• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Drake Bullpuppies

#ChuckthePigskin

#HatetheDrake

#BlueCupcakeAbstinence
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: GDT: Drake Bullpuppies

Ahhh... There it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I was having a discussion about this game with a few friends last night. There may, or may not, have been a few craft beers in play. We started to argue about what we would consider a "good win" against Drake. So I came up with a list as I get more organized the more stouts I have:

1) 14+ point spread. I am not one for margin of victory meaning anything, but anything less than 2 touchdowns means something very bad happened (i.e injuries)
      2) Playing off #1, no injuries. Get the starters their reps and get them out.
      3) We will need the younger guys to play so that we have depth during conference play. No to mention step up next season when we lose a lot of talent
      4) Not giving away the play book. We already dipped into it against Montana State with the fake. SDSU should be able to win this game playing base offense and defense. "Base" doesn't mean boring in my dictionary

There were more numbers, but the logic got very bad very quickly so I will not include those.

Go Jacks!
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'd be disappointed with anything less than a 4 TD win.

Drake is not good.

If we can't score on or defend against them with our 2nd string, we are in trouble in Valley play.

Comment

hopefully,After the first quarter the subs can start going into the game. No players who are currently injured at all having to play. 56 - 7 final score, with their scores coming in 2nd half against 2nds to 4ths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not going to be great weather. I hope the crowd size is okay.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              This is football weather baby!!! #PoundThePigskin

Comment

Forecast looks to be nearly clear by kickoff and a decent, albeit chilly, temp range of the lowere 60's to upper 50's. Football temps. The wind at 8-10 mph but out of the west shifting to the NW by the end of the game. Here's hoping the D can regain their footing and dominate again and get loads of experience for these young guys.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Mid 50's with winds less than 10mph (no forecast of rain at kickoff). If someone is not coming for those type of conditions I don't know what to say.

Hype Video: ‪ https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status...video/1‬

#BeThereBeLoud!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                    This is football weather baby!!! #PoundThePigskin
                    Definitely -- a slight "chill" is good for encouraging folks to "get to stompin'" when the Drake offense is on the field to keep warm. Should limit the bug splatter on the windshield on drive up to and back from Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Mid 50's with winds less than 10mph (no forecast of rain at kickoff). If someone is not coming for those type of conditions I don't know what to say.

Hype Video: ‪ https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status...video/1‬

#BeThereBeLoud!
                      Think the PM low is now 43, but I'm with you, that's nothing uncomfortable (to me anyway).

Was just thinking the other day, that in the years I've been watching, Brookings has been fortunate in having relatively great weather on game days. Man, I can't wait to get to town for the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        Forecast looks to be nearly clear by kickoff and a decent, albeit chilly, temp range of the lowere 60's to upper 50's. Football temps. The wind at 8-10 mph but out of the west shifting to the NW by the end of the game. Here's hoping the D can regain their footing and dominate again and get loads of experience for these young guys.
                        If this "weather" is too much for a couple fans, maybe they need to turn in their football tickets for basketball. This is the kind of day I look forward too all year. I love a chilly day watching football. Heck, I love watching football in the snow. I will take 50/60 over 80/90 any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          If this "weather" is too much for a couple fans, maybe they need to turn in their football tickets for basketball. This is the kind of day I look forward too all year. I love a chilly day watching football. Heck, I love watching football in the snow. I will take 50/60 over 80/90 any day of the week and twice on Sunday
                          They can definitely be fun, but driving in the snow isn't necessarily the highlight of such game days.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            They can definitely be fun, but driving in the snow isn't necessarily the highlight of such game days.
                            I agree. And snow is the only thing that really would keep me from making it to a game. Even then, I probably have driven to a game when I had no business doing it.

Watching the Memphis/UCLA game, it looked pretty bare at kick-off. That makes me feel a little better about the smaller crowd sizes.

Comment

As filbert would say, this needs to be a total kerblastification. Period! They lost to the Yotes 77-7. I don't care if the Yote's were on fire and Drake had a terrible day. We have to beat them from the opening bell and put up some big numbers. The weather should do nothing more than favor us and our offense. We are bigger, stronger, faster, and more experienced. Yes, there could be some drops and a fumble or two but that goes both ways. We need to own the line of scrimmage today or we are in trouble versus quality opponents. I fully expect to see us do all of that.

Only things that hurt us today are turnovers, and Eidsness and Stig playing this one so close to the vest that the Jacks are predictable and therefore stoppable.

No excuses. Time to roll!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X