Game Week: Improvement Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Improvement Week

Improvement week: please improve the defensive line so they stop the rushing game first at YSU. The Guins will run the ball first and have a couple decent RBs so stop the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      Improvement week: please improve the defensive line so they stop the rushing game first at YSU. The Guins will run the ball first and have a couple decent RBs so stop the run.
      Ounce kellen is back and healthy we will stop the run, my concern is there improved passing game
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        I thought we weren't talking about hypothetical match ups? Or is that only when it isn't convenient for you?

The idea that a mid tier ACC team would finish in the bottom half of the Big Sky in what looks to be a down year for that conference is laughable. And if Pitt were to finish that low in the sky based on their pass defense, I'd just hate to see where the Jacks finished after MSU threw for 311 yards against them...

The point of this thread was to talk about improvmeets needed before YSU. This defense, and specifically the pass rush, need to improve if we are going into YSU and coming out with a win over what looks to be a top 5 team.
        Nope, that's basically all you are talking about, and as I mentioned doing so is essentially meaningless because the tendency is to cherry pick stats, standings, etc. to serve one's own ends; for instance, you fixating on last year's standings to support your point even after I asked about this year and me focusing on Pitt's inability to defend YSU's air attack and continuing to insist that folks remember the Jacks won at MSU​.

Comment

The YSU defense looks pretty good. Will be a good test of how good our offense is. Will be a good test of our O line against their rapist D end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Anyone have a copy of the Stig Show from Monday? I missed it. Thanks

Comment

Found here but it is premium content, if you access to that.
              http://gojacks.com/watch/?Archive=2762&type=Archive

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                The YSU defense looks pretty good. Will be a good test of how good our offense is. Will be a good test of our O line against their rapist D end.

I don't believe the player referenced is actually playing, is he?!?
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  I don't believe the player referenced is actually playing, is he?!?
                  He played in second half. The box score shows participation.

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fbal...xml?view=plays

Amazing Bo found him on campus!
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Replays have been coming up on the JackrabbitSportsNet twitter account, but last night's is not posted yet.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

I hear that he has a rapist wit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Replays have been coming up on the JackrabbitSportsNet twitter account, but last night's is not posted yet.
                        It is up this morning.

Comment

Defense.
                          If we are worried about the offense, then let's pack it in.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Hopefully we haven't really gotten very deep in the playbook, aside from the fake FG attempt. I would hope that's some of what they are doing this week. getting geared up to open the playbook. I feel they have been going through the motion on offense but not really locked in and playing at an intense level. I am bummed since I really thought that with teams focusing on the passing game would open up the run game since we have 4 guys who deserve to carry the ball IMHO. but they haven't shown they are ready to be a bigger part of the offense.

That Dline needs to either figure out a pass rush or figure out how to disguise blitz packages since it felt like really only affected the passing game bringing extra pressure. As long as the D line can focus on containment for the running QBs that would be a big plus, like streveler. If they cant do that the strength of the D will have to help. The Youngstown game will be a good test and indicator. I sort of feel like this is the game we are going to lose. But if we lose I think it will be the game that might kick this team into the next gear. felt like the cal poly game was last year.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              Defense.
                              If we are worried about the offense, then let's pack it in.
                              I hope that most people are more worried about the defense since we lost a lot of talent and most of the offense is back but I would like to see some more out of our offense.
                              We have 2-NFL caliber receivers and an all conference QB but how many points have they put up against teams not named Drake and Duquesne over the last 5 games? I know this includes NDSU and Villanova(last season) but the numbers aren't good. They put up 7, 3, 10, 0, 17 and 14 points/half. That means our offense is averaging 17 points/game. I would hope that they should be able to put up around 30+ points/game and hope the defense can hold teams to less then that.
                              The defense did allow 30+ points to NDSU and ISUr last year but other scores were 17, 10, 24, 21, 24, 7 and 27 points over the last 9 games. Most of those were from last year but I'm hoping it will be along the same lines this year.

Comment

Stig doesn't show his cards. Its one of his hallmarks. Its not how I would do it, but it is clearly how he does it.

Comment

Working...
                                X