MT State at UND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MT State at UND

Interesting game: seems to be confirming what happened at the USD game: UND is not a good football team. Bobcats got up 21-0 and UND intercepted a pass and ran it in and got the PAT to make the score 21-7. Montana State scored again before the half to go up to 28-7. With the clock running down, UND connected on a long pass and then -- my opinion *-- got hosed on a clock issue. I think the clock should have been stopped with about 19-20 seconds after the long pass play so that the chains could move etc. but the clock ran down to 8 seconds and UND had to take a time out to figure out what was going on. They ran one play and Studsrud the QB got sacked. So, with 3 or 4 seconds left UND kicked a field goal to make the score at half, 28-10.

MSU's QB is running and passing well as he did when he rallied his team against the Jackrabbits. So far MSU doesn't look like a pushover by any measure and what appeared to be a lapse in concentration by the Jacks in Bozeman seems to be understandable watching the 'Cats today.

* Caveat: there's a reason I have never 'reffed a football game and the only sport I was in in college required me to just run and turn left.

Re: MT State at UND

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Interesting game: seems to be confirming what happened at the USD game: UND is not a good football team. Bobcats got up 21-0 and UND intercepted a pass and ran it in and got the PAT to make the score 21-7. Montana State scored again before the half to go up to 28-7. With the clock running down, UND connected on a long pass and then -- my opinion -- got hosed on a clock issue. I think the clock should have been stopped with about 19-20 seconds after the long pass play so that the chains could move etc. but the clock ran down to 8 seconds and UND had to take a time out to figure out what was going on. They ran one play and Studsrud the QB got sacked. So, with 3 or 4 seconds left kicked a field goal to make the score at half, 28-10.

MSU's QB is running and passing well as he did when he rallied his team against the Jackrabbits. So far MSU doesn't look like a pushover by any measure and what appeared to be a lapse in concentration by the Jacks in Bozeman seems to be understandable watching the 'Cats today.
    I agree. I think that MSU's offense is much better than anyone realized and UND is just not good.

I think that we might possibly look back to that game in Bozeman and realize we beat a pretty good team.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

I think that we might possibly look back to that game in Bozeman and realize we beat a pretty good team.
      I think you're right. And we beat that team in their packed house.

I'm going to continue watching the MSU at UND game...my preference is MSU administers a big butt kicking to the Hawks (like, one of those 50 something to 10 deals) which strengthens our win at MSU.

Comment

UND received to open the second half. On the first play after a decent runback, UND gets a procedure penalty and lucky they did because they fumbled and MSU recovered but the illegal procedure was called first. We'll see what these guys are made of.

UND may be lucky they aren't playing U of Sioux Falls this season...or one of several teams in the NSIC.

Comment

I'm going to continue watching the MSU at UND game...my preference is MSU administers a big butt kicking to the Hawks (like, one of those 50 something to 10 deals) which strengthens our win at MSU.
          Where can it be watched? I’m trying to find it.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

UND received to open the second half. On the first play after a decent runback, UND gets a procedure penalty and lucky they did because they fumbled and MSU recovered but the illegal procedure was called first. We'll see what these guys are made of.

UND may be lucky they aren't playing U of Sioux Falls this season...or one of several teams in the NSIC.
            Where is this on Big sky Network?

Yup, found it

Comment

I found it on the Pluto TV app. UND's channel is playing the Midco stream.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The fighting Who seems to have more pressure on Mt. St.'s QB

Oh Nevermind

Comment

MSU 35 UND 14 with 5:10 left in the 3rd quarter.

In the first half, MSU has something like 180 yards rushing while UND had 2.
                  I had more yards than that ordering a coffee at Starbucks this morning and walking from the order station over to the place where you pick it up

Comment

UND hasn't quit. MSU 35 UND 21.with 3:22 left in the third quarter. MSU seemed to have lost some intensity on that drive. Big run by Studsrud, the UND QB followed by a big pass play for the score.

Comment

UND hasn't quit. MSU 35 UND 21.with 3:22 left in the third quarter. MSU seemed to have lost some intensity on that drive. Big run by Studsrud, the UND QB followed by a big pass play for the score.
                      "turn out the lights"

Comment

No kidding. UND is bad. They're not big enough and something is missing -- they seem to be clueless much of the time on defense.

Comment

No kidding. UND is bad. They're not big enough and something is missing -- they seem to be clueless much of the time on defense.
                          One take away is how much they ran against UND Vs. How much they threw against Us. I'm not sure what to make of that wither they thought they had to do that to keep up or felt it was an area to expoit agains the Jcks

Comment

This is exactly what I tell all my friends that are still dwelling on that game. Even if MSU finished in the middle of the Big Sky, that is a hard place to win.

Edit: I just had to edit this to say how ugly the UND uniform choice was for this game. They should have been penalized 15 yards at the start of the game for it. It may be the only uniform i dislike more than the Jackrabbit Banana uniform
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

FINAL: Montana State 49, North Dakota 21

No reason to listen to anyone who wants to talk about how good UND is this year. Schweigert's fourth year---can they get away with calling it a rebuilding year? They've been bit by the injury bug but that doesn't cut it in the FCS.

More proof that early-season polls are close to meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                              X