Game Week: Youngstown State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: Youngstown State

I suppose we should get this started. I know I predicted a loss but after watching two of their games, I'm confident we win. Pitt is not a good FBS school this year. Their two other games were against NEC schools so it's hard to gauge the quality. They do get after the quarterback though. Harmon, Weir, and Greeneway will need to be ready to go. I trust our interior to hold the line. They have a true freshman running back that is pretty good. We'll see how he does against the valley.

http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...state.html?m=1
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Game Week: Youngstown State

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I suppose we should get this started. I know I predicted a loss but after watching two of their games, I'm confident we win. Pitt is not a good FBS school this year. Their two other games were against NEC schools so it's hard to gauge the quality. They do get after the quarterback though. Harmon, Weir, and Greeneway will need to be ready to go. I trust our interior to hold the line. They have a true freshman running back that is pretty good. We'll see how he does against the valley.

http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...state.html?m=1
    Liking the revised prediction. Won't even be able to listen to this one on the radio due to work. Hoping by the time I can check score, I'll see that the Jacks won.

You think this could be a game like last year's win against NDSU where Christion runs wild because the 'guins focus on Goedert and Wieneke?

Comment

Viewing options for the game on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        Liking the revised prediction. Won't even be able to listen to this one on the radio due to work. Hoping by the time I can check score, I'll see that the Jacks won.

You think this could be a game like last year's win against NDSU where Christion runs wild because the 'guins focus on Goedert and Wieneke?
        This just seems like the kind of game where our #2 or #3 receiver has a huge day due to double teams.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The YSU qb Wells got banged up in their last game vs RMU, I'll have to hunt a bit to find his status. Their offense seems to be improved over last year, with their defense not taking as big of a hit as I expected with losing two NFL draft pick DEs.

This is a big prove it game for us. Need to win this one for sure to keep the excitement up for the fanbase leading into our home slate. Huge matchup for the weekend. Generally speaking Stig has had Bo's number, hopefully that holds this weekend!! Need the defense to bring it and the offense to be on their A game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Viewing options for the game on Saturday?
            It appears ESPN3 is the choice.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We've had their number recently, but YSU is always a game that makes me nervous. Say what you want about Pelini, but the guy can coach up a defense. I think 27 is the magic number. If we score north of 27 we win relatively comfortably. If we are under 27, have your blood pressure med's nearby. Just like all good defenses, YSU will take away what we are best at (Weineke and Goedert deep). I do like our #2 and #3 receivers to step up.

I expect YSU to bring a lot of pressure from all different positions throughout the game. Exact opposite of what Montana State did to us. I think their gameplan is going to try and overwhelm/confuse our O-line and beat up Christion before he can run or get the ball to our playmakers.

Comment

Anyone who plays great defense and runs the ball well like they do (and NDSU) is a team that will be a difficult team to beat.

Have to hope to get off to a quick start, and make them try to play "catchup".

Comment

This is a really tough opener. I hope we've purposely been holding back on the offensive side because I don't think we've played nearly well enough yet to "expect" a win. Now would be a good time for our two superstar pass catchers to put up some big-time stats.

Anyone who goes 5-3 or better in the MVFC is good enough to get hot at the end and win a title. It's going to be a battle.

Comment

Wow... SDSU +4 according to 5dimes. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                      If we score north of 27 we win relatively comfortably. If we are under 27, have your blood pressure med's nearby.
                      I feel like this will be the quote we need to use for almost every conference game this year.

There are so many good teams in the conference this year that I just don't see many of those games that allow us to relax. It is going to be a long, stressful, fun season
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Wow... SDSU +4 according to 5dimes. Interesting.
                        What is home field, 6-7points? I think this is a tough game to place...our offense hopefully has another gear which is scary to say. We've shown the ability to have ball control offense but we need the power running game to kick in. It's been tough sledding between the tackles. Hopefully that improves. Defense, we better have figured out a scheme to at least hurry the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                          We've had their number recently, but YSU is always a game that makes me nervous. Say what you want about Pelini, but the guy can coach up a defense. I think 27 is the magic number. If we score north of 27 we win relatively comfortably. If we are under 27, have your blood pressure med's nearby. Just like all good defenses, YSU will take away what we are best at (Weineke and Goedert deep). I do like our #2 and #3 receivers to step up.

I expect YSU to bring a lot of pressure from all different positions throughout the game. Exact opposite of what Montana State did to us. I think their gameplan is going to try and overwhelm/confuse our O-line and beat up Christion before he can run or get the ball to our playmakers.
                          Being a good defensive co-ordinator got Pelini the head job at Nebraska, and the pressure from that part of his career seems to be further in the rear view mirror. I noticed Bo seemed more relaxed during the Hobo day game last year. I watched the Pitt game and Pitt controlled the game in the first half but YSU D controlled the second half and was all over the Pitt backfield. It was like Pitt offensive line decided the game was over as YSU was rushing the Pitt backs all over the place. Bo can coach and we better be loaded for bear this weekend.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 09-25-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            What is home field, 6-7points? I think this is a tough game to place...our offense hopefully has another gear which is scary to say. We've shown the ability to have ball control offense but we need the power running game to kick in. It's been tough sledding between the tackles. Hopefully that improves. Defense, we better have figured out a scheme to at least hurry the QB.
                            Usually around 3-4 points. I thought it would be closer to a pick em, even with their home field advantage.

Comment

Already up to +5.5.

Comment

Working...
                              X