and NMSU. UMKC, Augie, UNC....not moving any needles.
                Unfortunately neither of your teams are moving any needles either. Be nice to have UND join who actually seems to care about basketball.

Comment

Unfortunately neither of your teams are moving any needles either. Be nice to have UND join who actually seems to care about basketball.
                  Are we talking about the same school that gave Brian Jones an extension or is there is a different UND I don't know about? Maybe five people in that city even realize that UND has basketball team, which is good for Jones.

Also for as bad as irrelevant as NDSU is at hoops, oddly we still lead the league in the attendance.

Comment

Are we talking about the same school that gave Brian Jones an extension or is there is a different UND I don't know about? Maybe five people in that city even realize that UND has basketball team, which is good for Jones.
                    I would take Brian Jones over Richmond any day. Same Jones who had his team in the tournament recently.

Comment

• Re: Is UMKC coming back?

I would take Brian Jones over Richmond any day. Same Jones who had his team in the tournament recently.
                      I wouldn't, Jones is awful and they are stuck with him. They might have been worse than NDSU this year.

Richman has had more success and if he can't get it on track this year he will be shown the door.

Comment

When is the last time a Summit school was in the Elite Eight? Sweet 16? Fortunately Saul got the Bison into the round of 32 or things would be looking bleak when it comes to tangible tournament success over the past decade. Some of you Rabbits need to step out of this fantasy world and wake up the reality that the MVC is smacking us around and has been for a long time.

Yeppers

Comment

Quick question concerning the Ramblers...How would the Jackrabbit faithful handle a 33 year gap between NCAA tournaments? There 4 appearances and a championship in the 1960's. That may have just preceded the big change when UCLA became relevant and mid majors became less relevant. The next run was in 1985.(34 years in the Horizon) The next run was this year. The Ramblers may have given Creighton and Shockers a load if they would have stayed in the MVC. Anyway, I suspect 33 years would drive the SDSU faithful to the limits of patience. Additionally, I suspect there are very many teams that have not a tourney appearance in the resume and they may originate in less successful conferences than the Summit. I will check the news in the morning as there ought to be an announcement calling SDSU to the MVC.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Quick question concerning the Ramblers...How would the Jackrabbit faithful handle a 33 year gap between NCAA tournaments? There 4 appearances and a championship in the 1960's. That may have just preceded the big change when UCLA became relevant and mid majors became less relevant. The next run was in 1985.(34 years in the Horizon) The next run was this year. The Ramblers may have given Creighton and Shockers a load if they would have stayed in the MVC. Anyway, I suspect 33 years would drive the SDSU faithful to the limits of patience. Additionally, I suspect there are very many teams that have not a tourney appearance in the resume and they may originate in less successful conferences than the Summit. I will check the news in the morning as there ought to be an announcement calling SDSU to the MVC.
                            Well, I usually pass on reading the “history lesson” posts on this board, but I suppose in this case I’ll bite since your post was directed to me.
                            What I think we’re seeing with a team like Loyola-Chicago is that once they gained entrance into the MVC they had to “up their game” so they say. Just like we would have to if the MVC would come calling and we accepted.
                            But IMO, there are zero teams in the Summit that the MVC is interested in, so you don’t have to worry about waking up tomorrow and hearing any news about any Summit team joining a conference that has a 2018 Elite 8 participant.
                            And alas, the folks of SF can’t rest assured the SLT will be in SF for the foreseeable future, or at least as long as the Summit League is still a viable conference.?
                            Last edited by propar80; 03-23-2018, 09:37 AM.
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Well, I usually pass on reading the “history lesson” posts on this board, but I suppose in this case I’ll bite since your post was directed to me.
                              What I think we’re seeing with a team like Loyola-Chicago is that once they gained entrance into the MVC they had to “up they’re game” so they say. Just like we would have to if the MVC would come calling and we accepted.
                              But IMO, there are zero teams in the Summit that the MVC is interested in, so you don’t have to worry about waking up tomorrow and hearing any news about any Summit team joining a conference that has a 2018 Elite 8 participant.
                              And alas, the folks of SF can’t rest assured the SLT will be in SF for the foreseeable future, or at least as long as the Summit League is still a viable conference.?
                              Not a point at you. It would be more addressed to the recurring theme of MVC money coming from the tournament due to the history of putting more teams in the field. 2nd year MVC member Ramblers came from a long drought of appearances during its long association with a lesser conference. I was attempting to frame the early D1 Jackrabbits success against other teams in our mid major world. Maybe the fan base should take a few moments to appreciate the success of the current athletic programs.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Gotta love how some of you lump all Sioux Falls people together.

Comment

Working...
                                X