Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowbell

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I still say: Bring Back The Rooter King.
    YES!
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
      College must be different than high school football. Down here in Oklahoma the band plays constantly during games.
      Southern college bands do it all the time as well. When NDSU traveled to a SWAC school back during the transition(MVSU?), the few Bison fans that showed up said their band played throughout the entire game. Just a cultural thing. Of course at some of those schools, the bands are far better at their job than the football team is at theirs.

Comment

this is ridiculous! With new stadiums come new Traditions! We already have a great chant that everyone is on board with SD......SU. SD.......SU I forget the rest, but you get the idea.......
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          Southern college bands do it all the time as well. When NDSU traveled to a SWAC school back during the transition(MVSU?), the few Bison fans that showed up said their band played throughout the entire game. Just a cultural thing. Of course at some of those schools, the bands are far better at their job than the football team is at theirs.
          So,they have a culture of ignoring rules?Sorry, just had to say it.Something we should start maybe, since there's no enforcement evidently.Only 1/2 serious, but it irks me when other institutions do whatever they want,and get by with it,meanwhile we sit back trying to obey the rules submitting a petition,which will probably be denied anyway.Sorry for the bad mood,like i said it really irks me

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            So,they have a culture of ignoring rules?Sorry, just had to say it.Something we should start maybe, since there's no enforcement evidently.Only 1/2 serious, but it irks me when other institutions do whatever they want,and get by with it,meanwhile we sit back trying to obey the rules submitting a petition,which will probably be denied anyway.Sorry for the bad mood,like i said it really irks me
            It may depend on if its a NCAA conference or school rule. Would think the band not playing during the games would be NCAA. If that's the case the NCAA should either enforce the rules or get rid of them.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              I am part of the group working on getting the cowbell back...so obviously I have missed it!!! This proposal is for football only, and for SDSU only in the MVFC. It would be against the rules to ring a cowbell after the team has broken the huddle and that would be enforced. Mississippi State has a waiver from its conference. We will be meeting with the MVFC Commissioner, and go from there. The cowbell has been a tradition at SDSC/U from 1920 up to our exit from Division II.

Has the meeting occurred and if it has how did it come out?
              Meantime:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_MWeOs8Ffg
              Last edited by Nidaros; 09-26-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Has the meeting occurred and if it has how did it come out?
                Meantime:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_MWeOs8Ffg
                I believe the SA had a meeting last night and this was on the agenda. I am not sure how it turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  I believe the SA had a meeting last night and this was on the agenda. I am not sure how it turned out.
                  The SA passed a resolution with unanimous vote to support the reintroduction of the cowbell at football games.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

KULawJack beat me to it.

Comment

This meeting is for form and the meeting of substance was with the MVFC and that was the one I was asking about. What the SA does not carry weight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacks#1Fan;317233]I am part of the group working on getting the cowbell back...so obviously I have missed it!!! This proposal is for football only, and for SDSU only in the MVFC. It would be against the rules to ring a cowbell after the team has broken the huddle and that would be enforced. Mississippi State has a waiver from its conference. We will be meeting with the MVFC Commissioner, and go from there. The cowbell has been a tradition at SDSC/U from 1920 up to our exit from Division II.[/QUOTE]

The comment in bold was the meeting I was asking Jacks#1Fan about.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          This meeting is for form and the meeting of substance was with the MVFC and that was the one I was asking about. What the SA does not carry weight.
                          Are you drunk at 10:41AM in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Are you drunk at 10:41AM in the morning?
                            Prolly not necessary to post that question.

I think what Nidaros is saying is clear. He's asking about the MVFC meeting that Jacks#1Fan referenced. The SA vote is really nothing but a formality in his mind. Not sure whether that's true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I think what Nidaros is saying is clear. He's asking about the MVFC meeting that Jacks#1Fan referenced. The SA vote is really nothing but a formality in his mind. Not sure whether that's true or not.
                              Relax and learn how to take a joke. Nidaros has been on the record many times that he doesn't drink. Sorry if I was too vague.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I would think the SA vote shows solidarity from the students perspective in getting an audience with the MVFC. I think it also shows school officials that there is student interest. One would hope that perhaps school officials will consider allowing it for non-conference home games. Perhaps the MVFC can monitor that way and provide a ruling based upon that.

Any time a student organization shows school pride and the foresight to debate it I think it holds weight. Now whether or not the officials that have final say in these matters agree, that is another story.

Comment

Working...
                                X