Cowbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowbell

If anyone watched the Oklahoma state-Tcu game this past weekend, you may have noticed the "slap" of their artificial noisemakers, the "poke stick". If you listened closely, the students slap in a beat right up to the point the offense breaks their huddle. They do it perfectly, and within the NCAA guidelines. That is what the Barnyard Cadets are aiming for in the "Ring Responsibly" plan. Tune in the next time OSU plays a home game and the pokes are on defense, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Relax and learn how to take a joke. Nidaros has been on the record many times that he doesn't drink. Sorry if I was too vague.
      I must be too dumb to get that joke. Agreed, Nidaros is on record many times on the negative effects of alcohol. I'm not sure he would have found the humor in your joke either.

Comment

Relax and learn how to take a joke. Nidaros has been on the record many times that he doesn't drink. Sorry if I was too vague.
        And what were you trying to say? Please explain.

Comment

I simply took at jab at Nidaros for the poor grammar in his post above. To me it read similar to what someone who is drunk would write. I apologize if it was a poor attempt at humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            I would think the SA vote shows solidarity from the students perspective in getting an audience with the MVFC. I think it also shows school officials that there is student interest. One would hope that perhaps school officials will consider allowing it for non-conference home games. Perhaps the MVFC can monitor that way and provide a ruling based upon that.

Any time a student organization shows school pride and the foresight to debate it I think it holds weight. Now whether or not the officials that have final say in these matters agree, that is another story.
            I have not had spirits touch my lips in 44 years, so I am not drunk at 1:00 PM nor was I drunk at 10:41AM, I am though guilty of belittling the student effort of getting the cowbell back. Jack#1fan is maybe meeting with the commish. That's the one meeting that counts in this affair, but student support is needed.

Comment

I simply took at jab at Nidaros for the poor grammar in his post above. To me it read similar to what someone who is drunk would write. I apologize if it was a poor attempt at humor.
              Since you are the grammar expert, would you mind pointing out my error. It was a poor attempt at humor by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                It was a poor attempt at humor by the way.
                This describes 90% of message board jokes.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Since you are the grammar expert, would you mind pointing out my error. It was a poor attempt at humor by the way.
                  No expert needed...just re-read your post.

Sorry, Nidaros. I will concede as I'm not a fan when others bicker back and forth between each other on this board over meaningless things. It wastes everyone's time. I should know better by now.

Comment

No expert needed...just re-read your post.

Sorry, Nidaros. I will concede as I'm not a fan when others bicker back and forth between each other on this board over meaningless things. It wastes everyone's time. I should know better by now.
                    No problem here. I appreciate your posts most of the time. You seem to have a good pipeline to the Athletic Dept or at least close to those who do know what is going on. BTW I do have a horrible habit of leaving out key words.

Comment

I see a lot of words that don't fit in today's grammar, sadly ,even in published articles. Are we losing the basic ability to structure sentences using the proper words.I usually chalk it up to no one proof reading their work,writing on a small screen such as a smart phone ,etc. But still, this is stuff I learned in grade school, and these are college students and professional people structuring these articles,blogs,messages ,etc.Don't know if they aren't taught correctly or people just don't really care anymore.It happens far too often,more than it ever did in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        I see a lot of words that don't fit in today's grammar, sadly ,even in published articles. Are we losing the basic ability to structure sentences using the proper words.I usually chalk it up to no one proof reading their work,writing on a small screen such as a smart phone ,etc. But still, this is stuff I learned in grade school, and these are college students and professional people structuring these articles,blogs,messages ,etc.Don't know if they aren't taught correctly or people just don't really care anymore.It happens far too often,more than it ever did in the past.
                        Oh jackdaniel....you of all people can't delve into this conversation. Your posts are the hardest to read on this forum. Not because of your grammar but rather your punctuation, lack there of, or whatever you want to call it!!! I'll just refrain from adding any more to this thread! Whew....

Comment

Oh jackdaniel....you of all people can't delve into this conversation. Your posts are the hardest to read on this forum. Not because of your grammar but rather your punctuation, lack there of, or whatever you want to call it!!! I'll just refrain from adding any more to this thread! Whew....
                          OK,...just thought I'd expound a little bit on this subject since the conversation seemed to be drifting this way...agree, I'm not the best writer either, just for authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            OK,...just thought I'd expound a little bit on this subject since the conversation seemed to be drifting this way...agree, I'm not the best writer either, just for authenticity.
                            You are better than me, but that is not saying much. Let's get the cowbell back.

Comment

So . . . you're saying he needs more cowbell?
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                So . . . you're saying he needs more cowbell?
                                OK Filbert....ding,ding,ding,ding!!

Comment

Working...
                                X