Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cowbell

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Ending it with State Cadence would work well.
    I know it's not a popular Opinion but, the end of the state cadence "2-3-4 that's the people who were for" is even more hot garbage than the chant. It NEEDS to die horrible lonely death somewhere in the badlands. It sounds horrible. One of the few things we do that I HATE!

Comment

• Cowbell

While you guys are worrying about a manufactured "cheer" that is inconsequential I am trying to figure out why we can't get a run/pass call from the crowd to help our defense out. The sideline does it. Why can't the crowd?

Oh, and bring back the cowbell. I have a small one in my closet collecting dust that I tied a leather strip to so I could shake it faster and louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        I'm not really sure about the JACK-RABBITS part? Wonder who came up with that?
        This cheer was made-up by the Barnyard Cadets. They took the idea from when students would chant SD-SU back and forth between the two student sections in Frost. It has merit, but I don't think it will stick around; it just doesn't work the way they wanted it to. What I think is worse than that is the "Jacks" chant we do after it. This was stolen from the Iceland/Minnesota Vikings chant (most of you know of the "Skol" chant by now), and it just doesn't work for us. Why are we trying to steal this chant from two groups where is makes sense? It just sounds pitiful and nobody has any idea what is going on except the students who have been at a game the past couple of years. If we want to do cheers, great, but we need to start building a fanbase for it and make cheering practice sessions a thing (there are schools where student sections actually do this on a weeknight before every home game, so it's not crazy.)
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          This cheer was made-up by the Barnyard Cadets. They took the idea from when students would chant SD-SU back and forth between the two student sections in Frost. It has merit, but I don't think it will stick around; it just doesn't work the way they wanted it to. What I think is worse than that is the "Jacks" chant we do after it. This was stolen from the Iceland/Minnesota Vikings chant (most of you know of the "Skol" chant by now), and it just doesn't work for us. Why are we trying to steal this chant from two groups where is makes sense? It just sounds pitiful and nobody has any idea what is going on except the students who have been at a game the past couple of years. If we want to do cheers, great, but we need to start building a fanbase for it and make cheering practice sessions a thing (there are schools where student sections actually do this on a weeknight before every home game, so it's not crazy.)
          The BYC actually tried to make the cheering practice sessions a thing as well. However, student attendance for an on campus event on a Friday or Thursday night is pretty difficult to get.

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
            The BYC actually tried to make the cheering practice sessions a thing as well. However, student attendance for an on campus event on a Friday or Thursday night is pretty difficult to get.
            I know they tried it because I actually went to the three they did (pretty sure it was only three.) You don't do something only a few times and give-up on it; you build it up over time. It might take a few years and the athletic admin being more willing to help out, but they need to stick to doing it. The Sylvan Green is not the place to do it. The department needs to let a student group lead students in practicing in the actual stadium. Watch the best student sections in any sport and you will see all sorts of unique ways students lead cheers and get all the students involved. I want the student section to be great, but they need the right leadership and willingness to do something. (This is why the phone signal being so bad isn't such a bad thing.)
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              While you guys are worrying about a manufactured "cheer" that is inconsequential I am trying to figure out why we can't get a run/pass call from the crowd to help our defense out. The sideline does it. Why can't the crowd?

Oh, and bring back the cowbell. I have a small one in my closet collecting dust that I tied a leather strip to so I could shake it faster and louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I have a 10 of them patiently waiting to be called back into action.
              We...ARE...STATE!
              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I would love to retire the cannon and the chant. If they keep the chant then it needs to be incorporated into the pregame. If we need a new cheer to everyone excited about, then emulate the We Are Penn State chant. One of the best if not thee best in college.
                https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...1C&FORM=VRDGAR
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Okay so I've had an idea brewing for quite some time, well since Jacks#1fan brought this back into light. Thanks Keith! what would be cool in my opinion, is to make a kontrapshin(sp deliberate) that consists of a drum that you spin with multiple cowbells attached or around the periphery that ring at different times with different tones (real cowbells not the clanky clank ones) in my opinion it would need to be somewhere around to foot in diameter and 3' in length.
                  Call it the??? Roto-Rooter? Wouldn't be cheap but would be cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the latest from campus? Were you able to successfully meet with MVFC yet? Any input from the AD and/or president (school not Trump)?
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                      What is the latest from campus? Were you able to successfully meet with MVFC yet? Any input from the AD and/or president (school not Trump)?
                      Jack#1fan said that one of the MVFC officials would be in town this weekend and they were going to meet at that time. So we should hear something from Jack#1 sometime next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Jack#1fan said that one of the MVFC officials would be in town this weekend and they were going to meet at that time. So we should hear something from Jack#1 sometime next week.

Here's a god one fr the students https://twitter.com/WasecaFans/status/919022581231116292

Comment

Thought I posted this elsewhere, but will repeat: Cowbell group met with MVFC Commissioner Patty Viverito after the Southern Illinois game. She listened, and asked some questions, but was amenable to putting the issue on the agenda for the Conference meeting in January. The SDSU delegation (president, athletic director and faculty rep) will speak to it at the meeting. Won't hear any more on it until that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Thought I posted this elsewhere, but will repeat: Cowbell group met with MVFC Commissioner Patty Viverito after the Southern Illinois game. She listened, and asked some questions, but was amenable to putting the issue on the agenda for the Conference meeting in January. The SDSU delegation (president, athletic director and faculty rep) will speak to it at the meeting. Won't hear any more on it until that happens.
                            Wow actually sounds like there is a shot
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I erred in the post. The conference meeting is actually February 19. I want to be optimistic, but would say our chances are probably 50-50 at best. GO COWBELLS!

Comment

Working...
                              X