Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Rotation/Newcomers Speculation

Hey all,

Anyone have any inside scoop on what we can expect for a rotation this year? I have zero inside knowledge, but my speculation would be that Dillon plays to spell Daum and Theisen at times. I'd think they'd want to get him experience if Mike is gone next year for any reason. Also, it seems like Jenkins will definitely play, along with Key and Polk-Hilliard.

Anyone have any actual inside scoop?

Getting excited for the season to start.

Re: 2017 Rotation/Newcomers Speculation

The easy part of the starting lineup is that I expect Key, Daum, and Telly. Then it is a coin flip of Severyn and Thiesen depending if Daum starts at the 5 or Thiesen starts there and Daum rotates on the first substitution. The next big question is whether Flatten cracks the lineup or Howell, King, or Jenkins step up. If Polk-Hilliard or Krueger steps up quick as 3 or 4, then Severyn could be the sub at 4 and Thiesen at the 5. Telly would move back and forth 3 and 4. I would guess the pecking order is not entirely set. This is what happens on the bye week of football. There are redshirts that might include Dentlinger, Arians, and ??? or ??? I do not envision playing people for next year for experience on this team. I think it is play your best man every minute of the game for this season. Not inside scoop, but it makes sense in my little world.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

To start the season, I think you plug Key in the Orris spot, and roll with Daum, Telly, Howell and King like at the end of last season. As the season progresses, it wouldn't surprise me if Polk-Hilliard replaces Howell because of better outside shooting. King made me a believer during the Summit tourney because of his defense. Even though he isn't a scorer, I think we need him on the floor to shut down the opponent's best scoring guard. Theisen's slimmed down physique (he's listed as 10 lbs. lighter than Daum on the roster) should help his mobility, and hopefully his durability. Jenkins probably gets minutes at both guard spots. Of the other freshmen, I think Dillon and Krueger play with Dentlinger and Arians most likely to red-shirt. Flatten and Severyn should still get back-up minutes at the 3/4 spots. I expect many different line-up combinations, as this roster has more versatility than we have had in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        To start the season, I think you plug Key in the Orris spot, and roll with Daum, Telly, Howell and King like at the end of last season. As the season progresses, it wouldn't surprise me if Polk-Hilliard replaces Howell because of better outside shooting. King made me a believer during the Summit tourney because of his defense. Even though he isn't a scorer, I think we need him on the floor to shut down the opponent's best scoring guard. Theisen's slimmed down physique (he's listed as 10 lbs. lighter than Daum on the roster) should help his mobility, and hopefully his durability. Jenkins probably gets minutes at both guard spots. Of the other freshmen, I think Dillon and Krueger play with Dentlinger and Arians most likely to red-shirt. Flatten and Severyn should still get back-up minutes at the 3/4 spots. I expect many different line-up combinations, as this roster has more versatility than we have had in awhile.
        No mention of Jenkins. I think he might be the best scorer of the newcomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I have no idea on rotation or things like that. I'm just really excited about the upcoming year. Yes, some new faces but a lot of experienced players along with year 2 of the "Otz Regime" all mean good things.

There just shouldn't be any of the struggles like we saw at the beginning of last year. These guys are locked into the system and should be ready to roll which will help the new faces get up to speed. As for those new faces, there is a lot of talent in that bunch.

Enjoying the heck out of football now and intend to into December but excited about the prospects of the basketball season.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            No mention of Jenkins. I think he might be the best scorer of the newcomers.

"Jenkins probably gets minutes at both guard spots."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              "Jenkins probably gets minutes at both guard spots."
              Oh boy, my bad. That's what happens when I read on the toilet.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
              X