Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowbell

Originally posted by goon View Post
    During my days at state, we used it at different events and at a hockey game pretty sure it broke. But that was years ago. I assume it was fixed after that.
    It was a big deal at basketball games in Barn, more so then at old State Field. Am I right Roy? Jack#1? Some one surely took the time fix it. Let's bring it back.

Comment

There has to be a way of incorporating this tradition back into gameday at SDSU.

1 rowdy (and responsible) fan in the front row of each section ringing a cowbell at appropriate times (3rd down, after crucial but not eye popping plays), and I guarantee fans would spend more time on their feet yelling.

I remember games at Frost in DII where a couple fans with cowbells really got the crowd going at various times.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Wasn't slosho working on building a worlds biggest cowbell or some engineer on the fan site was? something about figuring out the size and thickness and how big of a clapper to get it to actually sound like a cowbell.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          It was a big deal at basketball games in Barn, more so then at old State Field. Am I right Roy? Jack#1? Some one surely took the time fix it. Let's bring it back.
          I am part of the group working on getting the cowbell back...so obviously I have missed it!!! This proposal is for football only, and for SDSU only in the MVFC. It would be against the rules to ring a cowbell after the team has broken the huddle and that would be enforced. Mississippi State has a waiver from its conference. We will be meeting with the MVFC Commissioner, and go from there. The cowbell has been a tradition at SDSC/U from 1920 up to our exit from Division II.

Comment

I know I have heard cowbells on SDSU conference road games before too. Don't remember who we were playing, but you could sure hear it on the radio.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              I am part of the group working on getting the cowbell back...so obviously I have missed it!!! This proposal is for football only, and for SDSU only in the MVFC. It would be against the rules to ring a cowbell after the team has broken the huddle and that would be enforced. Mississippi State has a waiver from its conference. We will be meeting with the MVFC Commissioner, and go from there. The cowbell has been a tradition at SDSC/U from 1920 up to our exit from Division II.
              We had it for awhile during our probationary time. I think it stopped when we joined the Valley and the summit
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                We had it for awhile during our probationary time. I think it stopped when we joined the Valley and the summit
                Sorry I wasn't more explicit on the time frame. We lost the cowbells when we joined the MVFC.

Comment

I'm all for this. I don't see how we can't be allowed to have something that is a tradition for us while domes get to pipe in screaming loud music to amp up the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Could always be worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                      Could always be worse...

Ok, i give in. Bring on the cowbells.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I know I have heard cowbells on SDSU conference road games before too. Don't remember who we were playing, but you could sure hear it on the radio.
                        Believe I heard it when the Jacks played at YSU, and, as others have mentioned, when they played MSU a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Does YSU have special permission such as what we are trying to acquire,or do they just do it, same for MSU. We at least try and do it the right way. YSU is also in the MVFC, so what applies to one applies to everyone right ,isn't that what conference affiliation is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Does YSU have special permission such as what we are trying to acquire,or do they just do it, same for MSU. We at least try and do it the right way. YSU is also in the MVFC, so what applies to one applies to everyone right ,isn't that what conference affiliation is all about.
                            Or we went overboard on it because we were new to the conference and YSU doesn't care too much because in the end loud environments look good for the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

A big problem I see is claiming that you can't ring a cowbell after the team has broken the huddle. This will be incredibly difficult to enforce, and if you really go to the ends necessary to actually enforce it, it will be more obnoxious than the bell ringing itself.

Having said that, I support the initiative and I would probably participate. Just pointing out a potential issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                Believe I heard it when the Jacks played at YSU, and, as others have mentioned, when they played MSU a couple weeks ago.
                                I was going to say, I'm pretty sure I've heard it during Youngstown games in the past. Also feel like I've heard them on the broadcast at Western Illinois and Indiana State. Maybe Missouri State too, although that may have actually been a cow with a bell attached as roughly 10 people attend their games.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X