• Cowbell

Looks like there is a petition to bring back the cowbell

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y...Ixazl1VGs/view
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Re: Cowbell

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

Huh...i was at Montana State where they ring them. It quickly goes from cool to really f-ing annoying. Hopefully it is something that only catches on in the student section!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Huh...i was at Montana State where they ring them. It quickly goes from cool to really f-ing annoying. Hopefully it is something that only catches on in the student section!
      I think that Ringing them after big plays is innocuous. Constant ringing might be a bit much.

Comment

some people in section 206 were ringing them. I do miss the cowbells after a big play though. Would like to see that come back.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So glad you put this on here. I saw it earlier. The place where it would be most helpful is when the opposing teams offense is at the line and they can't communicate because it is so loud. You think the Fargodome quiets down so the opposing team can make checks. BRING BACK THE COWBELL!!!

Comment

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm in the camp of: Please No.

Comment

A no for me too. Whats wrong with using our hands and mouth to make noise.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  A no for me too. Whats wrong with using our hands and mouth to make noise.
                  +1.
                  ten char
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I want it to come back, why because I have a fever and the only person prescription is more cowbell. Man that takes me back to the days at coughlin where your arm hurt from waving a cowbell all day. I totally get why they the conferences outlaw them but would like to see them back in DJD.
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I want it to come back, why because I have a fever and the only person prescription is more cowbell. Man that takes me back to the days at coughlin where your arm hurt from waving a cowbell all day. I totally get why they the conferences outlaw them but would like to see them back in DJD.
                      Maybe they could make a video of 1000's of people ringing cowbells and use that video at big times in the game. Or on all 3rd downs. Then we would have to have them ringing in our ears. Have you ever watched a Mississippi St home football game on TV? It is the most annoying game to watch with all the cowbells ringing.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Maybe they could make a video of 1000's of people ringing cowbells and use that video at big times in the game. Or on all 3rd downs. Then we would have to have them ringing in our ears. Have you ever watched a Mississippi St home football game on TV? It is the most annoying game to watch with all the cowbells ringing.
                        Speaking of artificial crowd noise, I was initially intrigued by the chainsaw noise while watching the Gophers beat Oregon State a couple of weeks ago. It sounded really cool and provided some edge to the game. However, I could tell it would be one that I would quickly tire of. This clip is from a different game, but you can hear it in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          Speaking of artificial crowd noise, I was initially intrigued by the chainsaw noise while watching the Gophers beat Oregon State a couple of weeks ago. It sounded really cool and provided some edge to the game. However, I could tell it would be one that I would quickly tire of. This clip is from a different game, but you can hear it in the background.
                          Wow, that would get really old fast.

Comment

I still say: Bring Back The Rooter King.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              I still say: Bring Back The Rooter King.
                              During my days at state, we used it at different events and at a hockey game pretty sure it broke. But that was years ago. I assume it was fixed after that.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X