GDT: Drake Bullpuppies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Drake Bullpuppies

Suggestion to the gameday crew.......that chant they have the crowd do at the start of the 4th quarter....where the east side yells SD and the west side returns with SU......might wanna start with the WEST side saying SD.....Or else it'll be an ND... SU chant at the NDSU game.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Where was Urbanek?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
        Where was Urbanek?
        It may have been a leg muscle injury that could use some recovery time.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Suggestion to the gameday crew.......that chant they have the crowd do at the start of the 4th quarter....where the east side yells SD and the west side returns with SU......might wanna start with the WEST side saying SD.....Or else it'll be an ND... SU chant at the NDSU game.
          I'm good with just getting rid of it entirely. This is one of those where they mean well but it just isn't going to cut it. Does anybody like it???

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            I'm good with just getting rid of it entirely. This is one of those where they mean well but it just isn't going to cut it. Does anybody like it???
            I do think it is kind of neat hearing the echo after each side's chant, but it wouldn't ruin my game experience if it was "retired."

Speaking of gameday experience. My rant and rave are:

Rant: Not showing the stat comparison on the videoboard all of the first half
            Rave: Other than the Jacks having a convincing win (and relatively injury-free game) -- it was impressive to see multiple Drake players clapping when the "Military Family of the Game" was being announced, particularly when it was occurring despite the fact that their team was losing.

Comment

Agreed.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

No I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  I do think it is kind of neat hearing the echo after each side's chant, but it wouldn't ruin my game experience if it was "retired."

Rave: Other than the Jacks having a convincing win (and relatively injury-free game) -- it was impressive to see multiple Drake players clapping when the "Military Family of the Game" was being announced, particularly when it was occurring despite the fact that their team was losing.
                  There were many Duquesne players that did the same.
                  Would like to see the SD...SU thing end.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

They need to add some more tables and chairs in Club 71 and then take them down once the game starts.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

My weekly Rants & Raves: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ves-drake.html
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        I get our game is a passing game, but I just think the lack of a rushing game is going to doom us in the long run. Our leading rusher at half vs Drake is a WR (Weineke) at 35 yds.

We'll probably see a lot of runs in the 2nd half I guess. I would like to see the rushing yds really rack up.
                        Throwing fades and slants against Drake at the two yard line gets me nervous. I agree with the running game. SDSU needs to be able to run the ball.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Throwing fades and slants against Drake at the two yard line gets me nervous. I agree with the running game. SDSU needs to be able to run the ball.
                          It drove me absolutely nuts...even though I knew it would probably work. We'll need to run the ball in the MVFC. Hard to flip that switch, especially for the O-Linemen that pass protect 90% of the time.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Offense is fine. We can run if we have to. We can throw it. I'm worried about our defense - I don't think we're that good.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Great blog post. Definitely agree about trying to get Daniel more carries. What improvement(s) do you think is/are key for Jacks to implement during Improvement Week?

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                                There were many Duquesne players that did the same.
                                Would like to see the SD...SU thing end.
                                I was remiss in not mentioning it for the Dukes. Guess I was distracted by #65's antics. Drake's players impressed me more because it was sustained clapping (basically during the whole announcement).

Comment

Working...
                                X